SOULCALIBUR 6: News, leaks and information discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude i haven't watch it yet, but i f*cking knew geralt would have a longer breakdown that the other characters, i just knew it lol
Not entirely surprising since they take the time discuss the process of bringing him from The Witcher to Soulcalibur and the minor challenges that brings. But yeah, I think Okubo should takes some notes, this showcase puts the others to shame tbh. I mean, they're not super important but if they want to build any level of hype with these videos, then they need to do a better job with them.

But yeah, I think Okubo should takes some notes, this showcase puts the others to shame tbh. I mean, they're not super important but if they want to build any level of hype with these videos, then they need to do a better job with them.

Totally agree.

I think Okubo should takes some notes, this showcase puts the others to shame tbh. I mean, they're not super important but if they want to build any level of hype with these videos, then they need to do a better job with them.
Exactly! Soul Calibur is an attractive and complex game, which can be intensely felt in momentary instances within fights. Because this is unknown to many people, you need to relegate some things properly. Geralt showcase tells us WHY he is cool in a witty and eloquent way. It doesn't just tell us that he IS cool and what weapon he uses.

The fact that Kayane was able to record the previously missing movelists is already an indication that something has changed, and I doubt that's going to be all we get tomorrow.

Does this mean that Kayane was actually able to view the full movesets of the previously announced characters for the first time? Just curious

When she said she recorded the command list she meant she went through their moves and recorded it, rather than the given one in the menu.

I think that characters that are "leaked" have higher chances of being revealed next, as they obviously were discussed/created earlier than others, judging as somebody managed to know enough to "leak" them.
So big chances are that next reveals will include those: Taki, Talim, Maxi.

All three of those use two weapons though. I would expect one or two single weapon users in the list.

True. But a intentional variety in styles and weapons is best. Maxi and Talim are actually very similar even if impacts and presentation are way different.

I still really want to see her yomotomo though. :) Would fit with Windy March.

There hasn't really been much of a pattern to the reveals.
I would say there has been, in regards to character status and relationships.

Sophitia and Mitsurugi - "Poster" characters, one female and one male, who have been with the franchise from the beginning, even SoulBlade.
Kilik and Xianghua - They're inseparable, really goes without saying.
Kilik and Grøh - They're rivals, if Vergeben is to be believed.
Xianghua and Nightmare - The hero and villain of SoulCalibur I-II.
Zasalamel and Ivy - "Magician" type characters on either side of the Soul Edge situation. Notably, both appeared on the cover to SoulCalibur III.

Maxi is a missing link to the trio of himself, Kilik, and Xianghua, so he could be next for that reason, and Taki has ties to Sophitia, but Talim doesn't fit in so much. Talim is mostly tied to Yun-seong and Seong Mi-na, characters-wise, though there is the central idea that she'd be linked to Nightmare, to oppose Soul Edge, but that was practically everyone in SoulCalibur II, who each had fragments of Soul Edge that led them to Nightmare. And then there's that Maxi probably can't be introduced without Astaroth, as their souls are fiercely entangled.

So if there's three, it seems more likely to be Maxi, Astaroth, and Taki.

Maxi probably can't be introduced without Astaroth, as their souls are fiercely entangled.
In SC IV :sc2min2::sc2yun2:
soulcalibur-iv-maxi-06.jpg
soulcalibur-iv-yun-seong-05.jpg
In SC V :sc5lei1::sc4nm1::sc4rap1:
leixia_vs_maxi.jpg

nightmare_stance.jpg

raphael_taunt.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back