SOULCALIBUR 6: News, leaks and information discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just noticed that Grø's artwork features what looks very much like Yggdrasil (the Norse mythical holy tree) on the shield behind him. Nice little touch!

upload_2018-1-29_15-33-28.png

Maxi has been heavily hinted at, with his backstory bringing up his sexuality. If the leak is correct, Maxi is homosexual.
I saw this coming, but this would seem pretty irrelevant to his rivalry with Astaroth. Fortunately, everyone is getting backstories and rewrites, so things might change.

I know you might be excited about this one either way.

@bails38 That probably explains the tree in the character select screen. If anything, Groh might have a vague Odin-motif with that one eye and arguably his weapon.

I'm starting to think Papi/Father as we know might be the big bad this time around if it ain't Inferno.

Another weird thought I had is that with the one Fire Emblem rumor maybe there would be a new female vaguely inspired by Azura from Fates who has Lady of the Lake motifs which seem to go with the Arthurian themes discussed earlier in the topic.

I doubt we'd get a wide variety of CAS styles if anything. Who knows, it might be Kazuya (with his Devil form moves through SC) this time.

@bails38 That probably explains the tree in the character select screen. If anything, Groh might have a vague Odin-motif with that one eye and arguably his weapon.

I'm starting to think Papi/Father as we know might be the big bad this time around if it ain't Inferno.

Another weird thought I had is that with the one Fire Emblem rumor maybe there would be a new female vaguely inspired by Azura from Fates who has Lady of the Lake motifs which seem to go with the Arthurian themes discussed earlier in the topic.

I doubt we'd get a wide variety of CAS styles if anything. Who knows, it might be Kazuya (with his Devil form moves through SC) this time.

You could well be right mate - nice spot! And yeah I can imagine Grø-senior as some sort of evil ruler, who his son has to oppose somehow (which is inherently edgelordy!)

So yeah, we'll be waiting a long time for Father if he's in some way the final boss or we'll be seeing him and wonder what his weapon will be. It seemed like the latest reveal would be central characters to the storyline.

Gameplay and balance always matters most but the armor breaking has been pretty bad for a while. We should all tweet the soul caliber twitter page and express this. Maybe they'll consider changing it. Characters being stripped down to their underwear makes the game look silly.

I think CAS was in a decent place in SCV, although there were some weird things like the whole 'lowest layer can't be orange' thing (like why did that have a totally separate colour palette?) and "this item cannot be worn with this item". I hope they find ways to make that stuff work better this time.
I'm pretty sure that was just to prevent people from making flesh-colored underwear (i.e. nude characters without genitals). Thank God we had Namco to protect us from viewing such filth.

Since I'm posting anyway, I'd also like to share my dislike of armor breakage. It looks cool on Nightmare, but that's it.

I'm pretty sure that was just to prevent people from making flesh-colored underwear (i.e. nude characters without genitals). Thank God we had Namco to protect us from viewing such filth.
Their advertising for SCV, to quote AngryJoe, was literally ASS, TITTIES, ASS ASS 'N' TITTIES, so I find this hilarious. BN never cease to amaze, lol.

I was just trying to make My Little Pony characters and I was using the full body unitard thing to colour the whole body (since skintones are weird in that game) and when I came to doing Applejack (who is orange) I ran into a wall.

I can't wait to actually be able to take screenshots of my CAS's now. I wish I could show you guys my crazy-ass Shamaness that I made in SCV. She's popular among my friends 'cause of her crazy voice XD.

I can't remember at what point in SCV's development we got to see CAS stuff, if we ever did. I imagine it's something they won't show until later? I'd like to see that and/or new game modes now that we've had a good look at general gameplay and characters.

In general I wonder when the next reveal will be. I keep waiting for the build where the character select screen has changed and we all lose our shit (either because it's barely increased in size, or because it's huge and we can't believe it... naturally I hope for the latter).

IV and V showed off CAS towards the later end of the reveals. It's the one thing I'm eager about besides single player content. Just wish I could block this site or something until a certain day. It's not healthy.

Casual reminder that this exists: https://8wayrun.com/threads/sc-controversial-topics-and-general-shitposting-thread.19791/

Anyways, @bails38 that's a darn good find on the Yggdrasil motif - I really hope we get to find out more about Grøh's character and that it ties up a lot of the themes here and isn't just "Norse stuff is cool look how edgy our boy is."

Speaking of which, the recent information about Grøh and this Aval Organisation is leading me to wonder if they're assassins in a negative capacity or indeed in a positive "killing off malfested, or Outsider" way instead. Kind of an Anti-Tira really? Naturally though he's supposed to be ambiguous but it's nice to speculate.

I don't know if anyone else has noticed this, or what it could mean, but in the official artwork for Sophitia, Mitsurugi and Nightmare, their background is a golden colour.

Whereas, Kilik, Xianghua and Grøh have a silver/grey background colour.

Pretty odd... Wonder if it has any significance?

No they're all gold

The grey backgrounds are the images with the transparent backgrounds (they don't have the sketch lines glow from the weapon) while the golden ones are jpg format with solid white backgrounds (they have the sketch lines glow from the weapon)

The only thing unique so far is the "weapon glow" for nightmare is a red "swirl" while for the other 5 revealed characters they are straight yellow lines radiating from the weapon.

Late to the party, I missed on all the new details in the event. Got two questions:

- Did BAMCO comment on the graphics in any way at the event? despite being a new build, it looks the same as the one from the reveal.

- Speaking of the reveal, in the last clip of the first trailer we see Mitsu and Sophitia clashing with Critical Edges in a RE clash, is this possible in-game? or just trailer flair?

Speaking of the reveal, in the last clip of the first trailer we see Mitsu and Sophitia clashing with Critical Edges in a RE clash, is this possible in-game? or just trailer flair?
Just editing for the trailer. The trailer starts with the end of Mitsu's CE just cause it's a cool pose.

Late to the party, I missed on all the new details in the event. Got two questions:

- Did BAMCO comment on the graphics in any way at the event? despite being a new build, it looks the same as the one from the reveal.
Honestly, to me the graphics looked slightly better than what they were when the game was first revealed.

I'm not sure if the actually commented on the graphics though, but personally they look better!

Watching Maximillion's 4K footage, the current textures look rather low res for 4K at least. I was somewhat gratified to notice that the blurry backgrounds seem to be the result of motion blur rather than just an aggressive DOF. When the fighting stops and the camera does as well the backgrounds seemed to sharpen up considerably.

Watching Maximillion's 4K footage, the current textures look rather low res for 4K at least. I was somewhat gratified to notice that the blurry backgrounds seem to be the result of motion blur rather than just an aggressive DOF. When the fighting stops and the camera does as well the backgrounds seemed to sharpen up considerably.
The demo isn't in 4k so 4k resolution video isn't is going to magically add detail to already-created assets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back