SOULCALIBUR 6: News, leaks and information discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Witcher series is known for having combat mechanics that are ass. The Witcher III had the best out of the 3 games, but it still wasn't great combat. I actually always make sure to tell people that because I cannot recommend those games in good conscience without mentioning that because you'll be doing quite a bit of it in-game.

That's true, but there are plenty of games out there with sub-par gameplay while offering something else either in atmosphere, OST or story. I played both TW2 and 3 with 3 somehow having worse gameplay IMO. That said I still think the game gets too much flak on here.

39 characters sounds crazy. Even with DLC included. Ive never known an SC game with this big of a roster.
SCII has somewhere around 21 I believe (not including guests) and SCIV, being the most complete roster to date, is about 29 not including the anime mimic weirdos sooooo..are they just gonna MAKE 5 to 10 brand new characters? Even with DLC like Viola or Sets it sounds farfetched.

Im not saying I hate the idea but it worries me as far as game balance, and Id really for all of the important legacy characters to make it.

It worked so well for Blazblue Cross Tag Battle. Why not in SC6?

For SCVI, it different. You want the game to release in late 2019 then instead of Summer 2018.

...but it's been already confirmed that we're getting more than 20 characters at launch.

No, it hasn't because 20 characters at launch because of the character select screen and the middle slot for DLC characters. Remember SCIII's character select with a spot for the bonus characters.

SCIII Character Select Screen

2018-03-16_1325.png

SCVI Character Select Screen

DUevEkwX4AACmLs.jpg

Good grief Bryan's arm is giving me Trypophobia. He's not a lizard.

I don't think Groh's arm (when his left armor breaks) looks like that via trailer/gameplay, but then again he's not supposed to be a grizzled veteran.

You want the game to release in late 2019 then instead of Summer 2018.
Is this a question or statement? If it's a question, then yes. I always have (and always will) advocate for releasing a finished game later, rather than rushing a game out and then adding important content via DLC. And yes, this is just my preference, but I also get the impression that it's what most gamers want. People passionately hate the new normal of paying full price for half a game.

If it was a statement, then yes I agree.

No, it hasn't because 20 characters at launch because of the character select screen and the middle slot for DLC characters. Remember SCIII's character select with a spot for the bonus characters.
I don't wish to be rude, but these sentences are nonsense. And I mean that literally. They don't make sense or express any coherent idea. Again, I'm really not trying to be a jerk, but I wanted you to know.

I don't wish to be rude, but these sentences are nonsense. And I mean that literally. They don't make sense or express any coherent idea. Again, I'm really not trying to be a jerk, but I wanted you to know.
Since you're not trying to be a jerk I'll chime in

I believe he's saying that
1) The current SC6 character select screen has 20 circles and logically that would imply 20 character slots
2) However, there may be a 1 slot dedicated to a sub-menu of bonus characters
3) His example is the SC3 character select screen

Sometimes people get excited and hit "post" before re-reading the previews. The general idea is there however.

Is this a question or statement? If it's a question, then yes. I always have (and always will) advocate for releasing a finished game later, rather than rushing a game out and then adding important content via DLC. And yes, this is just my preference, but I also get the impression that it's what most gamers want. People passionately hate the new normal of paying full price for half a game.
[..]
What makes a finished game? Curious to know.

Since you're not trying to be a jerk I'll chime in

I believe he's saying that
1) The current SC6 character select screen has 20 circles and logically that would imply 20 character slots
2) However, there may be a 1 slot dedicated to a sub-menu of bonus characters
3) His example is the SC3 character select screen

Sometimes people get excited and hit "post" before re-reading the previews. The general idea is there however.
Right, but this was in response to someone saying that it was "confirmed" that we were getting twenty characters at launch. I don't actually know if that's true or not, but you can't say that it's false because it might be like this other thing. He used the word "because" (twice in fact) which usually expresses a reason. Speculation can't be a reason.

Kind of assumed the middle slot was for customs, but the DLC characters could look funky outside of the circle and those two convenient slots at the bottom may be for customs, bonus characters, random select, or unlockables.

The "select your character" window still bothers the crap out of me. Character names and the timer could move down there.

What makes a finished game? Curious to know.
Of course it's incredibly subjective. It varies by person and by genre and even by game series.

But for me personally, regarding SC6? I'd say an amount of content comparable to what was in SoulCaliburs 1-5.

And I think it's safe to say that, for most fighting game players, making half of the cast DLC screams "incomplete game."

Right, but this was in response to someone saying that it was "confirmed" that we were getting twenty characters at launch. I don't actually know if that's true or not, but you can't say that it's false because it might be like this other thing. He used the word "because" (twice in fact) which usually expresses a reason. Speculation can't be a reason.
He has a history of loudly declaring things that are not confirmed or even outright wrong (most recent being his gaffe regarding Zas/Ivy being playable at FR). He could have easily saved himself some embarrassment by just stating "The FR twitter is reporting this" rather than making a confirmatory statement himself.

If he used less absolutes in his language regarding speculation then it would be less eyebrow raising and the threads will be a much happier place for all.

Of course it's incredibly subjective. It varies by person and by genre and even by game series.

But for me personally, regarding SC6? I'd say an amount of content comparable to what was in SoulCaliburs 1-5.

And I think it's safe to say that, for most fighting game players, making half of the cast DLC screams "incomplete game."
So even if they had budget for only X number of characters and modes, it still would not be a finished game.

What about GaaS model? If it had comparable content with old installments but used that model, would it be still incomplete?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back