Soulcalibur VI General Roster Speculation Thread

SoulCalibur VI: which 3 characters do you most hope for?

• A brand new character

• Amy

• Cassandra

• Hilde

• Hwang/Yunsung and/or Lizardman

• Rock

• Setsuka

• Viola

• Z.W.E.I.

• Other: Abyss, Algol, Dampierre, Elysium, Leixia, Li Long, Patroklos, etc.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Is everyone really that OCD about a character screen? xD
Yes, absolutely. They started off with a great skeleton and premise to show relations of everyone, and then they screwed it up. We could have the exact same characters, re-arranged to be so much better than what we have right now:
Code:
Azwel       Siegfried    Zasalamel  Nightmare  Inferno
Xianghua    Maxi         Sophitia   Astaroth   Tira
Yoshimitsu  Kilik                   Grøh       Voldo
Talim       Mitsurugi    Geralt     Taki       Cervantes
Creation    Seong Mi-na  Raphael    Ivy        Random

Yes, absolutely. They started off with a great skeleton and premise to show relations of everyone, and then they screwed it up. We could have the exact same characters, re-arranged to be so much better than what we have right now:
Code:
Azwel       Siegfried    Zasalamel  Nightmare  Inferno
Xianghua    Maxi         Sophitia   Astaroth   Tira
Yoshimitsu  Kilik                   Grøh       Voldo
Talim       Mitsurugi    Geralt     Taki       Cervantes
Creation    Seong Mi-na  Raphael    Ivy        Random
I actually OCD about your arrangement a tiny bit lol. I would switch Tira and Ivy in your list to have Nightmare, Astaroth, and Ivy close together the same way Kilik, Maxi, and Xianghua are close together.

Personally, I believe that the character select screen arrangement will change. They can patch in a new screen when more characters arrive. Namco did that with Tekken 7 so it shouldn't be a problem for SoulCalibur VI when they add new characters. If the two blank corner slots become characters then it would look very awkward for them to not be adjacent to any other characters. If the lower left corner slot is Hwang then it would look really strange to see a Creation slot between him and Seong Mi-na.

I hestitated to move Ivy, but when Lizardman's not included, the square belonging to Schwarzstrom holds less weight, IMO, and it's worth breaking it for the Seong Mi-na/Ivy rivalry add.

DLC speculation time...

• Characters like Yun-seong, Rock, Setsuka, Hilde, and Li Long seem to be completely missing in action (though some are mentioned in Museum mode).
  • We've seen Edge Master, Hwang, and Lizardman with old designs. Lizardman gets his moveset from SC1 or 2 but no indication he's playable.
  • We've seen Cassandra and Amy with new, intricate designs.
  • Looking back to the big Facebook poll from 3 years ago, Cassandra and Amy are the characters with the most votes who are currently not in SC6.
  • Out of all the returning characters in Lost Swords, Cassandra and Amy are the ones who haven't returned to SC6 yet.
  • I think there's no doubt that "waifus" have the highest sales potential as DLC (I don't like putting Amy into the waifu category, but I think that's how Project Soul sees her).
So what are the chances the season pass is Tira, Cassandra, Amy, and unknown guest? Or did Namco randomly feel like dressing Cassandra and Amy up for the story mode? The latter is possible, but it seems a bit peculiar as they haven't done that with anyone else (from what I've seen anyway).

DLC speculation time...

• Characters like Yun-seong, Rock, Setsuka, Hilde, and Li Long seem to be completely missing in action (though some are mentioned in Museum mode).
  • We've seen Edge Master, Hwang, and Lizardman with old designs. Lizardman gets his moveset from SC1 or 2 but no indication he's playable.
  • We've seen Cassandra and Amy with new, intricate designs.
  • Looking back to the big Facebook poll from 3 years ago, Cassandra and Amy are the characters with the most votes who are currently not in SC6.
  • Out of all the returning characters in Lost Swords, Cassandra and Amy are the ones who haven't returned to SC6 yet.
  • I think there's no doubt that "waifus" have the highest sales potential as DLC (I don't like putting Amy into the waifu category, but I think that's how Project Soul sees her).
So what are the chances the season pass is Tira, Cassandra, Amy, and unknown guest? Or did Namco randomly feel like dressing Cassandra and Amy up for the story mode? The latter is possible, but it seems a bit peculiar as they haven't done that with anyone else (from what I've seen anyway).

I think whether Cass or Amy appear in the Season Pass DLC pack is also dependent on whether or not they already started planning for a Season 2 (if they think this would happen). I could see these 2 being spread out across Seasons, especially if they are using their original weapons, and for the purpose of lifting sales for the latter Seasons. Cass seems like she would be higher priority than Amy, but not by a ton. Okubo also did have that tweet about dancing partner for Raphael, so I won't be surprised if Amy is in the first season, and Cass is not. A high selling first season could be Amy, Setsuka, Yun. Second season could have a new guest, Hilde, Cass, and Rock/Li Long/Hwang/whomever they feel like.

