Soulcalibur VI General Roster Speculation Thread

SoulCalibur VI: which 3 characters do you most hope for?

• A brand new character

• Amy

• Cassandra

• Hilde

• Hwang/Yunsung and/or Lizardman

• Rock

• Setsuka

• Viola

• Z.W.E.I.

• Other: Abyss, Algol, Dampierre, Elysium, Leixia, Li Long, Patroklos, etc.

Results are only viewable after voting.
It’s worth nothing that any and every character you can fight in Soul Chronicle has a unique appearance already modeled off of something outside the game (Premade CaS characters, the main roster themselves). The fact that Amy and Cassandra, while not fightable, appear with such drastically changed looks lends credence to the idea that there is official concept art of them somewhere that the illustrator for Soul Chronicle had to look at in order to draw them for the game.

It’s worth nothing that any and every character you can fight in Soul Chronicle has a unique appearance already modeled off of something outside the game (Premade CaS characters, the main roster themselves). The fact that Amy and Cassandra, while not fightable, appear with such drastically changed looks lends credence to the idea that there is official concept art of them somewhere that the illustrator for Soul Chronicle had to look at in order to draw them for the game.
I Think your dwelling on the redesigns too much. The amount of characters from SE to SC3 is small enough that I'd be surprised if they didn't make art for every character up to 3 especially since most story is art based. Also keep in mind most games have design art made before they even finish the story

Doesn't really mean anything in terms of DLC characters. They could very easily move Cassandra/Amy's NPC entry to the playable characters section of the museum upon being added to the roster. It's one thing to speculate that Setsuka will be in the SP, but it's another to say she is without any actual confirmation or concrete evidence. I don't know how many times people have to get on your back about that before you stop doing it.

The evidence is Edge Master, Hwang, Lizardmen, Amy, Cassandra are Soul Chronicle NPCs.

Edge Master
2018-10-13_1602.png

Hwang
2018-10-13_2023.png

Lizardmen
2018-10-13_2024.png

I Think your dwelling on the redesigns too much. The amount of characters from SE to SC3 is small enough that I'd be surprised if they didn't make art for every character up to 3 especially since most story is art based. Also keep in mind most games have design art made before they even finish the story

That doesn’t explain why they drew Hwang according to how he looked in SCI but decidedly on entirely new looks for Amy and Cassandra. There’s likely new concept art for the both of those characters, the question now is where and when.

That doesn’t explain why they drew Hwang according to how he looked in SCI but decidedly on entirely new looks for Amy and Cassandra. There’s likely new concept art for the both of those characters, the question now is where and when.
If they redesigned Hwang would you know it was him? Maybe but alot of people would be confused if it was him or yun. Sophi is all over marketing so it will be hard to confuse her with Cass and no one looks like Amy even slightly. My point earlier was all characters probably got at least one redesign but sometimes the classic look is the best option

If they redesigned Hwang would you know it was him? Maybe but alot of people would be confused if it was him or yun. Sophi is all over marketing so it will be hard to confuse her with Cass and no one looks like Amy even slightly. My point earlier was all characters probably got at least one redesign but sometimes the classic look is the best option

Most fans of the series are well aware what either one of the Korean swordsmen look like, considering Yun-seong has fiery red hair and Hwang doesn't. Yes, all characters have gotten varying degrees of recreation for the new game, and like you said, sometimes the classic look is the best option, which is why characters like Sophitia, Ivy, Nightmare, Mitsurugi, and Kilik have had minor adjustments made to their VI designs. But Hwang is, from the artwork we've seen of him, almost a 1:1 interpretation of his artwork from 1999.

What I'm saying is, if he was meant to be a playable character, DLC or otherwise, they would have at least put more effort into making him look brand spanking new. Meanwhile, we have completely new looks for Cassandra and Amy, and there is an insinuation that their artwork in Soul Chronicle has to be based off of something, like actual official concept art we have yet to see.

Most fans of the series are well aware what either one of the Korean swordsmen look like, considering Yun-seong has fiery red hair and Hwang doesn't. Yes, all characters have gotten varying degrees of recreation for the new game, and like you said, sometimes the classic look is the best option, which is why characters like Sophitia, Ivy, Nightmare, Mitsurugi, and Kilik have had minor adjustments made to their VI designs. But Hwang is, from the artwork we've seen of him, almost a 1:1 interpretation of his artwork from 1999.

