SOULCALIBUR 6: News, leaks and information discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate that grabs in SC have no tell. In Tekken (prior to T7), you could look closely at your opponent's arms to see which side to break, but in SC, you have to know both of your opponent's grabs in order to guess which one you think they'd use in that situation.

Also taking damage on break is stupid. They should give you damage for a bad break (B break on A grab, for example) and just make you neutral or even plus on a good one (to reward a good guess).

Actually grab system got change in T7, both base grabs (1+3 and 2+4) can be broke with 1 or 2. (for example if i do to you 1+3, you can break it with 1, and also 2, before T7 you could only break it with 1 for example, 2 wouldn't work in that situation.). Unique ans special grabs break system still same as older Tekken games. (1+2 or 1 depends of the unique grab.)

I believe we'll get a new trailer this week that reveals Kilik, Edgelord, and maybe another fan favorite character. I'd say it should drop any day now since next Monday is the 15th and around that is when Hayate should be testing the new build of the game.
What makes you think that?

But wouldn't a bad break just mean you failed to break it and are now being thrown?

I would say grapple breaks should go like this:

Good break : Inputting the exact throw the opponent uses ie AG matches and BG matches, or special input matches. When this happens you always push your opponent back and they get a stun.

Bad break : Inputting the opposite throw to what the opponent uses ie AG matched with BG. When this happens you get pushed back and take damage like how it is in SCV. Throw doesn't break on side throw or special input throws.

No break : You input anything other than a throw button, or input nothing at all, and then you get thrown.

If it's a counter throw break, both characters get pushed back and if it's a Soul Charged throw break, the breaker falls to the ground instead of just being pushed back. Run counter throw breaks act like normal throw breaks.

Last edited:
What makes you think that?
Because the new build will most likely include new characters. That's usually how the cycle goes: Characters get revealed, a few days later gameplay of said new characters surfaces. Plus, it's been a month since the announcement. They tend to reveal/announce new stuff (mostly characters) on a monthly basis. That's also how it was with SCV.

• May: SCV is announced! Siegfried & Shitroklos revealed.
  • June: Pyrrha & Mitsu revealed at E3.
  • July: Natsu, Z.W.E.I., and Ivy revealed at Comic-con. (The official trailer dropped on the 25th. However, Daishi posted silhouettes of Natsu and Z.W.E.I on the 5th, and later revealed Natsu's artwork on the 15th via twitter.)
  • August: Hilde, Maxi, Tira, and Voldo revealed at Gamescom.
  • September: Viola & Astaroth revealed at TGS.
  • October: Ezio, Dampierre, Nightmare, Leixia, and Raphael were revealed.
  • November: Xiba, Aeon, Cervantes, and Yoshimitsu were revealed via famitsu. Namco also revealed SCV's character creation earlier that month.
  • December: Algol & Edgemaster revealed via Famitsu.
  • Jan: Although they were revealed on December, Algol & Edgemaster's trailer dropped on January. Oh, it also included Devil Jin.

Last edited:
I'm actually wondering if all SC1 characters default costumes are gonna be like their SC1 costumes, as already like Sophie and Mitsu's already, i guess we'll find out when they'll reveal Kilik (if he'll be the next SC1 character reveal of course)

Hmmm... but you can mash during block and basically remove grabs from the game at that point. Poor Astaroth.
Yeah throws would become redundant then. I guess when compared to Tekken I can justify throws being more powerful since lows aren't as much of thing in SC it seems, so it's a way to break turtles or enforce 50/50s.

I'm actually wondering if all SC1 characters default costumes are gonna be like their SC1 costumes, as already like Sophie and Mitsu's already, i guess we'll find out when they'll reveal Kilik (if he'll be the next SC1 character reveal of course)
That's my expectation, that everyone's default costume will be their first appearance, and depending on how many games they cover (up to SoulCalibur III, if the leak is to be believed), we'll get costumes for those games too. The real question, I think, is if we'll get any 2p costumes, if 2p/3p would be 1p from SoulCalibur II/III actually. I hope so, since 2p costumes are my favorites for some characters, but there would be an imbalance on number of costumes if we got 1p/2p for multiple games for several characters (like Mitsurugi and Sophitia) but not for others (like Tira and Zasalamel).

