SOULCALIBUR 6: News, leaks and information discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

-Normal moves
-Standing guard counter moves
-Combo
-Move that can be followed up by Reversal Edge
-Special move for Soul Charge
-Lethal hit activation move

Mitsu 3YY and Sophie's YYYY are the moves that can beat Reversal Edge

Hold on, that can be the command list, i mean the full command list, its so tiny...perhaps those are the extra moves available with soul charge?
Oh i just read the comment above me, i was worried

-Normal moves
-Standing guard counter moves
-Combo
-Move that can be followed up by Reversal Edge
-Special move for Soul Charge
-Lethal hit activation move

Mitsu 3YY and Sophie's YYYY are the moves that can beat Reversal Edge

Very helpful.

I'm suspecting 3BB and Sophitia's BBBB during SC will have some visual indicator to show they can smash through RE otherwise memorizing at least 1 string for each character seems very arbitrary.

Anybody else think groh might be related to ivy(an in essence cervy)? I mean he has the same simi pirate vibe as ivy(pseudo eye patch, fancy cloathes, his arm gauntlet though his look more like possible malfestion, he is "bad" but doesnt seem evil)?.

I think that it's so so much a relation to Ivy as it is a kind of mirror-opposition to Nightmare, seeing as they both have heavily armoured left arms with run contrary to Nightmare's malfested right. I can't recall every character outfit off the top of my head but it seems the ones I can think of , in this case only these two, are both characters who seems to dabble in Soul Edge's power without directly and fully utilising it. This is certainly true in Ivy's case who manages to create a new Living Weapon - She's studying SE but is against it. Groh seems similar - I wouldn't call him evil and his design has a whole "duality" feel to it. So the armoured left arm thing I'd posit is just a visual representation to reflect such things: Characters who might use a bit of Soul Edge power but aren't corrupt in the same way that they want to fully embrace it. Naturally though that's pure conjecture.

I was really hoping someone would break Nightmare's helmet - Glad it didn't take long. I wouldn't necessarily say this rules Seigfried out as a character, since it could easily be a case that he's unlocked during the events of story mode (I believe it's SC3 when Nightmare/Siegfried split?) assuming it goes that far. Or it could also be them saying "It's a fighting game story is secondary and people want their mains" or Siegfried could simply not be in it :P

And now a tweet RE: Kilik and "Omega" Kilik:

whats with the GI advantage ? The opponent can RE your counter attack and even side step your CE post-GI

Nah, siegfried is gone...he has the stances.

Its not that bad when you think about it. Its like a hybrid of Sieg/Knighty from SC4.

Also GI window way too big

Last edited by a moderator:
0A7D1174-CDB3-41D1-9C0C-1F7EB7CF97CC.jpeg
I'm currently away from home and haven't got time, but this was on a SC group on FB. It's probably also in the videos but I haven't had time to watch those yet.

So Kilik's SC works slightly different then? That's what that evil thing was at the end of the trailer?

Guess that makes sense why we didn't see Kilik SC activation animation and that's what is was at the end of the trailer.

Drain HP and hit out of it while active? Dam he better be OP when he's in it.
I guess UB CE is a good start lol

looks like NM is a fusion of NM and Sieg, Grim Stride is in, Night Side Stance is also in, Sieg's stance (Chief Hold) is also in (1:22, 1:42 in first vid). I like that this NM is closer to the SC3 - SC5 NM than to SC1 - SC2 Sieg NM, but i still hope redeemed Sieg makes it into the game, he has had a ton of stances since breaking from NM so it would be a pity to not see those in.

I don't think it means no Sieg in the game. And this armor break look seriously Slick!!

BTW i really hope we will got alt costumes, especially since i'm personally not a huge fan of CaS, i by far prefer characters having unique costumes to them.

Interesting. I wonder if Nightmare will get Sieg's 3B (or SC5 wrB) animation ? I saw Nightmare's wrB~NSS in some of the game play footage already. I haven't seen his FC3B AT, but that move was also really cool and I'd hate to see it go.

He also has that really weird slide-crouch punch that looks out of place imo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back