Soulcalibur V coming as a Digital Download!

• Admin
Namco just announced today that Soulcalibur V will be coming as a digital download to both Playstation Network and Xbox Live this Tuesday on April 23. Though this shouldn't really matter since everyone reading this message on this website should already have a copy of the game!

The game will be available at a discounted price at $19.99. So if you haven't picked it up yet, this would be a great time to do so... especially if you don't have it for both consoles. In Europe as well, there will be a "Legendary Edition" for 29.99 which features the game and all available DLC.
SOULCALIBUR™V is coming to Xbox® Live Games on Demand and PlayStation®Store!

The latest entry in the premier weapons-based head-to-head fighting series continues with the epic struggle of warriors in search for the legendary Soul Swords.

SOULCALIBUR™V will be available for 19.99€/19.99$ in Europe, North America, Middle East, Africa and Australasia for download on April 23rd, 2013 on Xbox® LIVE Games on Demand.
It will be available on the PlayStation®Network for 19.99€/19.99$, on April 23rd for North America and on April 24th for Europe, North America, Middle East, Africa and Australasia.
In addition to the stand-alone version of SoulCalibur V is coming to Xbox® LIVE Games on Demand and via the PlayStation®Network, an exclusive SOULCALIBUR™V: Legendary Edition will also be available for download in Europe, Middle East, Africa and Australasia for download for the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system for 29.99€.

The Legendary Edition includes the full game, plus the additional character Dampierre and the downloadable costumes and armor sets.

Last edited:
Jason Axelrod

Jason Axelrod

Owner and Operator of 8WAYRUN

well this is off topic but i just got soul calibur BD for psp free on ps vita with PS Plus subscription man the game still looks good! graphics are almost as good as SC4 on ps3 hard to believe it was a psp game, enjoying the good old full roster of SC with Yun seong on the go is quite good to have

i stopped playing SC5 and i dont miss it, ill be back when Sc6 come out if it does come out. scv too unblanced its all about the Pyrrahs,violas, and mitsus. not to mention i got bored of the watered down movesets too and the missing characters. in the meantime im really enjoying blazeblue and some casual Sf3rd strike OE and Sf4

i stopped playing SC5 and i dont miss it, ill be back when Sc6 come out if it does come out. scv too unblanced its all about the Pyrrahs,violas, and mitsus. not to mention i got bored of the watered down movesets too and the missing characters. in the meantime im really enjoying blazeblue and some casual Sf3rd strike OE and Sf4

Don't feed the trolls, kids.

i stopped playing SC5 and i dont miss it, ill be back when Sc6 come out if it does come out. scv too unblanced its all about the Pyrrahs,violas, and mitsus.
It is misinformed and ignorant statements like this that really causes all the problems around here.

not to mention i got bored of the watered down movesets too and the missing characters. in the meantime im really enjoying blazeblue and some casual Sf3rd strike OE and Sf4
That's fine. If this is the reason you quit. It's all subjective and a matter of personal taste. But two things, and this isn't just directed towards you sir, but if that's the case why do you feel compelled to come to a Soul Calibur website to say you don't play it anymore? And two, if you're really enjoying those other games so much why not go to their respective forums and clutter it with inconsequential posts like these and see how far you go?

Like seriously I read this whole cluster fuck of a thread and I wanna know why do people feel the need to carry on strife and drama that obviously comes with these types of comments? I will never understand the internet mentality. Because I guarantee not one of you would come into an offline gathering just to tell the people there that their game sucked and you went there just to tell them how such and such game is better.

Ugh, you guys carry on. And Inmortal like I said it's not a personal attack against you but an actual attempt to try to figure out what kind of mentality it takes to do this? Like what is the goal? What are you all trying to accomplish? I'd really like an answer to those two questions. But I'm pretty sure I know what will come of this so really just save it. I have no energy to get into an internet argument. Good day to you all.

8WR has more in it than Soul Calibur related forums. i know several people that are here for the general discussion. believe it or not there are more general discussion topics than Soul Calibur related topics.
It doesn't matter. This thread is not about varied themes is about SC5, if you don't play, don't comment.

We're not going to DOA thread talking like this game sucks, so I would like you to do the same.

i do play SC5. you don't know what i play. so don't act like you do. i just don't play the game competitively anymore.

and people have gone to the DOA thread saying the game sucks. get used to that happening. it's the internet and people have opinions. people are going to let their opinions be known. the sooner you come to that realization the better. and instead of raging at the guy why don't you try to see things from his side. discuss that person and your opinions in a professional manner. don't resort to names or try to tell somebody what to do. those are top causes for flame war initiations.

