Soulcalibur VI General Roster Speculation Thread

SoulCalibur VI: which 3 characters do you most hope for?

• A brand new character

• Amy

• Cassandra

• Hilde

• Hwang/Yunsung and/or Lizardman

• Rock

• Setsuka

• Viola

• Z.W.E.I.

• Other: Abyss, Algol, Dampierre, Elysium, Leixia, Li Long, Patroklos, etc.

Results are only viewable after voting.
soul-calibur-6-announced-first-gameplay-details-revealed.jpg

Notice that Soul Calibur is in the shape of Xianghua's sword. Do we need any more proof that she's confirmed?

Personally I'd rather bring back 1 newcomer from SC5 over 3 half-assed half-complete moveset bonus anime characters. Personal opinion though.
I think something like Berserker and Assassin would be fine (but base their look on actual characters, which would have been Hwang and Rock in the case of SC2).

I'm just hoping for Cassy.
I'd like to see Cassandra too, but I feel there's a big chance they'll skip her. She's never been central to the SC storyline, and she uses the same weapon as another character so that might be a reason for Namco to skip her (disregarding the huge focus on Patroklos/Pyrrha in SC5 there were no two characters using the same weapon, and also in Tekken 7 Namco have been skipping characters similar to others, like Anna).

To be honest, if they simply took the top 20 characters from the Facebook poll and then added 1-3 all new characters, that would be good for me.

Last edited:
I'd like to see Cassandra too, but I feel there's a big chance they'll skip her. She's never been central to the SC storyline, and she uses the same weapon as another character so that might be a reason for Namco to skip her (disregarding the huge focus on Patroklos/Pyrrha in SC5 there were no two characters using the same weapon, and also in Tekken 7 Namco have been skipping characters similar to others, like Anna).

To be honest, if they simply took the top 20 characters from the Facebook poll and then added 1-3 all new characters, that would be good for me.
Cassandra was like 12 in the popularity pool.
I can see she coming back on the basis Alexandra is the Mishima of Soul Calibur
Tekken skipped on a few clones, but still kept a redundant as fuck cast because their hard on Mishimas

She got the number 12 spot (just behind Sophitia and beating many mainstays) so I'm still hopeful. I was not a fan of Sophitia's kids.

Cassandra was like 12 in the popularity pool.
I can see she coming back on the basis Alexandra is the Mishima of Soul Calibur
Tekken skipped on a few clones, but still kept a redundant as fuck cast because their hard on Mishimas
Oh yeah, for some reason I forgot about the many Mishimas. That's kinda like with SC5. They got rid of a bunch of a similar looking/playing characters, unless they thought they were important for the story in which case they went all in.

Hopefully they'll go with a large roster this time around. That's one thing I really appreciated about SC4.

I'd love to see Rock back, but he has like a 0.5% chance if any lol. :sc4roc1:
Why? If SCVI will be a reboot/some sort of time travel thing with character from various timelines, I can see him coming back. He's been here since Soul Blade, and although I didn't like his SCIV appearance and story, his story overall is kinda cool too.

Why? If SCVI will be a reboot/some sort of time travel thing with character from various timelines, I can see him coming back. He's been here since Soul Blade, and although I didn't like his SCIV appearance and story, his story overall is kinda cool too.
He was, but he was never popular lol. Ever since Astaroth debuted, no one cared to look back at Rock and the last game they were in together proves that. Plus, i doubt the story or the reboot is a reason to bring an unpopular character back. Even with SCV, some ppl were only anticipating Bangoo.

I do highly expect a number of returning characters from past SC games such as Kilik, Xianghua, Ivy, Siegfried to be in the game along with several new characters.

As for guest characters, I'm personally hoping either for William of Nioh, a Samuari Shodown character, a Final Fantasy character, Tales of character or 2B of Nier Automata. If a Nintendo Switch version does occur, then my choices would be Link to return or a character from the Fire Emblem series.

As I say with every new SC, I hope one of the new characters would be a big Shield user.

Captain America in a SoulCalibur gotta happen someday.

Back