Soulcalibur VI General Roster Speculation Thread

SoulCalibur VI: which 3 characters do you most hope for?

• A brand new character

• Amy

• Cassandra

• Hilde

• Hwang/Yunsung and/or Lizardman

• Rock

• Setsuka

• Viola

• Z.W.E.I.

• Other: Abyss, Algol, Dampierre, Elysium, Leixia, Li Long, Patroklos, etc.

Results are only viewable after voting.
So now that we know that this Wizardman is playable due to Kayane's recent interview, I feel like this kinda shook up who I thought the remaining characters in the roster would be. I was under the assumption that the wizard guy would be a boss. However assuming that the base roster is 23 characters, (even though the developers said there may be more, i feel its better to remain conservative at this point in time) and also assuming Wizardman takes up one of the 6 remaining slots, and isnt in his own hidden slot or something, i believe the remaining 5 characters could be.

-Raphael
-Cervantes
-Lizardman
-Hwang
-Cassandra

This is, of course, also assuming that CaS characters don't take up a slot either, and instead occupy the middle spinning wheel thing.

If we're about to get a mimic, i'd rather Edgemaster, at least he looks like something Kappa

Beside, the more I take a look to the poll, the most I feel Cassie can really make it, maybe even in the launch roster.

Not sure how much the poll had to do with it. Apparently the devs didn't know Tira was so popular until later, despite her placing 10th in the poll. That's why she wasn't developed for the base roster.

You notice the change in character select screen of SCVI. The original one had 20 characters & the Soul Chronicle has 20 characters.

Character select.jpg

Story 1.png

Tira is confirmed DLC and will have a Soul Chronicle story. I think the space in the center is for DLC characters.

Current Character Select has 3 extra slots & I think their for Rock, Lizardman, & Hwang because they were unlockable bonus characters in the original SoulCalibur.

The bottom spots left & right outside of the story circle might be the user's CaS on the left & on the right downloaded CaS from other players.

vlcsnap-2018-08-23-16h39m11s321.png

Kayane said you can download other people's CaS.

I can't really imagine Lizardman not being in the game after all the evidence I just presented. The only argument people use against him is "He's redundant now that we can make our own" which isn't really a strong argument. When he appears in the story trailer with an updated look alongside other confirmed characters, and has a style that syncs with past games, I'm inclined to believe he's in this one.

Not sure how much the poll had to do with it. Apparently the devs didn't know Tira was so popular until later, despite her placing 10th in the poll. That's why she wasn't developed for the base roster.

The roster is more of a SC1 themed roster with Talim & Zas included because they were unfinshed code in SCV. Namco is trying to defend themselves about Tira when she was leaked before the game was even announced.

If we're about to get a mimic, i'd rather Edgemaster, at least he looks like something Kappa

Beside, the more I take a look to the poll, the most I feel Cassie can really make it, maybe even in the launch roster.

I'm hoping Inferno isn't a playable boss because he should just be a Story Mode Boss and he's just a mimic. He mimiced Cervantes' style in Soul Edge & Nightmare's style in the original SoulCalibur.

As for Cassandra, her name doesn't fit in the list of blurred names. Raph's chances are high because his name length matchs one of the blurred out names, Original Pre - SCII bio about the Evil Seed Incident, & a stage similar to his SCV stage.

Story 1.png

2018-08-23_0748.png

vlcsnap-2018-08-23-06h54m02s943.png

As for Cassandra, her name doesn't fit in the list of blurred names. Raph's chances are high because his name length matchs one of the blurred out names, Original Pre - SCII bio about the Evil Seed Incident, & a stage similar to his SCV stage.
Podcast 2018-08-25 14-23-33-093.jpg

Those two lengths are practically the same (and I think the font I created is pretty much exact. It's based on the font shown in SC6 screenshots and if I write the names of existing characters in the timeline with the font then the names match up perfectly). So she could be just below Ivy or just above Nightmare. That said, I don't think either is Cassandra. Cervantes fits his current slot as his timeline could be after his resurrection (I imagine the events of Soul Edge will be explained in some kind of prologue using the images we saw from the E3 trailer), and Astaroth fits well in his slot too since it makes sense he would directly be involved with other baddies.

I think it was less about popularity and more about storyline / storyvibe decisions.

At this point the only veteran i'm 100% sure will make it launch roster is Cervantes (even before the CaS leak).

Here my top veterans characters that could it make from the most likely to the less likely (without my biased preferences i swear Kappa)

- Cervantes
- Raphael
- Setsuka
- Cassandra
- Hilde
- Hwang
- Yun Seung
- Amy
- Lizardman
- Rock
- Viola
- Zwei
- The rest of SCV new characters

Tho I can also put Edgemaster in the middle, thing is right now hard to tell if they have intention to put a mimic in the game, if so i would think they'll go with Edgemaster. (Also i personally they should as he's the best mimic in the serie)

Last edited:
The 4Chan Azwel leaker's full list is:

Mitsurugi
Seong Mi-na
Taki
Maxi
Voldo
Sophitia
Siegfried
Ivy Blade (she's coded like this in every game's files)
Kilik
Xianghua
Yoshimitsu
Nightmare
Astaroth
Inferno
Cervantes
Lizardman
Raphael
Hwang
Talim
Tira
Zasalamel
Groh
Azwel
Geralt

Looks about right to me

Last edited:
The 4Chan Azwel leaker's full list is:

Mitsurugi
Seong Mi-na
Taki
Maxi
Voldo
Sophitia
Siegfried
Ivy Blade (she's coded like this in every game's files)
Kilik
Xianghua
Yoshimitsu
Nightmare
Astaroth
Inferno
Cervantes
Lizardman
Raphael
Talim
Tira
Zasalamel
Groh
Azwel
Geralt

Looks about right to me

The only thing the 4chan leaker got right was Groh's Papi's name Azwel.

I’m holding to 24 character base roster. The remaining reveals I predict are:

Cervantes
Lizardman
Hwang
Raphael
New female
Inferno

Tira isn’t counted because she’s not base.

It's very likely that Tira is counted because despite not being base, we've got the past two games having a single DLC character taking a slot, and Tira will quite possibly continue this trend, to tease people into buying the season pass in order to get her.

Back