SOULCALIBUR 6: News, leaks and information discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having the same weapon doesn't mean having the same fighting style. There are already expamles of this in past games. Raphael plays different from Amy and Sophitita, Cassandra, and Patroklos play nothing alike.

Something else too, is that Zolo and 2B aren't typical katana users. 2B also uses longswords, spears, combat bracers, and her pod, while Zolo uses 3 blades at once. They wouldn't simply copy Mitsu. 2B might be closer to Ezio, in terms of having multiple weapons
Then switching weapons im all for it i just cant seem to see past to many kitanas. Granted sophi/cas same weapons fighting differently is fine 1 or 2 same type but again im just giving an exaple of the variety is my thing. Sc6 is looking amazing so far and i have nothing bad to say what so ever. I just want to see new weapons not seen before in sc,like groh’s weapon is a kool addition.

My concern is why we push towards these weird guest characters that dont even fit in the universe. Out if all the possibilities you guys want a character from the year 3000 like really, if there was that one thing that literally sucks you out of the story, its putting 2B in the 16th century.

I would have preferred a character from Tekken or Street Fighter and just call it a day.

They should give you the "parts" to make the guest character in Create-A-Soul like in Soul Calibur 3.

I would much prefer the inclusion of characters from the original Nier, than Automata. I think [father or brother] Nier, Kaine, and Emil would fit SoulCalibur better than 2B, 9S, and A2. However, I wouldn't be against 2B's inclusion, if they decided to add her

You know who fits pretty well? A resident Witcher.

That's not at all what he means by fitting. Plot makes 0 incentive for guests. He means aesthetically and mechanically. 2B is an android. Zoro is from an anime. Neither of which are too intertwined with SC.

My personal issue with Zoro isn't him fitting (he fits pretty well imo), it's that I don't care for him in the slightest.
Guests are not meant to be of the same aestethic of the game, in fact, the whole idea is that they stand out. Also, mechanically, I doubt 2B would go too far, she is a swordswoman after all, and so is Zoro. Also, anime isn't interwined with SC? SC was always anime like, just like most games of japanese origin, of course its interwined, wtf.

Some people are dancing around the crux of the argument of the potential guest char Zoro’s leak so I’ll just come out and say it.

One Piece has an awful art style and I don’t want a character from there shittin’ up muh ‘Calibur.

Oda can’t draw, and he and the Fairy Tail guy should stay within their realm of low effort illustration/animation shounen crap.

Some people are dancing around the crux of the argument of the potential guest char Zoro’s leak so I’ll just come out and say it.

One Piece has an awful art style and I don’t want a character from there shittin’ up muh ‘Calibur.

Oda can’t draw, and he and the Fairy Tail guy should stay within their realm of low effort illustration/animation shounen crap.

tumblr_inline_ng1gah6hdX1r1hxr0.gif

Oh wow lol, Honestly though...how would he work in Soul Calibur's art style? Would he be like Angol Fear and be anime like?

I love One Piece. I don't want a One Piece Character in SC6.
I'm not a fan of Geralt De riv. But i think he would be awesome in SC6 as a guest character.

Does it sound weird?

Most of that batch of guest characters looked congruent with what could have been in an SC game.

Shura, Scheherazade, and even Ashlotte didn’t look out of place.

Angol Fear was. Her model next to almost any other looked very anachronistic and blocky.

I’m not against “anime in the game” I’m against a drastic style clash between characters with pleasing aesthetics vs one who falls short on detail, design, and compatibility.

Would you like it if intro to SC6 was all hand-drawn style like in Guilty Gear series?
If it looks cool, why not?

Different art style doesn't mean someone can't draw, have some respect for other artists. Also, Zoro's presence doesn't mean he needs to look extremely One Piece, in fact, @Vergeben himself has posted two art examples of cool looking Zoros that would fit Soul Calibur well:
roronoa_zoro_by_dylancg-d2b1mt3.jpg

zoro_by_killer4fx-darr2kn.jpg

Most of that batch of guest characters looked congruent with what could have been in an SC game.

Shura, Scheherazade, and even Ashlotte didn’t look out of place.

Angol Fear was. Her model next to almost any other looked very anachronistic and blocky.

I’m not against “anime in the game” I’m against a drastic style clash between characters with pleasing aesthetics vs one who falls short on detail, design, and compatibility.
Shura, Scheherazade, Kamikirimusi and Ashlotte are not guests, in fact, Ashlotte and Shura are both canon. The only things that looked out of place with Angol Fear were her eyes, which were purposedly big, to indicate her manga origins (even though she appeared in SC4 before her manga), nothing else was different than a regular character. You're just finding random reasons to complain.

The only things that looked out of place with Angol Fear were her eyes, which were purposedly big, to indicate her manga origins (even though she appeared in SC4 before her manga), nothing else was different than a regular character. You're just finding random reasons to complain.
Everything about Angol Fear looked out of place. Her outfit, her skin texture, her eyes and hair and those horns on her hat. She looked more like a Kingdom Hearts character than a SC character imo.

How are the character movelists? Are they minimal due to the lack of A+K moves, or at least more extensive than SCV's?

Best set of SCVI media so far, thanks guys. Hope to play with you guys again soon, we haven't played since SCIV!
Thanks for the upvote. Joel picked up the game much faster than me, I had problems with the layout but still would've liked to have become more comfortable with the new techniques.

The movelists will be slightly reduced due to A+K and there being generally fewer 8wr attacks. However because of the v-trigger style soul charge, I think there will be plenty to explore for every character in this game. Definitely closer to sciv than v in that respect

Has anyone who's tried the game out (or studied the gameplay videos heavily) noticed any of Mina's moves in Kilik? I'm curious, since that would make her inclusion less or more likely depending on the answer.

Has anyone who's tried the game out (or studied the gameplay videos heavily) noticed any of Mina's moves in Kilik? I'm curious, since that would make her inclusion less or more likely depending on the answer.
From what I've seen so far, he has one new move that looks like Mina's 3B.

Last edited:
One of the things that keeps bothering me for some dumb reason is the health bars. I'm really happy they change colour the lower they get, but the fact that GREEN is the 'full health' colour, and teal is the 'below full' colour really messes with everything I've gotten used to when it comes to games. In most games (including SC), teal represents full health or an extended health bar.

I don't get the reasoning behind changing that aside from literally 'just to be different'. At the very least wish they'd give us the option to choose in-game what colour we want :/

It just looks weird to me.

The more I see of the actual gameplay though, the more hype I get, and the graphics are just beautiful.

I really want to see Zas and Ivy in gameplay footage though. Hope there's a chance for some people to record that soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back