SOULCALIBUR 6: News, leaks and information discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m convinced Siegfried is in only because of Nightmare’s position on the select screen. I mean his rival could also be Raph or Zas.
My guess is Raph's rival will be Tira, as a throwback to the opening of SoulCalibur III, and Zasalamel's rival will be Grøh's Papi, who probably will be the one pulling the strings from the Aval Organization, and may be the true villain / final boss.

Heh, important to the story. Remember where there was supposed to be someone important to the story and all that person did was talk about wine?
Being fair, SoulCalibur V was incomplete, and it's very likely that Raphael, getting his body back, and Z.W.E.I., recovering from his fall, perhaps both of them captured and dragged to the same prison, escaping, working together, and finding Viola, which would lead to a clash between them and their identities, Raphael being used as Graf Dumas and Viola being Amy putting them all at each others' throats. Who knows what would have happened after that. Pray that SoulCalibur VI doesn't leave loose ends like that.

Also that 4chan leak reeks of fake news.

Also Wonkey tweeted this.

Seems really whacky to me, 7 new characters on release? I don't know.

Thought I'd just post this anyway cuz who knows.
Sounds like a bunch of CaS characters.

By the way, II and III are side to side timeline wise, so the wording in that interview is interesting, retelling I and II, II covers most of the recent timeline outside of V, so it is easy to retell to the characters of III to appear in II.

"A3: this is actually a “critical” point in SC6, we can’t go into details yet, but he is a really important character (to the plot), and (there will be a part of the) lore with him at the center that will be unfolded, which is still a secret, sorry guys!
1f60f.png
"

Aw, I remember when Viola was extremely important to the story, how cute.

edit: spellcraft beat me to it lol

that list looked accurate until I saw viola and zwei
I believe that they'll make it back in, as DLC. Their styles are too unique to just throw away like that.

But it was page two that really threw the legitimacy of the list right out the window. Well, Heihachi too, but...

I believe that they'll make it back in, as DLC. Their styles are too unique to just throw away like that.

But it was page two that really threw the legitimacy of the list right out the window. Well, Heihachi too, but...

Viola and ZWEI make sense in a different context. It doesn't make sense to exclude Hilde, Dampierre or Algol but then skip to ZWEI viola.

------

Can someone also explain to me why the hell Setsuka is never on these lists? What is it about her that the developers don't like?

I agree that Hilde, Dampieree, and Algol shouldn't be excluded either, but I also believe that those three can show up as post-launch DLC. Basically any characters that are after SoulCalibur III aren't included on these lists by default because of the leak that the game will only cover SoulBlade up to SoulCalibur III, so any characters from SoulCalibur IV or SoulCalibur V would need to have retcons to fit into the story, and there is also a common belief that the launch roster will be key players in the story mode, and post-launch DLC will add characters and styles who don't fit.

Story-wise, Setsuka serves no real purpose except a reprisal of the role that Taki already filled (rival to Mitsurugi), and Taki is the far more popular character. Either Setsuka gets a more valid story justification than revenge plot against Mitsurugi, or she's also relegated to just a DLC / extra character. Alpha Patroklos got her style to bring her style into some story relevance, which is what Setsuka desperately needs. But with as grand as they're going with the story, or at least, what we believe that they'll be doing, Setsuka may not have a place, just like the Koreans may not either, so that's why I think Hwang, Seong Mi-na, and Yun-seong will end up as post-launch DLC as well.

Meanwhile, Zasalamel has a ton of story relevance, being an immortal who has seen the past and will see the future, has vaguely defined mystical powers, and may be a bigger player in the larger picture than we know. And Tira, of course, serves as Nightmare's loyal servant, and is an agent for Soul Edge's reconstruction, as well as having a side job of seeking out suitable hosts.

New Info on SCVI talking about Reversal Edge being the new version of JG, Groh being very important to SCVI's story & DLC planned for the game.

