SOULCALIBUR 6: News, leaks and information discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So besides a player miss timing their GI how are you supposed to beat that particular mechanic..if u only have to use 1 input against Highs, Mids, Lows, and Grabs?
This is all we know of so far. CE might be a possibility as well. Maybe we'll be able to cancel more things like SC2...? I'm really curious about this as well.

This is all we know of so far. CE might be a possibility as well. Maybe we'll be able to cancel more things like SC2...? I'm really curious about this as well.
This is exactly the kind of thing the playable build would be useful for, I can't wait. I really hope we get more characters in it, maybe with their announcement trailers too.

I have mixed feelings about guard impact and just guard. On one hand, I hate just guard because it feels like it can be easily abused and it makes a ton of "safe moves" unsafe. On the other hand it adds a ton of depth and mind games.

For VI I think they're going to take it out though. I would be totally surprised if it made a return just because, from my understanding, most of the fanbase was not in love with it.

Hey while we're at it.. let's make Grabs breakable with A and B as well! Yaaaay now I don't have ta guess anymore..whoohoo
I hate that grabs in SC have no tell. In Tekken (prior to T7), you could look closely at your opponent's arms to see which side to break, but in SC, you have to know both of your opponent's grabs in order to guess which one you think they'd use in that situation.

Also taking damage on break is stupid. They should give you damage for a bad break (B break on A grab, for example) and just make you neutral or even plus on a good one (to reward a good guess).

Reactions: Ave
Just Guard required too little commitment for a match-ending mechanic. Nothing I've seen of SC6 points at JG ever coming back. It looks like they're touting risk/reward with defense.

Also who says GI works on throws? Was that confirmed somewhere? I ask because they didn't work on throws in SC5 so if they worked this time it would be strange.

I like the GI system from SC4 the most. It felt pretty good to parry someones unblockable with a just impact. Hopefully that mechanic returns.
Yeah like when u actually have to make an educated read as to what attack ur opponent is doing. More skill is involved. You should NEVER....EVER be able to GI throws. It's like rewarding a player for Guessing wrong. Lol whyyy?

Last edited:
Just Guard required too little commitment for a match-ending mechanic. Nothing I've seen of SC6 points at JG ever coming back. It looks like they're touting risk/reward with defense.

Also who says GI works on throws? Was that confirmed somewhere? I ask because they didn't work on throws in SC5 so if they worked this time it would be strange.
True..good point..if it really is like that..I hope they take that out real quik..being able to GI throws that is.

Yes, there was a playable build at the paris event and they confirmed it. Link
Remember guys, things can change. Nothing is set and stone.

I'm itching for something new too. With the game coming out this year, I figured we'd a get a lot of stuff since they don't have to span out their teases and news over several years, but it's been pretty dead since the initial reveal.

If it wasn't for the stuff Verge's been giving us, it'd be even worse :/

All this talk about RE and GI makes me feel super guilty and noobish that I never used those kind of mechanics. RE will apparently be easier to use but watching it in the videos I can't imagine how because of the timing and such but it looks super cool and cinematic so hopefully I can get into it.

My reflexes were never good enough for GI and such but I did manage to pull it off in SCIV quite a bit. My favourite was Parry though 'cause it looked cooler.

Hopefully it'll be one of the things I can improve on in SCVI.

My thoughts exactly. And I assume its what most people think as well: most people will not have access to the game until it actually gets released, as such, mechanics will only matter when they can actually learn and practice whatever SC6 has in store on that matter, there is nothing worth guessing or getting hyped for in that. Story and characters, however, gives plenty to talk about without touching gameplay, as such, it raises a lot more hype. Its stupid that a game that will come out this year is taking this long to reveal something else than two characters and hint at another.
Yeah..I think it would be cool to get some new info atleast before the SCV Japan Evo Tournament..and right after its over. Not gettin my hopes up for that 1..but we will see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back