Soulcalibur VI General Roster Speculation Thread

SoulCalibur VI: which 3 characters do you most hope for?

• A brand new character

• Amy

• Cassandra

• Hilde

• Hwang/Yunsung and/or Lizardman

• Rock

• Setsuka

• Viola

• Z.W.E.I.

• Other: Abyss, Algol, Dampierre, Elysium, Leixia, Li Long, Patroklos, etc.

Results are only viewable after voting.
My last 3 predictions are Raphael, Inferno and CAS (I hope CAS doesn't take a slot tho because lizard man and Hwang should be in they really need to be)

I have a feeling that they will release a trailer for a second DLC character a few days before release.

... or at least within a week after release. Kappa

Last edited:
im telling you the dlc will take a single slot only
Ok, I never mentioned DLC would take up more. Regardless, that's still more than 3 slots left.

Are you presuming the small corner circles won't be DLC? You haven't actually broken down your math yet. But ok, I'll try for you. Is it 18 base confirmed + Cervantes + CaS + DLC (taking up a single big circle somehow) + 3 unrevealed? That's the only way you get to 24. And it still doesn't explain the small circles. But hey, whatever, it's all moot anyway, so /shrug.

edit:
Nvm, i see you put CaS as one of the "last 3". Include the random slot and that adds up if DLC takes up a single large circle and the small circles are for...something else.

edit2:
Also, I never partook in this myself, tho kinda cheap being so late. But here's my breakdown on the slots:
18 base confirmed + CaS + random + Cervantes leaves 3 slots left. I'm gonna go a bit against the grain and go with:

Raphael
Rock
blank slot left for Inferno after story mode

bottom left module - DLC characters
bottom right module - random CaS generator

Last edited:
If a proper noun can be leaked, than I assume we only need to speculate on Hwang and Lizzy/Aeon. There has been a dao sighting in Libra art and I presume that we can create more of the latter because we may fight some generics.

We just have DLC likely to be Setsuka, Cassandra, or Hilde.

If the the 4chan leak will be confirm. Setsuka will be one of the very few super unique character left, while she also has a nice spot in the character poll.

1535359786782.jpeg

I twitch a little every time I see someone say Rock should make it in before literally any other character.

As for many games with Character creation in it, you can have each small circle being slots for either p1 and p2 creations saves.

The char screen can also change a bit so everything can happen.

That why I'am more going with leaks and reliable hints to speculate about the last characters. They delayed the game for about 4 month to polish/add characters. So I'am pretty convinced that their will be 20 char + at least 3 more before any dlc.

Add 2 season of 4 chars and you have 31 characters, this would be a very good SoulCalibur with a lot of cash for them from DLC.

If a proper noun can be leaked, than I assume we only need to speculate on Hwang and Lizzy/Aeon. There has been a dao sighting in Libra art and I presume that we can create more of the latter because we may fight some generics.

We just have DLC likely to be Setsuka, Cassandra, or Hilde.

Cassandra will get the Anna Williams Treatment.

As for many games with Character creation in it, you can have each small circle being slots for either p1 and p2 creations saves.

The char screen can also change a bit so everything can happen.

Just like SCIII with 2 slots for CaS on 2 Memory Cards on PS2. I think the small circles are for CaS that the first one is player's own CaS & the second one is for downloaded CaS like Kayane said.

That why I'am more going with leaks and reliable hints to speculate about the last characters. They delayed the game for about 4 month to polish/add characters. So I'am pretty convinced that their will be 20 char + at least 3 more before any dlc.

Add 2 season of 4 chars and you have 31 characters, this would be a very good SoulCalibur with a lot of cash for them from DLC.

I think that Hwang, Lizardman, & Rock are the Bonus Characters on the sides of the character select screen and it not because of some 4chan post. It's because they were SC1 characters and it would be a disservice that those characters in the original Soulcalibur weren't playable in SCVI being a SC1 reboot. In MK9, the game had all the playable characters from MK1 - MK3 in the roster.

SoulCalibur VI will do well even with the Tira Day 1 DLC backlash. I wish Tira wasn't announced 2 months before the game is out. I hope Project Soul listens to the backlash and make her free DLC.

