SOULCALIBUR 6: News, leaks and information discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think that's what's being said. If you follow the link, the Tweet seems to be praising the female armor breaks. I take it to mean, "well, if you like those, wait and see what we have in store for you next!", perhaps referring to Ivy and Taki.
tumblr_nk7f1skeZV1u3qei8o1_500.gif

Special versus and team versus :P
I'm praying to God that there is a tag mode.

Oh honey, trust me no one enjoyed Legendary Souls. It's literally just the computer reading your inputs on crack lol

and we pros are aren't really playing these single player modes, we're in training vs or online lol that's it. And to be fair a mode like Broken Destiny's could help players get better at recognizing and understanding how to play Soul Calibur. Or any tutorial mode really.
B-B-But...L-L-Legendary Souls mode helped us 8WayRunners bond by trading war stories l0l

tumblr_nk7f1skeZV1u3qei8o1_500.gif

I'm praying to God that there is a tag mode.

B-B-But...L-L-Legendary Souls mode helped us 8WayRunners bond by trading war stories l0l
Tag mode would be so dope. Also I remember me and a friend would had this thing where we tried to beat each others' best time in Legendary Souls, good times.

I'm kinda surprised we still haven't seen what Kilik and Xianghua's intro dialogue with each other is. At least, I haven't. Is there a video of that somewhere?

It’s a reference to her SC1 Destined Battle. Hope that’s a sign that we’re getting more shoutouts to the early games.
holy shit I just watched her destined battle, that's wild lmaooo it's too bad RE will probably be obsolete for the most part competitively, it'd be cool to hear all these different interactions. Although, I think I would prefer it if these special dialogues were their intros. But there's still time for that, considering Kilik and Groh have special dialogue.

While is appears that SC2 stances and moves are returning, I wouldnt mind if Zasalamel inherited the Abyss moves from SC3.

c.A
aK
3BBB
66BK (weird they took this away from Zas)
CH WS B (to give him a side switch while rising throw equivalent to his current WS B)
3KB
4K~BT (would give a legit BT mixup considering Zas has move out of BT but could only set them up through 4B+K CH)
4A+B
6A+B
2B+K (gdlk low)

It's kinda annoying that the armor break looks so cool for Nightmare and then there's everybody else

Yeah Nightmare when his H and M armor broken looks cool enough to pass for a 2p design.

Xianghua without her sleeves and leggings (just bare arms and legs) doesn't look good enough for a 2p design.

Agreed. I'm hoping we can disable armor breaks.
I think I mentioned this in the old thread before the announcement, but if we have slots for armor appearance, I'd honestly prefer a simple checkbox/toggle system that has an option for each slot to be in its pre or post broken state, with the option to switch to the opposite with the right conditions, or not at all.

That way, let's say someone wants to play Nightmare with his helmet and armor off for the entire fight, they can. Or if they want him to gain armor on break, they can. I don't see why hex editors should ever have more creative cosmetic options than the game itself, aside from understandable matters like legal issues regarding guest movesets.

everyone else ends up with their underwears.

Pretty much. I like tho how Kilik and Sophie's hairs turn untied.

But when it comes to clothes armor break it's a bit too generic i think. Sophie without her boots is a bit meh tbh. I personally don't want to see Ivy fighting barefoot in this game, it would look wack imo.

I don't know if anyone else has noticed this, or what it could mean, but in the official artwork for Sophitia, Mitsurugi and Nightmare, their background is a golden colour.

Whereas, Kilik, Xianghua and Grøh have a silver/grey background colour.

Pretty odd... Wonder if it has any significance?

Okay I have put together all the special dialogues I could find for the beginning and end of some battles:

Sophitia: I want to save you...
Nightmare: There is... no turning back!

if Nightmare wins: My sins... can only be cleansed with blood!

Nightmare: Your madness ...! how it shines like a beacon!
Kilik: Xianglian... give me strenght!

if Kilik wins: Listen! ... to the raging of my soul!

Groh: Try to resist... your inevitable fate.
Kilik: Yes. It's my reason for living!

if Groh wins: Rot away. Your fate is decided.
if Malfested Kilik wins: Rrrah! Your bones are too brittle!

Kilik: Okay! Time for some sparring!
Xianghua: Is that any way to treat a lady?

if Kilik wins: A worthy opponent! How about another round?

Groh: Outsider encountered. Neautralizing threat.
Nightmare: The Nightmare will devour your soul! (Generic quote)

if Groh wins: Let order seep into your soul.

Mitsurugi: Soul Edge belongs in my hands!
Nightmare: The Nightmare will devour your soul! (Generic quote)

Some winning quotes are missing because I could not find gameplay of those characters winning that battle

I don't know if anyone else has noticed this, or what it could mean, but in the official artwork for Sophitia, Mitsurugi and Nightmare, their background is a golden colour.

Whereas, Kilik, Xianghua and Grøh have a silver/grey background colour.

Pretty odd... Wonder if it has any significance?
Same for the effect at the tip of their weapons: it's golden for everyone except Nightmare. Maybe something about alignment?

It's kinda annoying that the armor break looks so cool for Nightmare and then there's everybody else
I mean I don't like his lower armor break, being in nearly full armor but with pants and boots on the bottom looks silly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back