SOULCALIBUR 6: News, leaks and information discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
SCV was geared toward attracting newcomers, SC6 is geared toward old school SC players who miss sc1-sc2. Aris's assessment of sc6 (so far) basically says that this game feels more like older SC's in terms of movement and tracking verticals. Soul charge returns, and meterless GI returns. This is clearly marketed for the veterans.

That's not to say that newcomers won't play it, but I don't think that's the focus this time

I just see them targeting a wide player base versus gearing towards a specific group of people. The game offers something for everyone. The movement and returning characters are going to attract veterans while Reversal Edge, meter, flashiness and other changes are there for newcomers.

There is nothing in SC5 that indicates it was meant for newcomers, it was simply an attempt to bring new faces into the roster because SC4 didn't have enough attention. This has absolutely nothing to do with new players, specially considering that the gameplay had became relatively more complicated now that all characters had extended combos, which means that veterans, who knew the basics from the start, would always have an advantage. Also, soul charge does not work in the same way as before and meterless GI only is a thing again because people hated to spend meter on GI.

SC4 sold more than SCV, so how didn't it get enough attention? The changes in SCV was geared towards newer players and the SF crowd because that was the developer's intention, and it worked because those new players are either still playing SCV now or are on this site derailing threads.

I always thought SCV was targeted mainly at competitive players more than anything else, due to them focusing on keeping the gameplay balanced and tournament-worthy over single player content.

This game so far seems pretty mixed between all targets, there's plenty of flashy stuff but they're also returning the feel of the gameplay and movement to be a lot more like SC1 and 2, and I think they've mentioned the game has a strong focus on single player although we've yet to see any details on that.

Looking at her schedule, she's been busy for the whole weekend, and she'll be leaving France on Wednesday for a competition (I guess?) abroad. So maybe we'll get it by then, or afterwards if she has time.

Thanks.
It just takes way too much time to get this interview despite the hype we got for it.

You know it is possible that the interview contained info that isn't supposed to be public yet. She might be procrastinating it because she doesn't have a choice.
It may be...but why they would give her info, if she cant share it? After all, it was an interview, so i dont believe its because of that.

You know it is possible that the interview contained info that isn't supposed to be public yet. She might be procrastinating it because she doesn't have a choice.
That makes sense, though she said she would give the summary last week. If she is under NDA, she could simply say it I guess ^^

At any rate, the interview and more info will come soon ^^

In fact, at the rate they are giving info/trailers, we definitelly should get something next week...i hope im right.

I forgot. Is Kayane's interview going to be a video or just a typed down post?
In fact, at the rate they are giving info/trailers, we definitelly should get something next week...i hope im right.
Hopefully. Really, I wished they teased us with new info to keep the hype up. Like some clever subtle hints for confirmed characters. But I guess that was never really their forte.

Hello guys ! I'm sorry for the late transcription of my Soul Calibur VI producer interview but here it is !!!

http://kayane.fr/2018/02/19/interview-with-motohiro-okubo-producer-on-soul-calibur-vi-and-tekken-7/

It's been hard and long because i made it in french and english :) also it was a one hour discussion, sooo yeah it took time :D
I also had lot of trouble after i came back from EVO Japan, so i had to deal with important things first. I'm very sorry.

Enjoy it, maybe you may not learn what you expected, but i did my best, it's always hard to get responses from producers, especially japanese ;)

Hello guys ! I'm sorry for the late transcription of my Soul Calibur VI producer interview but here it is !!!

http://kayane.fr/2018/02/19/interview-with-motohiro-okubo-producer-on-soul-calibur-vi-and-tekken-7/

It's been hard and long because i made it in french and english :) also it was a one hour discussion, sooo yeah it took time :D
I also had lot of trouble after i came back from EVO Japan, so i had to deal with important things first. I'm very sorry.

Enjoy it, maybe you may not learn what you expected, but i did my best, it's always hard to get responses from producers, especially japanese ;)
That's what I call great timing xD thanks!

Q: Is the game called Soul Calibur VI?

Motohiro Okubo: I cannot talk about that. Please be patient.

The way they talk about the game makes it feel like they’re not 70% done because it feels like they’re withholding so much information
We're 20% ready to confirm our 70% completion of the game. Please be patient.
We taught the Soul Calibur team everything we learned during Tekken’s development so that they may not repeat the same mistakes.
YES. I was very worried about this.
as far as guests go, but there also need to be a certain sense of cohesion within the Soul Calibur universe for them to make sense.
That's very nice. I hope that SW-type stuff won't happen again. 2B and Noctis may be a nice guests though.

Jeez I go to work for 8 hours and come home and there's 11 alerts just in one thread. I had no idea that it would spiral into that.

I had some responses I wanted to say, but since the admin is calling it derailing I guess I have to respect that.

On another note, I was on my lunch break starting to read Kayane's interview and some asshat at work wouldn't stop talking to me in the smoking area. He can see I'm clearly trying to read something on my phone and he's fucking blabbering about his newborn daughter showing me pictures and shit and I DON"T GIVE A FUCK.

Anyway, I got as far as the character select screen possibly having more than 20 slots. I was very concerned about that thank god it looks like we will have more. I wish he would at least throw us a bone about story mode or other SP content. I wish it was character specific instead of what SCV was. Anyway, I'm gonna go finish reading that.

Jeez I go to work for 8 hours and come home and there's 11 alerts just in one thread. I had no idea that it would spiral into that.

I had some responses I wanted to say, but since the admin is calling it derailing I guess I have to respect that.

On another note, I was on my lunch break starting to read Kayane's interview and some asshat at work wouldn't stop talking to me in the smoking area. He can see I'm clearly trying to read something on my phone and he's fucking blabbering about his newborn daughter showing me pictures and shit and I DON"T GIVE A FUCK.

Anyway, I got as far as the character select screen possibly having more than 20 slots. I was very concerned about that thank god it looks like we will have more. I wish he would at least throw us a bone about story mode or other SP content. I wish it was character specific instead of what SCV was. Anyway, I'm gonna go finish reading that.
You work with Maes Hughes?

In seriousness, Kayane's interview was great fun to read.
But as you can tell from the interview, some things are still not fully set in stone like I've told you before. Which is why Zasalamel's status flipflopped in the span of a month or so in regards to him being possibly DLC to very likely a launch character now from what I'd heard and shared with you.
Either way, he is coming back and will be part of the story. That much I can definitely say.
But I still don't know the exact roster number or modes since they don't even seem to know themselves quite yet. Best I can say is hope for the best, and prepare for something more modest at worst.
Furthermore, be loud. Very loud and as persistent and annoying as you can be about modes and stuff you want back.
They clearly are a tad tone deaf. So do what you can. If you want things back like Team Battle, let him know it on Twitter:
https://twitter.com/achilles_okubo

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back