I feel like once again the point of "why are you here?" needs to be made. There's a whole website devoted to DOA with a very similar format like here. Why post sewage on 8wr when you can just go to FSD?

It doesn't matter. This thread is not about varied themes is about SC5, if you don't play, don't comment.

We're not going to DOA thread talking like this game sucks, so I would like you to do the same.
Or... Maybe... we SHOULD go around telling people what's up? It's kinda like a public service, if you think about it the right way.

Reactions: IRM
i find it hilarious that no one can have a critical opinion of the game around here without being called "negative and being asked why they are here."

contrary to popular belief you CAN love a franchise yet be criticizing of that franchise. we dont all have to gather here to sing koombaya as if the franchise is f'ing perfect. be real guys. it's not. and its not "negative" to be real about it, and nobody should have to "leave the site" because they dont want to share your delusions.

i never understood that internet mentality.

It has nothing to do with the fact you have a negative opinion about the game. It's about the fact that instead of keeping your opinion to yourself you run around spouting libel about the game. There is literally 0 reason for you to be on this site if you don't like the game. Rather than bitch and moan, which is the only thing I've ever seen you do, maybe you should find a way to be a little more constructive.

And that isn't just towards Scesmoon, all of you know who you are. Even the one in here suddenly trying to be on the side he's pitted himself against so many times before.

Reactions: IRM
It has nothing to do with the fact you have a negative opinion about the game. It's about the fact that instead of keeping your opinion to yourself you run around spouting libel about the game. There is literally 0 reason for you to be on this site if you don't like the game. Rather than bitch and moan, which is the only thing I've ever seen you do, maybe you should find a way to be a little more constructive.

And that isn't just towards Scesmoon, all of you know who you are. Even the one in here suddenly trying to be on the side he's pitted himself against so many times before.

actually. i said several times that i love the soul calibur franchise and therefore i have every reason to be here, and i'd bet anyone using their time to type on this forum loves it too or else, they wouldnt be wasting their time. They, like me have some issues with this particular version of the game and are well within our right to voice our opinions of the game we love so much and have invested so much time in, whether you like it or not. its entirely possible to be of the persuasion of both loving AND being critical of the game. get over it.

You dont have to like our opinions, if you dont agree, thats fine, we can discuss that, but saying we have no place here because we dont agree with popular opinion is about as childish as it gets.

This isn't even about silencing unpopular opinions or ostracizing SCV's detractors. What I see here is a massive argument that is completely unrelated to the announcement of SCV's digital release. If you want to vent your opinions on how unbalanced you perceive SCV to be, that's fine--the casual subforums are the containment board for that. However, shitting up the discussion thread of a front page announcement with the usual nonsense is just childish and it reflects poorly on the site as a whole when viewed from an outsider's perspective.

Also, feel free to review the site rules regarding opinions. The right to have an opinion is not the same as the right to freely express it. You don't see people joining country clubs and bitching about how unbalanced they think golf is.

what would you call your status message about ezio?

A joke from what another user said prior. Guess this is where I say that status messages don't have to be meaningful and serious, guess I should've advertised a CAS I made or a new fanfic I'm working on, maybe even this animu that touched my heart in places I didn't know existed.

I would say you taking the trollbait of IRM and then saying how many tournies you've gone to in an indignant manner and playing a downtrodden intelligent victim who will never be understood is plenty worthy of my pristine "sewage" label.

PS, bunnies, the passive aggression is great, I know people who get legitimately miffed at that.

yes, exactly, but as i said before, if people are going to shell out money to come to a tourney im sure they want to stand a decent chance, it's not like everyone is in cali. we dont all have tourneys right in our back yards. a lot of people have to shell out for travel and probably hotel fees if they arent staying with other community members and if they feel the current balance of the game is going to be preventive for their chances then why would they bother? as i said its a vicious circle and nobody wants to go first.
Are you not an Astaroth player? He is certainly not a bad character. Also: If you're bitching about the game not being balanced just stop, this is the most balanced fighting game out there.

whoa, whoa, there! calm down, dude. it was only a question, not a prosecution. was just curious. and i've already explained about the tourney related post to IRM. you obviously either don't read all the post here or you have selective vision. i definitely don't play a "victim". because i don't feel like one but if labeling is what you like to do then you should work and Wal-mart or Target. cause i'm seeing a lot of it.

05_15_2010Omar_Epps-50501d84c82aa.jpg

-Get called indignant
-Try to throw it back on the accuser
-Will probably insult my use of a picture when its probably all I needed.

This week's events

SoulCalibur VI EVO Japan side event
Ariake GYM-EX, Tokyo (Tokyo Big Site)
3-chōme-11-1 Ariake, Koto City, Tokyo 135-0063, Japan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luca9974
Back