Soulcalibur VI Petition

Do you support an update for SCV and/or SC6?

• Yes

Votes: 249 97.3%
  • No

Votes: 7 2.7%

• Total voters
Hey guys. So, after looking at all the updates and releases they have been doing for Tekken, DOA, SF, Smash, Lost Swords, etc, I figured that it's about time WE (the main SCV make) get something as well. They have time to create swimsuits and thongs for Pyrrha, they should have time to put DLC characters or patches as well.

With that said, I would like to get the entirety of what's known as the Soulcalibur community and tweet to @hoshino_calibur, @Harada_TEKKEN, @JKartje or Namco for a patch, update, or DLC to the mainstream game. We deserve some support as well. I know the French, German, and Japanese community are willing to support this too once this "movement" gets started. You can tweet for a whole new game if you want, the point of this is to speak up for something, unless you're all ok with letting Lost Swords have everything.

Namco can ignore a few people, even a handful, but they can't ignore an entire community across countries reaching out to them for this. Will you guys support this?

Geez, at this rate by the time I'll be a senior, I should expect to see Soul Calibur 19, right?

Enough is enough. This generation of games I feel like it's 90% sequels that are on their 5th, 6th or 7th games by now.

The only upcoming games that interest me are brand new IPs.

Say what you like about Soul Calibur V. but it's a worthy entry amidst the franchise, and an elegant reboot of the series.
For all of you who are nostalgic followers of the early releases, I recommend you rethink the slander because there will never be another to take it's place.

Push for VI. I beg this community.

Say what you like about Soul Calibur V. but it's a worthy entry amidst the franchise, and an elegant reboot of the series.
For all of you who are nostalgic followers of the early releases, I recommend you rethink the slander because there will never be another to take it's place.

Push for VI. I beg this community.
I can't tell if you're being sarcastic referring to SCV as an "elegant reboot". It's as far away from that as you can get.

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic referring to SCV as an "elegant reboot". It's as far away from that as you can get.

9a82409fd1760b48c4f5758600f92029.png

your opinions give me PTSD

Okay, so let me get this straight.
You don't believe that they took it back to basics and focused solely on the online multiplayer, for any reason other than to sabotage the reputation it had thus far?
I guarantee their efforts at the moment, with all of the Online adaptations, are still a ply to accomodate more to SCV's foundations.

My underline point being, if Soul Calibur ceases, that will be a hard gap to fill.

Okay, so let me get this straight.
You don't believe that they took it back to basics and focused solely on the online multiplayer, for any reason other than to sabotage the reputation it had thus far?
I guarantee their efforts at the moment, with all of the Online adaptations, are still a ply to accomodate more to SCV's foundations.

My underline point being, if Soul Calibur ceases, that will be a hard gap to fill.
That may not have been the original intention, but it certainly did that all the same. SC has become a joke in the gaming community, it may have an even worse reputation than DOA at this point. We'll see if SCVI can save it.

That may not have been the original intention, but it certainly did that all the same. SC has become a joke in the gaming community, it may have an even worse reputation than DOA at this point. We'll see if SCVI can save it.
The problem is the uncanny need to compare!
I've spent hours on the SC series and found that SCV was no exception.

The only problems, are the lack of single player game modes, the storyline, and their efforts to lessen the clones in the roster.
The Online was great, the gameplay felt heavier, opposed to slippery; the characters where more diverse and the Gauge system kept combat closer... Even the soundtracks where (from lack of a better word) epic.
I would imagine, reintroducing characters (insert preference here) and a handful of game modes, would be all you could hope for/ want...

I would much rather a "Disappointing" sequel right now, instead of the previous Gen's p2p.

I'm really curious, seriously. At least they know it's not perfect (and be damned those who claim otherwise).

Yet I do hope that indeed our series is not dead... And that they won't finish it off with the next installment!

Curious John is curious.

I don't believe that the series is ending anytime soon.
It's popular,the second most successful fighting game series made by Namco,is it not?
And with Lost swords,unbreakable soul,and SCII HD online being released less than one year ago;i doubt it's anywhere near it's end.
We'll for sure get an announcement in the upcoming days or weeks anyways :).