What I'm saying is, if he was meant to be a playable character, DLC or otherwise, they would have at least put more effort into making him look brand spanking new. Meanwhile, we have completely new looks for Cassandra and Amy, and there is an insinuation that their artwork in Soul Chronicle has to be based off of something, like actual official concept art we have yet to see.
Yun's hair has a red tent is really your best argument? I think you give people too much credit Keep in mind his hair was covered last game and the last game hwang was in was 3 which was how long ago? Keep in mind I didn't do the story for 4

Yun's hair has a red tent is really your best argument? I think you give people too much credit Keep in mind his hair was covered last game and the last game hwang was in was 3 which was how long ago? Keep in mind I didn't do the story for 4

Considering the surprising amount of people who have suddenly come out of hiding to cry out "Bring back Hwang!" for this game, I'm clearly not losing my mind here. Their aesthetics are also wildly different, and have always been (Hwang with a muted blue/green and less skin showing, Yun-seong with bright orange/lime green and plenty of skin showing), so I don't understand why you're still insisting people can't tell them apart and won't be able to if they revamped Hwang's look.

Considering the surprising amount of people who have suddenly come out of hiding to cry out "Bring back Hwang!" for this game, I'm clearly not losing my mind here. Their aesthetics are also wildly different, and have always been (Hwang with a muted blue/green and less skin showing, Yun-seong with bright orange/green and plenty of skin showing), so I don't understand why you're still insisting people can't tell them apart and won't be able to if they revamped Hwang's look.
You're thinking about it as a customer who knows more then most people while Bamco is thinking about getting new players and getting the fans they lost back. They don't care about fans like you because they think they already got your money just by announcing the game exist. Can you at least agree that them doing anything that might confuse people is a bad idea after the "bonus dlc" problem?

Can you at least agree that them doing anything that might confuse people is a bad idea after the "bonus dlc" problem?

Yes, I'm aware that they've made such blunders, but I don't understand where you're coming from that they could possibly design a veteran character in such a way that they would get confused with an entirely different looking character. Their PR managers and their art designers are completely different people in completely different departments.

Yes, I'm aware that they've made such blunders, but I don't understand where you're coming from that they could possibly design a veteran character in such a way that they would get confused with an entirely different looking character. Their PR managers and their art designers are completely different people in completely different departments.
It's possible but so much easier not to ^_^ besides you being right is clearly more important to you then me being right is to me and I really don't want to think about hwang and yun unless they are in the game. I actually kinda hope Hwang isn't in it at all because I'm having alot of fun acting like X is really Hwang and they made a bad design choice and also spelled his name wrong

Last edited:
The evidence is Edge Master, Hwang, Lizardmen, Amy, Cassandra are Soul Chronicle NPCs.

To quote what I said in the post that you replied to...
"They could very easily move Cassandra/Amy's NPC entry to the playable characters section of the museum upon being added to the roster."

Them being listed as NPC's doesn't disqualify them from possibly being DLC characters in the future. Where else are they supposed to be listed in the museum if they're currently not playable??
Again, there is no concrete evidence to support anyone's speculations at the moment.

To quote what I said in the post that you replied to...
"They could very easily move Cassandra/Amy's NPC entry to the playable characters section of the museum upon being added to the roster."

Them being listed as NPC's doesn't disqualify them from possibly being DLC characters in the future. Where else are they supposed to be listed in the museum if they're currently not playable??
Again, there is no concrete evidence to support anyone's speculations at the moment.

You're jealous that Setsuka is in the Season Pass.

Let's hope she is. As much as I'd like that to be true we're just gonna have to be patient and wait for the announcements.

When Setsuka is officially announced I'll get Project Soul to make sure she's overpowered. Setsuka NEEDS to be Extremly Overpowered because she was unjustly replaced by A. Pat.

TBH the way people are trying to defend their character over another persons character makes me sad. People should just be happy for those who do get what they want. It's not a peeing contest but I'm getting screwed more than most of you. If I'm OK with not having a single one of my mains from all the games then you should be OK with one missing and news flash for all you saying Hwang players are crying. Yeah of course they are because this is definitely his only chance to come back.

You're jealous that Setsuka is in the Season Pass.
I have not stated any preference for any possible DLC characters. I hope Setsuka is one of the Season Pass characters, as she's one of my favorite characters and fighting style. I would rather have her over Cass or Amy. I am just saying that any of the three of them are just as likely and that there's no real way to know until one, if any, of them is announced.
Sorry you don't like being told you don't know information you don't actually know I guess?

More unique moves to make it even worse when they reveal he's not playable. Why go through the effort to make his fighting style unique if they're not going to include him in the roster? I had some hope they'd announce something yesterday when they had an audience, but given that we're five days away and they still haven't even acknowledged the speculation just gives me a bad feeling about the whole situation.

9dc40d54efc0a73699a2bb1206762d76.png
185b26fff03c418414e6046823af4342.png
d0d9d30035e0053791bd5283f27ffce0.png
6b26ca1e58d77af14b5d541df7215ea8.png

Why go through the effort to make his fighting style unique if they're not going to include him in the roster?
Inb4 he is the first DLC that'll be released a month after release, but was already completed much before (but just like with Tira being in the game even if you haven't bought DLC, LizardLeader is already in too, just unavailable before being bought).

Back