SOULCALIBUR 6: News, leaks and information discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a player of some of Bamco's "free" to play games, I can safely say they are very greedy.

That said I still enjoy their game enough to play and pay sometimes.

Since they just announced Zasalamel, I really hope they bring back more fan favorites that people miss since IV.

So I hope the remaining roster will look kinda like that:

- Siegfried
- Raphael
- Maxi
- Voldo
- Astaroth
- Taki
- Cervantes
- Setsuka
- Tira
- Talim
- Hwang
- Yoshimitsu
- Hilde
- New character
- New character
- New character

That would make a final roster of 24 characters.

I'll be happy with Maxi, Voldo and Hwang - but NOT Yun-Seong! However, the guy who leaked all the characters included the latter - and he was right about Zas.

I think this game has always looked flashy, hence more entertaining! I think the flashiest character of all was probably that Hilde, so would be nice if she made a return also.

Since they just announced Zasalamel, I really hope they bring back more fan favorites that people miss since IV.

- Siegfried
- Raphael
- Maxi
- Voldo
- Astaroth
- Taki
- Cervantes
- Setsuka
- Tira
- Talim
- Hwang
- Yoshimitsu
- Hilde
- New character
- New character
- New character

I've already accepted that we won't get Hilde unless it's DLC some months later. Stop pulling me back in ahhhh I'll only get hurt in the end :((

Anything below 28 seems low to me. T7 has 24 male characters standard, and 11 girls inc Eliza (dont get me started on stupidly out of proportion ratios) so if SCVI were only to match the standard male count of Tekken I would just feel like it isn't enough, especially because they've already got a ton of backlash for cutting favourites out before.

I've already accepted that we won't get Hilde unless it's DLC some months later. Stop pulling me back in ahhhh I'll only get hurt in the end :((

Anything below 28 seems low to me. T7 has 24 male characters standard, and 11 girls inc Eliza (dont get me started on stupidly out of proportion ratios) so if SCVI were only to match the standard male count of Tekken I would just feel like it isn't enough, especially because they've already got a ton of backlash for cutting favourites out before.

To be fair, Tekken 7 had 20 characters at launch. It took more than two years for the game after release to reach the actual roster (36 characters)

Of course the maximum characters the better is, tho i just want them to not rush characters, especially after what happened with SCV, i'd rather have 24 characters at lauch +6 DLC all well made, rather than 40 characters at launch but 20 of them are half a** made (because of lack of time, budget or whatever)

To be fair, Tekken 7 had 20 characters at launch. It took more than two years for the game after release to reach the actual roster (36 characters)

Of course the maximum characters the better is, tho i just want them to not rush characters, especially after what happened with SCV, i'd rather have 24 characters at lauch +6 DLC all well made, rather than 40 characters at launch but 20 of them are half a** made (because of lack of time, budget or whatever)
Yeah lol but it wasn't finished in development when it got released in arcades. Standard day one console release is what I'm talking about because SCVI doesn't have an arcade release, so I can't see them adding another 12 characters after the fact - even DOA5 didn't add that many new characters and it had like 5 different release versions and a million DLCs.

28 is enough, considering they seem to be porting assets over from the past two games and just tweaking them, plus reworking old costume designs I don't think a 3 year development cycle would be too short to end up with 28.

Most leaks point out for less than 30, so it will be most likely something around 27 + guest.
I really don't see Namco making more than one guest character and if is in fact Zorro and they wanted a second guest, I doubt they wouldn't bring it from One Piece itself.

All in all, 24 character o launch is not awful, specially considering how much work a single SC takes.

Yeah lol but it wasn't finished in development when it got released in arcades. Standard day one console release is what I'm talking about because SCVI doesn't have an arcade release, so I can't see them adding another 12 characters after the fact - even DOA5 didn't add that many new characters and it had like 5 different release versions and a million DLCs.

28 is enough, considering they seem to be porting assets over from the past two games and just tweaking them, plus reworking old costume designs I don't think a 3 year development cycle would be too short to end up with 28.

It was just a marketing PR comment tbh: "Lel game isn't finish yet stoners, now let us keep milk Arcade will ya?"

SFV had 16 characters at launch, Injustice 2 and MKX are the AAA fighting games that has the most characters at launch, nowdays and it don't even reach 30 at launch.

But yeah 28 would be just awesome for launch indeed, tho i'd be ok with 24 if they'll add at least 6 more with DLC.

It was just a marketing PR comment "Lel game isn't finish yet stoners, now let us keep milk Arcade will ya?"

SFV had 16 characters at launch, Injustice 2 and MKX are the AAA fighting games that has the most characters at launch, and it don't even reach 30 at launch0

But yeah 28 would be just awesome for launch, i'd be ok with 24 tho if they'll add at least 6 more with DLC.
Lol, nevertheless it still wasn't finished in development. Even the graphics were a work in progress.

SFV at launch was heavily criticised for a lack of content, so the lower character roster definitely didn't ensure that the rest of the game would be stellar. They did more than 28 with SCIV's launch, so that's why I'm so concrete on this - if they've done big rosters before they can do them again.

Lol, nevertheless it still wasn't finished in development. Even the graphics were a work in progress.

SFV at launch was heavily criticised for a lack of content, so the lower character roster definitely didn't ensure that the rest of the game would be stellar. They did more than 28 with SCIV's launch, so that's why I'm so concrete on this - if they've done big rosters before they can do them again.

Main point i'm trying to make with T7 is that they couldn't have put many characters if the game was straight console like SC6 and the other fighting games.

