SOULCALIBUR 6: News, leaks and information discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are just waiting a game since 6 years, I guess?? It's okay to feel disappointed when nothing new comes out.

Anyways, let's wait for EVO for now. I just hope it will be longer than a 1 minute video, like the first one.

I just feel like sitting around a forum getting pissed off over a video game that doesn't exist yet is a piss-poor use of time. But people can do as they choose.

I don't know if it will reach the ears of new / casual players
It won't.
I know a few casual players and neither of them ever heard of EVO (or any other tournament for that matter, as they are fundamentally uninterested in that kind of stuff).
So 90% of playerbase and potential buyers would found those news from EVO out only when they will be posted on some gaming-news site.

It won't.
If I don't speak tentatively here I get shouted at for generalising so it's better I just play it safe lol.
So 90% of playerbase and potential buyers would found those news from EVO out only when they will be posted on some gaming-news site.
This is why I don't understand not announcing it pre-tournament. More hype and more audience reach is surely a good thing and could even get some people interested in the tournament.

Doesn't matter if it gets announced before or at EVO. If they look at it from casuals view it's actually better for them to announce the news at EVO because casuals will learn about it from some gaming sites anyway. Two weeks don't matter... The hype is forming right now and we now SOMETHING is going to be revieled at EVO, which means more people are coming. Win win situation for Namco and EVO organizers. For us it just means we have to wait for few more days. It's not like the game is coming out next week... No need to rush...

I don't think casuals even know of EVO, a big amount of them don't even know tournaments exist.

Also I think they blew their load too soon with a lot of announcements in December and now we're in withdrawal.

There's almost an entire 2 weeks until EVO Japan starts, revealing anything at any offline event isn't gonna like... kill the game.

Come on you can tell the truth here, it's a safe place. SC6 is all you think about too.

Indeed I am in a soul calibur "mood" right now. But it began when I was on holiday from school and now I'm getting back into the thick of studying.

Meaning I won't be able to do more than one video per week for Soul Calibur clone series and honestly I think it's better for me to just come back here when there's something to actually talk about. We are literally clawing at dirt with broken nails in our desperation.

Famitsu's a weekly magazine isn't it? And Evo Japan doesn't start until the 26th, over a week from now. If Famitsu does reveal something before Evo I'd imagine it'd be in the issue immediately before it so that the announcement is very fresh in people's minds when the event starts and they can try out the new reveals.

If I don't speak tentatively here I get shouted at for generalising so it's better I just play it safe lol.

This is why I don't understand not announcing it pre-tournament. More hype and more audience reach is surely a good thing and could even get some people interested in the tournament.
They want to record the spontaneous audience reaction for marketing most likely.

The SC twitter just tweeted, I thought it might be something new but nah, it's just them posting again about the PSX interview lul

"We know you want more, so we reheated the leftovers from over a month ago. I hope it still tastes good."

@Vergeben Please say something, no matter what just say something!!
Hi.

By the way @Vergeben , it's been a long time Kappa
It has.

My Verge-Burger give us some news to eat! XD
I've been.... away.

I can't share anything new or particular that I know just yet. It isn't much either, so don't get too crazy over it or wondering what it is. We get to play the waiting game together. lol

Last edited:
"We know you want more, so we reheated the leftovers from over a month ago. I hope it still tastes good."

Hi.

It has.

I've been.... away.

I can't share anything new or particular that I know just yet. It isn't much either, so don't get too crazy over it or wondering what it is. We get to play the waiting game together. lol
I thought you loved me :'(

LOL!

It really does feel like that though :S It's one thing to not give us anything new, but to keep reposting the same stuff and making it sound like we're actually gonna be hyped by it is just kinda weird. I dunno what they're thinking or why they're being so stingy with information. Hopefully they'll make up for it at Evo.

Personally I feel my overall hype dying a little. I'm still hungry for new stuff and can't wait for the game itself but I'm slipping into a numb state of "oh yeah, it IS being developed isn't it?" like I have to remind myself, lol. I check here a few times a day for new stuff but other than that there's nothing to really do.

I got tempted to go back to playing SCV but my PS3 wouldn't connect to the TV so had to order a new cable. I think it's a sign that I should stay away from that game. I'm sure in time I'll regret ignoring said sign, lol.

LOL!

It really does feel like that though :S It's one thing to not give us anything new, but to keep reposting the same stuff and making it sound like we're actually gonna be hyped by it is just kinda weird. I dunno what they're thinking or why they're being so stingy with information. Hopefully they'll make up for it at Evo.

Personally I feel my overall hype dying a little. I'm still hungry for new stuff and can't wait for the game itself but I'm slipping into a numb state of "oh yeah, it IS being developed isn't it?" like I have to remind myself, lol. I check here a few times a day for new stuff but other than that there's nothing to really do.

I got tempted to go back to playing SCV but my PS3 wouldn't connect to the TV so had to order a new cable. I think it's a sign that I should stay away from that game. I'm sure in time I'll regret ignoring said sign, lol.
I think were all feeling the same way ive even reached out to them on twitter like I get it your trying to keep us excited about the game but with the same 2 characters and 2 stages the redundancy of no new news is like enough already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back