Soulcalibur VI General Roster Speculation Thread

SoulCalibur VI: which 3 characters do you most hope for?

• A brand new character

• Amy

• Cassandra

• Hilde

• Hwang/Yunsung and/or Lizardman

• Rock

• Setsuka

• Viola

• Z.W.E.I.

• Other: Abyss, Algol, Dampierre, Elysium, Leixia, Li Long, Patroklos, etc.

Results are only viewable after voting.
While it would be cool to have Sanjiegun in the game I'd rather Li Long to have double nunchucks and also serve as a nice contrast to Maxi.

It may be able to serve as a contrast to Maxi but it can also be something that takes away from Maxi's uniqueness. Why play someone with a single of pair of nunchucks when you can play somebody who dual-wields a pair of two bladed nunchucks? It wouldn't take away from Maxi in a gameplay perspective but it does take away from Maxi in an aesthetic point of view. It makes Maxi's style appear like an downgrade in comparison.

This why I always point to Li Long and because in the European version of Soul Blade, they had to censor nunchucks by making Li Long's weapon appear like a small and awkward looking three-section staff. Li Long was technically the first three-section staff user depending on which part of the world you played Soul Blade.

Also, it always looks amazing to see the three-section staff used in martial arts videos. Bandai Namco should really add this weapon in.

It may be able to serve as a contrast to Maxi but it can also be something that takes away from Maxi's uniqueness. Why play someone with a single of pair of nunchucks when you can play somebody who dual-wields a pair of two bladed nunchucks? It wouldn't take away from Maxi in a gameplay perspective but it does take away from Maxi in an aesthetic point of view. It makes Maxi's style appear like an downgrade in comparison.

Nah it doesn't for the simple reason that these are different takes rather than one being an upgrade on the other. It's like Sonic and Knuckles, one being speed while the other being about power. We have already seen this with Maxi and Li Long in SC3AE just by looking at their stances and movements. Maxi flows like air while Li Long is stern like a rock. This is what I mean by contrast.

This why I always point to Li Long and because in the European version of Soul Blade, they had to censor nunchucks by making Li Long's weapon appear like a small and awkward looking three-section staff. Li Long was technically the first three-section staff user depending on which part of the world you played Soul Blade.

I'm from the UK, I'm well aware of the censorship of nunchucks as I saw it myself edited out of media and remember the day it was lifted as I brought Enter the Dragon uncut on VHS. I understand the point of view but honestly would prefer the Sanjiegun on a new character.

Setsuna could be pretty nice, a dual-chakram style with magic? Sign me up.

IaF9lAD.png

Trust me, I want to see Setsuka, Hilde, Z.W.E.I, Viola, Yun Seong and Aeon (with his two axes) too, but these three seem to have the highest chances of being the remaining characters.

I think Amy, Cass and Hwang have a good chance of being our remaining characters, because Amy and Cass have been completely redesigned (we know this artist didn't meaninglessly give them new designs, he could've easily given them their old designs instead), not to mention that both Amy and Hwang have models in Libra of Souls, while Cassandra doesn't have one.

Possible DLC characters for Season 1.jpg S1 - possible DLC #2 .png S1 - possible DLC #3.png

Thirdly, I'm sure I'm not the only who thinks it was suspicious of that Bamco manager to stop playing Sophitia's story mode the moment he saw Cassandra during this past livestream (even though she's not an unlockable character).

I also think having Geralt as a guest is enough, because where missing quite a few SC characters.

It's possible that they might reveal Lizardman, Edge Master (also has a model in LoS) or even the Hero king/Algol (he gets mentioned in Zas's story and in the Museum with the other characters I've mentioned) as DLC characters , but I really don't want to see this happen (they should make the remaining favorite, popular characters DLC to help boost their sales).

Whoever they may be, I hope they have good characters planned as DLC and not undesirable nor random/wildcard characters.

Last edited:
That's almost every standard characters to make the roster perfect (you forgot Hilde). The addition of Yun-Seong alongside Hwang would be cool though. He can keep his old moveset but with a different weapon to differentiate himself from Hwang. He could be given a one-handed Korean Sword, which is visually closer to a Japanese Katana than a Chinese Sword, instead.

A reworked Li Long is also something I want to see. It would be cool to see him use a bladed three-section staff. As for Aeon, I really hope they give him a good mix of his SoulCalibur IV and SoulCalibur V moveset. He could use Dual Ax to further differentiate him but with his lizard stances and unique Lizardman moves from previous games.
My personal “perfect” Aeon would be this
-Shield+Axe
-SCV A+B and his BBB but the shield bashes on the third hit
-lizard stances, and add in the rolling attacks from V, as well as the 88K grab they gave him (maybe have it combo into his unique grab from 3-4?)
-design similar to either his SCIII 1-2p costume, or his SC2 1-2P.

Basically a perfect mesh of 3-4 Lizardman and every non-flying based move from SCV that added the lizard-like traits. I’m already imagining the great combo potential.

So that Hwang model, are those items in CaS? the headband and top. Amy's is consistent with her new design but Hwang's doesn't look like it fits him.
Edit: I noticed Amy's hair model doesnt match the new design either, guessing it's her old hair?
Well i checked it and the headband is not in the game, but the top is.

Last edited:
So that Hwang model, are those items in CaS? the headband and top. Amy's is consistent with her new design but Hwang's doesn't look like it fits him.
Kind of yes, kind of no. His hair isn't in-game, and the headband would require a special equipment for the triangle fold. And while he is wearing the Noble Garment, they're cheating with the colors, because the collar's color is also the color of the stitching on the right shoulder as well as the sleeve inner color, so they should also be purple in the model that is seen, but they aren't.

I'm not in hurry to buy season pass tbh unless first dlc will be Setsuka, Zwei or some ivy CaS from past games.

Well It's official..Vergeben was misleading us
Or he just went with what information he could get, or he was only making educated guesses like the rest of us, and the only real leak he ever had was about Grøh, and maybe Azwel, though he was wrong about Azwel being Grøh's father, if he got his information from voice acting line reads, I could see why that could be misunderstood. There's a lot of possibilities. He's been silent for a long time, so that doesn't really bode well for his legitimacy.

Or he just went with what information he could get, or he was only making educated guesses like the rest of us, and the only real leak he ever had was about Grøh, and maybe Azwel, though he was wrong about Azwel being Grøh's father, if he got his information from voice acting line reads, I could see why that could be misunderstood. There's a lot of possibilities. He's been silent for a long time, so that doesn't really bode well for his legitimacy.

If you don't have something real to leak, it's even worse to "leak" fake info.

What a waste of time his stuff has been.

I'm just wondering if they are following the tekken formula with the first season pass of Guests, and then future passes of veterans.

though if 2B goes in the middle, then it makes sense for veterans to be on the bottom left and right

Back