Because the new build will most likely include new characters. That's usually how the cycle goes: Characters get revealed, a few days later gameplay of said new characters surfaces. Plus, it's been a month since the announced. They tend to reveal/announce new stuff (mostly characters) on a monthly basis. That's also how it was with SCV.
May: SCV is announced! Siegfried & Shitroklos revealed.
June: Pyrrha & Mitsu revealed at E3.
July: Natsu, Z.W.E.I., and Ivy revealed at Comic-con. (The official trailer dropped on the 25th. However, Daishi posted silhouettes of Natsu and Z.W.E.I on the 5th, and later revealed Natsu's artwork on the 15th via twitter.)
August: Hilde, Maxi, Tira, and Voldo revealed at Gamescom.
September: Viola & Astaroth revealed at TGS.
October: Ezio, Dampierre, Nightmare, Leixia, and Raphael were revealed.
November: Xiba, Aeon, Cervantes, and Yoshimitsu were revealed via famitsu. Namco also revealed SCV's character creation earlier that month.
December: Algol & Edgemaster revealed via Famitsu.
Jan: Although they were revealed on December, Algol & Edgemaster's trailer dropped on January. Oh, it also included Devil Jin.

Wow really dude, i wasn't following that much SCV news, there were months where they revealed that much characters in the game wow OMG didn't realize that, that's cool i guess. (last reveals were wack ikr but whatever lol, there was as well Elysium and "fake" Kilik but i don't know if she was revealed or leak)

If SC6 will be similar i guess the more time go on, the more the storm of new reveal will drop. I'm sure they already have a lot of stuffs that they ca

Last edited:
Wow really dude, i wasn't following that much SCV, there were months where they revealed that much characters in the game wow OMG didn't realize that, that's cool i guess. (last reveals were wack ikr but whatever lol, there was as well Elysium and "fake" Kilik but i don't know if she was revealed or leak)

If SC6 will be similar i guess the more time go on, the more the storm of new reveal will drop. I'm sure they already have a lot of stuffs that they ca
If i remember correctly, Elysium, Alpha , Omega, and Kilik were leaked by a person who got an early copy of the game. It was in January. I don't think they had an official trailer.

If i remember correctly, Elysium, Alpha , Omega, and Kilik were leaked by a person who got an early copy of the game. It was in January. I don't think they had an official trailer.

Oh Yeah, i remember i have seen them on a screen that was not direct feed!

I thought A. Pat & Pyrrha Omega was revealed in a very early review before the advanced copy of SCV.

Because the new build will most likely include new characters. That's usually how the cycle goes: Characters get revealed, a few days later gameplay of said new characters surfaces. Plus, it's been a month since the announced. They tend to reveal/announce new stuff (mostly characters) on a monthly basis. That's also how it was with SCV.
May: SCV is announced! Siegfried & Shitroklos revealed.
June: Pyrrha & Mitsu revealed at E3.
July: Natsu, Z.W.E.I., and Ivy revealed at Comic-con. (The official trailer dropped on the 25th. However, Daishi posted silhouettes of Natsu and Z.W.E.I on the 5th, and later revealed Natsu's artwork on the 15th via twitter.)
August: Hilde, Maxi, Tira, and Voldo revealed at Gamescom.
September: Viola & Astaroth revealed at TGS.
October: Ezio, Dampierre, Nightmare, Leixia, and Raphael were revealed.
November: Xiba, Aeon, Cervantes, and Yoshimitsu were revealed via famitsu. Namco also revealed SCV's character creation earlier that month.
December: Algol & Edgemaster revealed via Famitsu.
Jan: Although they were revealed on December, Algol & Edgemaster's trailer dropped on January. Oh, it also included Devil Jin.