Last edited:
I see several people talk about a season 2 of characters, but note that this won't happen unless the game performs well. They had finished DLC for SC5 they didn't even bother releasing as they suddenly cut all support for the game after a few months and allocated the team to work on other projects. If SC6 ends up underperforming, then say bye-bye to hopes for extra DLC and say hello to more Soul Calibur pachislo machines. Maybe we'll be "lucky" and get a gacha-focused smartphone title.

But this is a different time. DLC is what makes these fighting games money, so it needs continued support.

I see several people talk about a season 2 of characters, but note that this won't happen unless the game performs well. They had finished DLC for SC5 they didn't even bother releasing as they suddenly cut all support for the game after a few months and allocated the team to work on other projects. If SC6 ends up underperforming, then say bye-bye to hopes for extra DLC and say hello to more Soul Calibur pachislo machines. Maybe we'll be "lucky" and get a gacha-focused smartphone title.

SCVI isn't going to fail.

You need a player base to sell DLC to. I'll be very surprised if Namco has planned to make this a games-as-a-service title, and besides, Namco has shown a lot of willingness to drop support for a game on a whim if it's not performing according to expectations. That, in particular, has happened with the last 3 Soul Calibur titles: SC5, Lost Swords, and Unbreakable Soul. You can argue that Lost Swords and Unbreakable Soul don't count as proper Soul Calibur titles, but I'm willing to bet that higher-ups in Namco very much count them as recent failed attempts at exploiting the IP.

What i fear most is the release date between so many AAA titles, just the release month there are forza 4, assassin's creed, call of, disgaea, bf5, RDR2, etc. Different sort of games but players don't have unlimited money, and i wonder what they will choose. I hope Soul Calibur 6 will perform... It's my only AAA purchase of the year (and of course i love the serie... enough to forget Hitman 2 next month XD ).

What i fear most is the release date between so many AAA titles, just the release month there are forza 4, assassin's creed, call of, disgaea, bf5, RDR2, etc. Different sort of games but players don't have unlimited money, and i wonder what they will choose. I hope Soul Calibur 6 will perform... It's my only AAA purchase of the year (and of course i love the serie... enough to forget Hitman 2 next month XD ).

I think this is part of the reason why they need to release more female characters... to spread out its competitiveness and make it more unique. Idc if the rest look overly-waifu-ready... let's just get some sales in.

The interesting thing is the under-performance maybe due to Tira DLC fiasco, yet I wouldn't be surprised if zero of the higher-ups / marketing team feel responsible for low sales in such a case and would just place blame elsewhere.

SoulCalibur VI will do well even with the Tira Day 1 DLC backlash. I wish Tira wasn't announced 2 months before the game is out. I hope Project Soul listens to the backlash and make her free DLC.

Or do something else to compensate like give an extra character in Season Pass 1, give out some other free DLC, make Season Pass 1 cheaper (the last one is extremely unlikely)

Last edited:
They already have a big selling point in the two complete and deep story modes, one for the main cast, and one for your original character, coming off the selling point SoulCalibur already has in arguably having the best customization available in the genre. It appears to be a complete experience for those looking at it from a singleplayer or multiplayer perspective, because they have new mechanics for new folks as well as bringing back some advanced mechanics for old folks. The story soft rebooted the timeline, so it's a great entry point for new players in that way, too, so they don't feel like they're getting in the middle of something that they'd be behind on, if they care about the lore of the series. It may say six on the box, but this is effectively a one again when it comes to the story.

All that gets people in, and once they're already in, what can get them to spend more money? Buying female characters, of course. They don't need to give anything away for free, as there seems to be plenty of content in the game already. Female characters will likely sell a lot more than male characters, so having all the DLC being female characters, it's really a smart business decision. Evidenced by the fact that so many people are wanting them to be added to be base roster, they can see that people really want them. It's a "risky" move, perhaps, by "making people spend money on what should be in the game already", but odds are, if people really want the characters, they'll buy them anyway, despite complaining. This makes money, which makes the game successful in the eyes of the higher-ups. This is what needs to happen if SoulCalibur is to live.

Looks like Azwel gets his own story mode.

By the way, do we know if these sequences are voiced?

Edit: Whoops, I intended to post this in the SC6 general discussion thread.

Attachments

• aswel1_EN_1535367814.jpg
    aswel1_EN_1535367814.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 78
Last edited:
Back