SOULCALIBUR 6: News, leaks and information discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the 3 thing is what most people are talking about, many people think that Kilik and Edge Lord guy are next in line to be revealed and no one would be surprised if X was also reveled with Kilik.

Also, those characters reveals will be my birthday gift yay !

Wouldn't it seem a bit unusual to just have new playable characters at an event without revealing them beforehand?

I feel like we would get a trailer first.

I can definitely see them being revealed via trailer right before EVO starts. Starting off the trailer with Kilik, then Xianghua, going for a kind of "friendly sparring match" tone and then screen goes to black with a line from Edgelord and we get a cool little exhibition of his moveset against both of them? And then a tease of his dad at the very end of the trailer?

lol anyway, as impatient as I am, having an actual date for the reveal is nice.

I think the 3 thing is what most people are talking about, many people think that Kilik and Edge Lord guy are next in line to be revealed and no one would be surprised if X was also reveled with Kilik.
My guess for the next reveal trailer has been Kilik and Xianghua with a tease of Edgelord Papi for quite a long while.

If we get a third playable character, then Edgelord seems the natural choice, but they might keep Edgelord and Edgelord Papi under wraps for mystery's sake for as long as they possibly can. In that case, the third new playable character could be Talim, to get the reaction of her inclusion amongst the SoulCalibur I cast, which would also show how they plan on including characters from later games and what we should expect.

I think that the dual-blade user will be revealed with Kilik and Xianghua. If the leaks are right, he is Kilik's rival.

If we get a third playable character, then Edgelord seems the natural choice, but they might keep Edgelord and Edgelord Papi under wraps for mystery's sake for as long as they possibly can.

Nah, Project Soul has never been one to shy away from showing off new characters in early playable demos.
SC3 demo - Tira
SC4 demo (2nd playable) - Hilde, Yoda, Vader
SC5 demo - Patrokolos, Pyrrha, Natsu, probably someone else I'm forgetting

So I'd be more suprised if they didn't have him, especially considering they already teased him.

I think I played the demo over a dozen hours this week. How do I feel about it?

I'm not great at Calibur by any stretch. At best, I'm a semi-casual who understands competitive FGC memes. Like most scrubs, games bore me when they're not feeding into my monstrous ego.

I could not put SC6 down. It's first and foremost a fun fighting game. The game treads an extraordinary line between breakneck speed and control. Backstep still has its risks despite its speed, but 8WR has been significantly sped up in both ease of entry and its distance covered. It's a great improvement to the game's core formula that helps separate it as a unique entry from both II and V. The game feels relentless during pressure and tense during neutral, even in skill mismatches because you're controlling what feels like a supercar with legs.

RE and GI are secondary to all of this. Yeah, they're strong and give teeth to otherwise toothless defenders, but they're universal mechanics that ultimately lose to clever mindgames and adjustments. I know I posted some troubling stuff that seems like the game is being dumbed down. It is, sure, but the best part of the game is probably the best it has ever been and it can be experienced by both unskilled and skilled players. RE puts the emphasis back on 3D movement, because you can't just bully a player with frontal attacks or chase down a backstep without having to respect the possibility of the glowing red terror cutscene.

I'm excited for this game in the future. I suck at it now and will probably suck in the future, but it's the most fun I've had in a fighting game and it isn't even done yet.

Last edited:
I think I played the demo over a dozen hours this week. How do I feel about it?

I'm not great at Calibur by any stretch. At best, I'm a semi-casual who understands competitive FGC memes. Like most scrubs, games bore me when they're not feeding into my monstrous ego.

I could not put SC6 down. It's first and foremost a fun fighting game. The game treads an extraordinary line between breakneck speed and control. Backstep still has its risks despite its speed, but 8WR has been significantly sped up in both ease of entry and its distance covered. It's a great improvement to the game's core formula that helps separate it as a unique entry from both II and V. The game feels relentless during pressure and tense during neutral, even in skill mismatches because you're controlling what feels like a supercar with legs.

RE and GI are secondary to all of this. Yeah, they're strong and give teeth to otherwise toothless defenders, but they're universal mechanics that ultimately lose to clever mindgames and adjustments. I know I posted some troubling stuff that seems like the game is being dumbed down. It is, sure, but the best part of the game is probably the best it has ever been and it can be experienced by both unskilled and skilled players. RE specifically really puts the emphasis back on 3D movement, because you can't just bully a player with frontal attacks or chase down a backstep without having to respect the possibility of the glowing red terror cutscene.

I'm excited for this game in the future. I suck at it now and will probably suck in the future, but it's the most fun I've had in a fighting game and it isn't even done yet.
Well, if you're having trouble putting the game down, then there's really only one rational thing to do. You should casually walk into CES show floor early tomorrow and go straight to the booth with SC6. Then you should gently grab one of the computers or PS4 debug units with SC6 on them AND LEG IT! RUN LIKE YOU'VE NEVER RUN BEFORE! PUSH ASIDE EVERY SECURITY GUARD AND OLD WOMAN YOU SEE! LAUGH MANIACALLY AS YOU RUN AWAY KNOWING YOU CAN FOREVER PLAY SC6 AT HOME!

That is what you should do, yes.

Not trying to give out false hope but it's not impossible for the next set of characters to be revealed via Famitsu next week.
That would be the most logical thing to do: a reveal one week before the event in order to build the hype and gather a lot of people at EVO.

Either this, or a video on their social media pages like they already did (where Okubo was interviewed, or simply like they did to present game features in SCV).

I can't wait to see the new characters as well as our veterans being confirmed :D

I hate to use this as incentive to give SCVI the benefit of the doubt but...if SCVI sells successfully and can ensure a regular release every three years....

then perhaps they can see fan feedback and go back to the more advanced moves and less dumbing down. If feedback is strong enough it's possible. Tekken 4 to Tekken 5 was a huge shift in gameplay due to the very negative feedback 4 got. Tekken 7 also got rid of disliked mechanics from Tag 2 and T6.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back