SOULCALIBUR 6: News, leaks and information discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
search

1363680270904412588.jpg

Now the problem is that CDPR didn't do it that well themselves, then gave the assets to Bamco.
Good point regarding the chain mail.

Obviously the colours pop out a lot more in your screenshot compared to what we have in the trailers of the incomplete SC6 so far.

Texture-wise of the Witcher 3 (older game than SC6):
The collar material looks really amazing.
His brown leather strap and the stitching (across his shoulder for his swords?) look low-res oddly enough.
His skin actually looks like skin with pores and wrinkles, unlike the rubbery plastic of SC6.
The wrappings on the handles of both his sword look really good.

New point: Both his swords get soul charged ? Will he dual wield ?
Both Swords.jpg

Good point regarding the chain mail.

Obviously the colours pop out a lot more in your screenshot compared to what we have in the trailers of the incomplete SC6 so far.

Texture-wise:
The collar material looks really amazing.
His brown leather strap and the stitching (across his shoulder for his swords?) look low-res oddly enough.
His skin actually looks like skin with pores and wrinkles, unlike the rubbery plastic of SC6.
The wrappings on the handles of both his sword look really good.

To me, it seems like they deliberately struck some of the detail from his face to make him a little more in-line with the general aesthetic of the game. Were he a Tekken character, I imagine the visual fidelity would have been a lot better.

I've also noticed that a lot of the grit in the texture is missing, but certain things like the sword handles are still pretty on-point in Soul Calibur. I think they may not be using as high-res textures as they could be. It could also be that we're not looking at very high-res screenshots. I won't know for sure until I can get in there with Ansel and have a closer look myself.

I seen lots of people online that said they dont like SC or even play fighting games but still buy this because of Geralt so I guess he was a good choice for them to put in game .
AAAAAAAAND that's the whole point of guest characters. It's not for us, the hardcore fans that will almost definitely buy the game. It is to get other people to buy the game.

The inclusion of Geralt makes 100% sense: it's a known enough character from a different videogame franchise that it close enough to the thematic of Soul Calibur that its fans will at least consider picking up the new game.

I just hope they tweak the model and color some or at least offer a more appealing alternate outfit, because I really don't care for the cheapo armor.

I hope we get another character announcement yet this month

Possibly

Characters confirmed by Namco/Characters leaked by Vergeben, but not confirmed yet(From his main source)

The 39 characters in SCVI leak is the best leak to go on now.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/ok...est-characters-ivy.11790/page-10#post-4989110

2018-03-08_1904.png

Characters confirmed by Namco: Groh(New Character), Geralt (Guest), Mitsurugi, Sophitia, Nightmare, Xianghua, Kilik, Ivy, & Zas.

2018-03-16_0622.png

Characters leaked by Vergeben: Groh's Papi(New Character), Maxi, Siegfried, Taki, Talim, Cassandra, Astaroth, & Tira

https://www.reddit.com/r/Kappa/comments/7niilu/leakileaks_part_ii_a_statement_of_previous_ones/

2018-02-09_0608.png

The further we go, the less I believe that game was 70% done at the moment of announcement (why did they lie though?).
I just hope that it isn't rushed.
Okay let me explain this one. Game development is made of different parts. The biggest, hardest and most complex parts are mostly done first and have mostly nothing to do with graphics polishing, character design and all the flashy things you all like to see, basically the biggest part of a game development consists in things you, as a user, will never see but are fundamental for the game to work the way you like it.

For what concerns the graphics: you have to remember that they are working with a new third party engine and this time they are releasing on PC as well and this makes it a lot harder to optimize graphics performance especially in a game that needs to keep locked 60fps

Now this is how SoulCalibur 4 looked for several months after announcement versus how it looked at launch
vlcsnap-2018-03-16-11h20m56s938.png
vlcsnap-2018-03-16-11h20m21s192.png

What I'm trying to tell you guys is to hold on your complaints until the game actually releases because everything is work in progress right now and the fact that the game was 70% done doesn't mean that all character models are ready and all stages look good.

The Witcher's chain mail doesn't seem to have bump maps to refract light to give it a 3d appearance
View attachment 48678
It looks just like painted textures at the moment. I'm not an expert on these things, but it was very apparent to me.

Hopefully things get polished as we go. Hungry fans demand trailers, and I am in no way complaining (just pointing out the progression required at this stage of development).
The textures in this game are no great in general.

Regarding my point earlier about Geralt looking washed out, someone has altered the saturation and I already call this an improvement. I would prefer some actual colours instead of earth shades but I would settle for this over the current muted direction.

soul-calibur-6-geralt-the-witche.jpg

soul-calibur-nat-games.png

Ye I also agree this 100%, game is way too "grey filtered". Definitely needs to be more vibrant/hue'd.. DOA5 had the exact same problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back