Here's when they announced characters for SC4 (bits of this data could be wrong), which was also on a monthly basis (though they took a break late 2007):
  • 06/2007 - Ivy, Mitsurugi, Nightmare (Announcement trailer)
  • 07/2007 - Siegfried, Taki, Tira, Hilde (E3 trailer)
  • 08/2007 - Cassandra, Sophitia, Voldo
  • 09/2007 - Hilde redesign, Raphael, Astaroth (TGS trailer)
  • 01/2008 - Vader, Yoda
  • 02/2008 - Kilik, Lizardman, Xianghua, Maxi, Seong Mi-na, Yun-seong (two press announcements during Feb)
  • 03/2008 - Amy, Zasalamel, Cervantes
  • 04/2008 - Bonus characters
  • 06/2008 - Apprentice (E3 trailer)
  • 07/2008 - Algol

Last edited:
I thought A. Pat & Pyrrha Omega was revealed in a very early review before the advanced copy of SCV.
Nope, they were indeed leaked a few weeks before the game's release, people were pissed to see that there were 2 Pats and 2 Pyrrhas, as well as the announcement of the 3 mimics.

So I was looking at this G.I battle and there seems to be two different G.I staggering going on. One stumbling back and the other falling on the ground. Not entirely sure what triggers which. Also a successful G.I animation seems to have slow mo.
1:00 timestamp

Last edited:
That's my expectation, that everyone's default costume will be their first appearance, and depending on how many games they cover (up to SoulCalibur III, if the leak is to be believed), we'll get costumes for those games too. The real question, I think, is if we'll get any 2p costumes, if 2p/3p would be 1p from SoulCalibur II/III actually. I hope so, since 2p costumes are my favorites for some characters, but there would be an imbalance on number of costumes if we got 1p/2p for multiple games for several characters (like Mitsurugi and Sophitia) but not for others (like Tira and Zasalamel).

I'd love if we at least got all their 1P costumes from each game (4 total, 5 if they include SCV...) but I feel like they wouldn't do that :( Hopefully CAS will let us do something similar.

So I was looking at the G.I battle, there's seems to be two different G.I staggering going on. One stumbling back and the other falling on the ground. Not entire sure what triggers which. Also the successful G.I animation seems to have a slow mo.
If I had to hazard a guess, the knockback to the ground may be a just impact (maybe they'll change it to red later), or there could be some middle ground between normal impact and just impact, or that could be replacing just impact if just impact isn't actually a thing. But the falling on the ground animation has more recovery frames than the normal impact most likely, otherwise it's pointlessly different in animation. You still can reply from that state with another guard impact, but that was also true of just impact, so that doesn't necessarily mean anything.

I'd love if we at least got all their 1P costumes from each game (4 total, 5 if they include SCV...) but I feel like they wouldn't do that :( Hopefully CAS will let us do something similar.
If the story doesn't cover SoulCalibur IV-V, then it would definitely be possible/plausible that they could/would add those costumes as customization equipment. Broken Destiny had the 1p IV outfits and the 2p IV outfits were already a thing in IV. V's incomplete DLC proved that it could be done for both 1p and 2p outfits with the parts we did get before they stopped releasing DLC. So the actual work that would need to be done would be remaking the SoulCalibur I-III 1p/2p outfits in the newest graphics, since the others are basically already done.

Here's when they announced characters for SC4 (bits of this data could be wrong), which was also on a monthly basis (though they took a break late 2007):
  • 06/2007 - Ivy, Mitsurugi, Nightmare (Announcement trailer)
  • 07/2007 - Siegfried, Taki, Tira, Hilde (E3 trailer)
  • 08/2007 - Cassandra, Sophitia, Voldo
  • 09/2007 - Hilde redesign, Raphael, Astaroth (TGS trailer)
  • 01/2008 - Vader, Yoda
  • 02/2008 - Kilik, Lizardman, Xianghua, Maxi, Seong Mi-na, Yun-seong (two press announcements during Feb)
  • 03/2008 - Amy, Zasalamel, Cervantes
  • 04/2008 - Bonus characters
  • 06/2008 - Apprentice (E3 trailer)
  • 07/2008 - Algol

Almost right. Yoda and Vader were announced early January. Mina, Maxi and Yunseong was revealed towards the end of January.

None of the bonus characters were announced together, all of them separately.

Scheherazade was announced in March.And Angol Fear was announced near the end of March. Then a few days later Amy, Cervantes and Zasalamel were revealed near the end of March again.

Talim, Rock and Yoshimitsu in April.

Ashlotte, Shura and Setsuka were all revealed in May. But all of them separately via Famitsu in the order I listed.

Kamikirimusi was announced in July.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back