SOULCALIBUR 6: News, leaks and information discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are we even indulging this clearly fake leak lol ain’t no way were gettin SEVEN new characters when people are still butthurt over their old characters missing.

Tekken 7 and MKX to only name those have a bunch of new characters, and are all successful games, so why SC6 wouldn't follow? New characters are one of the key of success, putting mostly veterans characters will only please hardcore fans that will buy the game anyway lol New characters will make the game looks fresh and exciting and bring a lot of new players (remember Tekken 3?)

Of course new characters have to be slick, i think this roster is good and even better what i would expected (expect the lack of Sieg, Hilde, Cassie and Setsu, those i hope will be DLC), but i wouldn't expect they would be able to put Z.W.E.I. and Viola in the game, if it's true, maybe a better introduction for the characters? And wasn't really sure about Mina and Yun if they make it in the game, especially Yun.

And again if this leak is real, i hope that all characters will play a role in the main Story something similar to Injustice 2 and MKX (and not like the wack T7 Storymode where only very few characters of the roster were in the Story mode)

Last edited:
I guess they did that for Nostalgia vibe from SC2 fans (most beloved SC). And also because it would be too easy for them to put him in the game since he's already done 100% gameplay and design wise, they'll only have to import him from T7.

Also btw if i remember well Heihachi's new design in T7 was made by an PS artist.
Yeah but no. Heihachi was the least loved guest in SCII. Also, how pathetic would it be to force Tekken characters a 3rd time (Heihachi in II, Devil Jin + Tekken outfits in V, then Heihachi again in VI) down our throats? We play the Soul series specifically because it's different from Tekken. I'd rather have no guest than gramps Heihachi who happens to fall into a time rift a second time...

Last edited:
Mmmm... Nice roster indeed, but I take it with a grain of salt.
22 returning characters ? I imagine practically all of these comin'back (doubtful about Seong Mi-na, Yun-Seong, Viola and ZWEI though). Yoshimitsu in Kabuki-inspired look ? Seems great :D

The newcomers seems cool. Jahangir first ! I already wanted to have a Scimitar-user in the game. Annette.. maybe French ? Any chances to believe she will be a Lucky Chloe-like character ?

And, among those likely absent characters.. No Siegfried, No Hilde, No Setsuka, No Cassandra, No Rock.. disturbing, especially for Siegfried, Hilde and Setsuka. Setsuka is like the Zafina of SC, Namco still let her down.

My roster for SC6:

Mitsu
Setsuka
Hwang
Tira
Voldo
Zasalamel
Mi-na
Raphael
Taki
Sieg
Night
Maxi
Kilik
Groh
New Female character
New Male character
Talim
Xian
Sophie
Cass
Asta
Rock
Yoshi
Hilde
Lizardman
Ivy
Cervantes
Guest character - Geralt

Last edited:
Wondering what @Vergeben and @Hayate think about this leak or if they have any information about that.
here's the pictures of the 4 chan leaked roster
DU1OvgAUMAAwlPQ.jpg

DU1Ov-iV4AAh31w.jpg
This is fake as fuck.

New Info on SCVI talking about Reversal Edge being the new version of JG, Groh being very important to SCVI's story & DLC planned for the game.

English translation at the very bottom of the page.
https://www.facebook.com/hkscba/posts/1070833513058392

Credit to Shen Chan for this news
It's interesting they say it's going back to the timeline of SC1 and SC2. In the original timeline, there was a couple of years between SC1 and SC2 (with SC2, SC3, and SC4 taking place the same year). I wonder if this is a hint that we can expect to see the newbies in SC2 returning (Raphael, Talim, Cassandra, and Yun-Seong... and also the fan-favourite character Necrid!?!?!).

Do you all think Amy or Viola is a better character? It's tough but I think Viola is better, but I am still fond of Amy a little.

The thing about that “leak” is that it’s a very good roster. Tho missing Hilde and Sieg is bad. It would be like Tekken 7 with a good amount of new characters with almost all the fan faves returning. Tho we only can say for sure about part of the roster rn with actual credible leaks I’m sure the actual roster will end up near that minus the new characters and guests(maybe)

Do you all think Amy or Viola is a better character? It's tough but I think Viola is better, but I am still fond of Amy a little.
As much as I like them both, I prefer Viola to be present in SCVI. She has an unique style, gameplay. Amy is like the "second" Raphael. And Viola, as a fortune teller with psychic abilities, can time-travel. ;)

I mean, they're the same character, so they're both best. I'm for the Amy having a Soul Charge that unlocks Viola moves idea if we can't have both.

But I don't think we'll get either at launch, so we could get them both as separate DLC characters to make everyone happy.

The thing about that “leak” is that it’s a very good roster. Tho missing Hilde and Sieg is bad. It would be like Tekken 7 with a good amount of new characters with almost all the fan faves returning. Tho we only can say for sure about part of the roster rn with actual credible leaks I’m sure the actual roster will end up near that minus the new characters and guests(maybe)
Missing Siegfried was the first flaw, then I saw Heihachi, then I saw those extra characters who aren't Papi... it went downhill fast.

All these new characters from the """leak list""" would explain why the development of this game takes so much time. Actually, I'm still surprised when I read that it has months and months of delays """just""" for a technical issue.
And also, only 2 new characters for a game that we are waiting for since 6 years? A little bit weak for me.

All these new characters from the """leak list""" would explain why the development of this game takes so much time. Actually, I'm still surprised when I read that it has months and months of delays """just""" for a technical issue.
And also, only 2 new characters for a game that we are waiting for since 6 years? A little bit weak for me.
In that it's a reboot, it's really surprising to me that we're getting new characters at all, personally. The only explanation I can really think that makes sense is that Grøh and Papi are the framing device for why the reboot happened. Otherwise, a reboot being a revitalization of all the characters that came before, bringing back fan favorites and updating their designs and moves, I reckon that would be enough.

Based on what Harada said it sounded like the game would not have resumed development at all if Okubo hadn't joined as producer, and that would very much imply major development issues. I wouldn't be surprised if the Passion Republic concept art was real but represented a very different version of the game before they decided to shift direction.

Based on what Harada said it sounded like the game would not have resumed development at all if Okubo hadn't joined as producer, and that would very much imply major development issues. I wouldn't be surprised if the Passion Republic concept art was real but represented a very different version of the game before they decided to shift direction.
Okubo is a savior: he saved the game AND prevented the timeline from continuing from SCV on. That is enough to earn him a raise.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back