English translation at the very bottom of the page.
https://www.facebook.com/hkscba/posts/1070833513058392

Credit to Shen Chan for this news

Nice to see the game is apparently going to cover SC & 2 that ups the chance of Talim being in as well as Amy/Viola which ever of the two they decided to go with (hoping its Amy I liked her Rapier style better than Raphaels). I also though that Groh being important to the story was pretty obvious

Also Wonkey tweeted this.

Seems really whacky to me, 7 new characters on release? I don't know.

Thought I'd just post this anyway cuz who knows.

Even if it will end up being fake it would be a really well done one, this is really an exciting roster OMG, even tho i don't like that there is that no Setsu, Sieg and Hilde (even tho i don't play Hilde at all, but imo they shouldn't throw her like this) , if that's the case i hope they put those on DLCs, they can't do that to Setsuka fans that waited so long, but overall super exciting roster, and even at this state it's a better roster than SC5 easily and even SC4's.

Annette seems cool, if she isn't anime designed i may consider play her XD

But mainly i just can't wait for the one and only WIFE Ivy to be reveal :)))

New Info on SCVI talking about Reversal Edge being the new version of JG, Groh being very important to SCVI's story & DLC planned for the game.

English translation at the very bottom of the page.
https://www.facebook.com/hkscba/posts/1070833513058392

Credit to Shen Chan for this news

Wait i'm confused, since when JG are in the game? i haven't seen them once. And not big fan of that mechanic tbh.

Last edited:
Honestly, seeing Vergeben has been spot on with one of his sources on SCVI and after some datamining seems to be spot on about DBFZ DLC (mainly base Vegeta and Goku), you'll excuse me if I wait to see what he has to say in the future :P

I'd like that list to be true, but I doubt they're using platform specific characters.

If Heihachi really is in the game, we should riot -_- I'm fed up with Tekken characters being in the spotlight.

I guess they did that for Nostalgia vibe from SC2 fans (most beloved SC). And also because it would be too easy for them to put him in the game since he's already done 100% gameplay and design wise, they'll only have to import him from T7.

Also btw if i remember well Heihachi's new design in T7 was made by an PS artist.

For me the most interesting part on this are the new characters, they seems quite interesting so far. And wonder who's the Papi on this, maybe Nikolas?

Regarding the “leak” some of the new names intrigued me. It seems very specific. Ok so assuming it’s possibly true:
“Nikolas” could be Gro’s dad (the spelling of the name is used in Norwegian) - maybe he’s got more of a Viking berserker vibe.
“Jahangir” was the imperial name of the 4th Mughal Emporer (so he’d be Indian not middle eastern) He ruled slightly after SC VI is set, just.
“Annette” sounds French but the name is pretty generic in Europe so she could be from anywhere really.

“Nikolas” could be Gro’s dad (the spelling of the name is used in Norwegian) - maybe he’s got more of a Viking berserker vibe.

Yeah what i though, good point about the Viking berserker vibe(i think that someone already suggested this even before the leak), and the 2 others are a Japanese and Middle eastern, very unlikely to be Grøh's dads who's very Europeanish.

Viola and ZWEI make sense in a different context. It doesn't make sense to exclude Hilde, Dampierre or Algol but then skip to ZWEI viola.

------

Can someone also explain to me why the hell Setsuka is never on these lists? What is it about her that the developers don't like?
Dampierre..lol who actually wants that character?? A circus animal trainer for a fighting game character please Bamco keep those type of characters out of the game. smh..waist of a slot imo..Setsuka can definitely stay. Not too fond of Zwei or viola but I can see why some people would want them back, but Dampierre..COME ON SON!

I don't personally put a lot of stock in that list, but it'd be interesting, if true. Guess we'll know for sure if Voldo or Yoshimitsu show up with those specific aesthetics. This "Annette" character sounds interesting, but she'd need a pretty unique move set to differentiate herself from Ivy. And whips aren't exactly known for close quarters combat.
Well, we'll see. Though I doubt all this very much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back