That's true about SFV, actually the issue with this game is that it has a special business model that has never been done before, and that many people didn't (and still don't) understand. (A model that actually has way more pros than cons if you think about).

28 characters at launch would too awesome, but i don't want to expect too much in that matter lol, 24 would be already great i think.

I still haven't chosen my first avatar yet, I'm waiting for Tira or Talim (whoever's earliest). Or maybe Lizardman if he's in.

Digital Foundry analyses SCVI.

Hi everyone! I am new here, but I have been following all the news closely because Soulcalibur is my all time favorite fighting game.
I feel the need to make a reply in this post to talk about how beautiful and detailed look this video. All the videos that has been posted looks blurried and with very few details, but this one makes me say "Wow". Is now when I think that the Pc Version is a must. The costume of Xianghua looks absolutely stunning, and of course, the rest of the characters looks wonderful. For the first time I have been able too see the potencial of this Soulcalibur. Every new game tries to be a big jump over the past, but, until now, I have not noticed it. So I am happy and more excited to see the final version and, of course, I am gonna buy it for Pc. And you, guys? What version will you get and why?

(Sorry for my english.)

Most leaks point out for less than 30, so it will be most likely something around 27 + guest.
I really don't see Namco making more than one guest character and if is in fact Zorro and they wanted a second guest, I doubt they wouldn't bring it from One Piece itself.

All in all, 24 character o launch is not awful, specially considering how much work a single SC takes.
Given how that supposed "former employee" explained it to me, a second guest would come as DLC (akin to Tekken 7 which got a second and third) but they didn't have or offer anything specific other than it's a female character makes it seem like the character probably isn't also from One Piece because I feel like that kind of thing would at least be known and was part of the deal with Zoro they likely would have known about to some extent, and said character wasn't even completely decided on yet other than a criteria to pull from that they wanted to include a female guest finally.

Like I went into on a previous post, two big criteria that guest characters on SC have never filled are anime/manga characters or female characters.
In regards to females, KOS-MOS was planned as one on III from what I recall but was settled on being creation parts, while Bayonetta was set to be SCV's originally until they realized she'd break the game and be overpowered by design if they were faithful with her, so they went with their second choice, Ezio, and settled on having Bayonetta's character designer Mari Shimazaki design outfits for Ivy, Tira, and Leixia instead.

If you want my opinion and speculation on the matter.... again, assuming that person was actually telling the truth to me, then I could easily see 2B being that second guest since it's a female character who's highly requested, and was originally highly requested to be Tekken 7's third guest character, being second most requested only to Kazuma Kiryu. Annnd neither was chosen there for that.
Which brings me to another point....
When has the fanbase ever highly requested (or rallied for) a guest character for Soul Calibur and actually got them before?

Soul Calibur guest characters specialize in the WTF factor and unexpectedness, but are popular and bring some kind of reaching interest with every one of them, with no single criteria being repeated yet.
If 2B does wind up being a guest character, I would quicker believe she come later than originally being the one at launch.
I suppose my point is that I've had some time to process and reflect on the possibility since it's still an uncertainty and none of my Bamco contacts can currently confirm or deny any of the things that person sent me, so all I'm left with is to think "Well, what if?"

And that "what if?" brought those thoughts there.

- Siegfried
- Raphael
- Maxi
- Voldo
- Astaroth
- Taki
- Cervantes
- Setsuka
- Tira
- Talim
- Hwang
- Yoshimitsu
- Hilde
- New character
- New character
- New character

That would be lovely, I'm not entirely sure about the chances of some of the characters you listed, but I like the fact that there are at least 3 more newcomers in your list, because let's face it, even if we don't want a lot of newcomers, we should at least expect 3-4.

- Siegfried
- Raphael
- Maxi
- Voldo
- Astaroth
- Taki
- Cervantes
- Setsuka
- Tira
- Talim
- Hwang
- Yoshimitsu
- Hilde
- New character
- New character
- New character

This seems very likely.

Hi everyone! I am new here, but I have been following all the news closely because Soulcalibur is my all time favorite fighting game.
I feel the need to make a reply in this post to talk about how beautiful and detailed look this video. All the videos that has been posted looks blurried and with very few details, but this one makes me say "Wow". Is now when I think that the Pc Version is a must. The costume of Xianghua looks absolutely stunning, and of course, the rest of the characters looks wonderful. For the first time I have been able too see the potencial of this Soulcalibur. Every new game tries to be a big jump over the past, but, until now, I have not noticed it. So I am happy and more excited to see the final version and, of course, I am gonna buy it for Pc. And you, guys? What version will you get and why?

(Sorry for my english.)
There's a poll asking what version people will get in the Casual forum.
It's currently at roughly 60 for PS4, 50 for PC and 10 for Xbox.

Personally, I think I'm going to vouch for PC. Far greater possibility for mods and I don't have to pay anybody to play it online.

Vergeben I imagine you can't say but I figure I'd ask anyway; have you got any info about the possibility of selectable weapons returning? (like how you could unlock weapons in SCIII and choose them on character select) Is it something they've talked about at all?

It's been in the game since Soul Edge/Blade and it seems weird that they suddenly stopped doing it and limited it to Character Creation mode in SCIV and SCV, meaning you had to make an alternate costume just to have them use a different weapon :/

In general I think we need more small old features like that back in with SCVI.

I just want to say I love how every time there's a reveal a bunch of people immediately change their avatars. Can't wait for more reveals mang.
Well when they is something as sexy as Zas doing his win pose looking like a boss how can I not lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back