My gut feeling is based on what they said they may have not even made a finalized decision on the guest character (which makes season 2 more likely), unless there is ANOTHER one that was already in the works long ago.

I think whether Cass or Amy appear in the Season Pass DLC pack is also dependent on whether or not they already started planning for a Season 2 (if they think this would happen). I could see these 2 being spread out across Seasons, especially if they are using their original weapons, and for the purpose of lifting sales for the latter Seasons. Cass seems like she would be higher priority than Amy, but not by a ton. Okubo also did have that tweet about dancing partner for Raphael, so I won't be surprised if Amy is in the first season, and Cass is not. A high selling first season could be Amy, Setsuka, Yun. Second season could have a new guest, Hilde, Cass, and Rock/Li Long/Hwang/whomever they feel like.
I feel there's zero chance they're planning a second season pass right now (maybe after release if the game ends up selling like hot cakes, but even then I think chances are higher the team will be allocated to work on a Switch port rather than more DLC). We know with Harada's tweets that the game only barely got made. Okubo said in an interview that the brand is in danger and this could easily be the last SC game. They must have had a very tough time settling on the final roster for this game (including DLC characters).

I feel there's zero chance they're planning a second season pass right now (maybe after release if the game ends up selling like hot cakes, but even then I think chances are higher the team will be allocated to work on a Switch port rather than more DLC). We know with Harada's tweets that the game only barely got made. Okubo said in an interview that the brand is in danger and this could easily be the last SC game. They must have had a very tough time settling on the final roster for this game (including DLC characters).

You may have to wait a year to play Cassandra because Setsuka is in the Season Pass.

Setsuka has not been confirmed to be in season 1.

Thats a speculation video from early August.

He says "for DLC, all the rumours indicate Setsuka and Hilde." That doesn't sound like he's basing that particular bit of information on a concrete source.

Amy & Cassandra are Soul Chronicle NPCs listed in the Museum's Character Compendium Section after Playing Sophitia & Rapheal's Soul Chronicle stories.

2018-10-14_0909.png

I don't know. What I was trying to say is that if there is going to be a Season 2 that starts at the beginning of the 2nd year of release, they would have likely already begun thinking about it, at least in preliminary stages. Same with Switch port. Also, those two things can happen concurrently, as there isn't a ton of overlap in resources / types of man power here. A console port is much more about hardware and programming (technical employees), whereas creating DLC that are characters & cas parts focuses a bit more on game designers, artists, and gameplay/balance/front-end programmers.

Also while there is probably truth towards what Harada and Okubo have said, saying something is in danger is much different than saying they are going to stop it forever for sure. They also said these things probably in part to drum up support and make sure sales were high.

There has been a rather high amount of investment into this game, and it is obvious that via esports there is a lot of dedication already. So unless they completely fuck up the competitive scene, I think there is at least a 50% chance of Season 2 DLC, which they would have increased incentive to do via the esports scene.

At any rate, They already have some preliminary sales numbers from pre-orders so this might be on their mind as well. It is also highly conceivable that they planned out Season Pass 1 dlc characters with the possibility of there being a Season 2 (and quite honestly, this is the smartest thing to do)... this way, the team could swap certain possible early-in-development S1 and possible S2 characters a little more easily, depending on if there is enough clamor for certain characters or for whatever decisions they might make with regards to the # of season passes.

Also, there is no Tekken 7 on the switch yet. SC will only appear on switch if they think the game is very casual-oriented and can handle the amount of graphics / CaS customization. There's a reason why many of the more serious fighting games aren't on switch.

Last edited:
Amy & Cassandra are Soul Chronicle NPCs listed in the Museum's Character Compendium Section after Playing Sophitia & Rapheal's Soul Chronicle stories.

View attachment 51969
Doesn't really mean anything in terms of DLC characters. They could very easily move Cassandra/Amy's NPC entry to the playable characters section of the museum upon being added to the roster. It's one thing to speculate that Setsuka will be in the SP, but it's another to say she is without any actual confirmation or concrete evidence. I don't know how many times people have to get on your back about that before you stop doing it.

This sucks really bad, I was really hoping to get at least 2 new characters for season one. That was before I seen the roster size though. I mean SC 1-3 only had 24 characters (excluding mimics, guest & necrid) so I thought maybe one or two of those characters at most would be missing by the end of the first season but now I'm sitting here hoping one of my mains from SC 1-3 get in. I guess it's my fault for playing hwang in 1 Yun in 2 and assassin/grive edge in 3 (hell I even played Li long in SE) but I still shouldn't get this punished for it. Sorry I just needed to complain.BTW I think I forgot to exclude inferno from my count

Back