Last edited:
It's popular,the second most successful fighting game made by Namco,is it not?
No its not: throughout each iteration SC2 (not talk'n HD here) sold approx 2.83 million copies, SC4 sold ~2.3 million and SC5 sold a million less than its predecessor which is ~1.56 million. So that makes it 3rd.

Source SC4 & SC5: http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming...o-bandai-stays-healthy-in-the-console-market/, http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2013/...isses-sales-target-soul-calibur-5-doing-fine/, http://www.gamewatcher.com/news/2013-06-02-soulcalibur-v-sales-weaker-than-soulcalibur-iv

Source SC2: http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=SoulCalibur II&publisher=&platform=&genre=&minSales=0&results=200

My soul still burns so this definitely gets my vote! I personally loved SCV but it feels wrong not having another one while other fighting franchises are already brewing their next projects for next-gen debuts. The tale of souls and swords definitely needs retelling.... I'd even take an upgraded PS4 port of SCV at this point with extra bells and whistles of Lost Swords thrown in for good measure.

Anyway, i voted and will spread the good word to my Australian brethren to do the same. Goodluck all!

You really need to get a friend and train with them. Let the do combos on you, stun combos. You can't escape ALL stun combos but you will notice some stuns are called "recoverable stun" hence you can recover from it.
Thats why they are called recoverable stun combo & others are called stun combos, as well as ukemi combos. Ive only mentioned stun combos as in the ones that are guaranteed damage, not optional ones. Others mentioning other type of combos are not my doing nor my point or argument. Which in any case would seem like putting words into the context of what i was explaining, which has nothing to do with those outside of topic suggestions, for what ever reason they felt in doing so.

And we already played vs, so you got a taste of my rusted skills (cause i rarely play sc5 nowdays), & i got a taste of your combo-only-style. I rarely to never did combos yet i out efficient you in all rounds, minor lag included i was still able to guard most of your rarely used lows, which i encouraged you to use more often vs me cause its ok vs me, i can adapt. Still, nice to meet you :) & we still gotta play sc4 & sc2.

Sc6 needs what street fighter & tekken games have that makes them that popular whatever that is, & is not in sc5 for sure.
I say away with the "16th century" stuff, & make sc6 a new fresh stuff even if it ends up as complete fantasy (as in, unrelated to earth history) .
In the end, what makes a fighting good-to-great is its competitive crowds of players who buy & play a lot & good enough to support sponsored event like the capcom cup, etc.

Last edited:
Sc6 needs what street fighter & tekken games have that makes them that popular whatever that is, & is not in sc5 for sure.
Turning SC6 into a SF or Tekken clone would kill the franchise. The brand name is what makes those games sell, and significantly changing SC's direction would only serve to alienate the audience it already has (which is significant enough that it consistently outpaced its contemporary 3D fighter competition in tournament attendance).

One doesn't compete with Coca-Cola by selling the same drink with a different label.

Sc5's hype after game's release went down like in a month or two. Same with sc3 & sc4.

One doesn't compete with Coca-Cola by selling the same drink with a different label.
That's pretty much what sc games are to themselves. Sc3 now with stun combo flavors. Sc4 same flavor with three calories of starwars. Sc5 same but even sweetened with creed sugar & less three calories of starwars.

On top of, sc5 having meter IS namco's way to lure in 2D fighting players? So they kinda already tried what i said.

Like, where sc's ORIGINAL soulcharge mechanics? Scrapped.

Since Sc3, sc game have been less like sc & more like other fighting games with extended or focused on combos.

They only forgot to make the game more intetesting story-visual-character wise. Cause they can't apparently, they out-did themselves.

Unless they do a dream game out of sc like the TTT games, sc's apparent's 1st month hype might end up same as sc3 sc4 & sc5.

I mean, they put out server space that never got full, let alone occupied at least.

Sc's story, irrelevant. Sc's gameplay, relevant.

It could anything story-visual-charater wise & it would still be like sc games as long as it features on-the-fly-fully 3d 8wr mobility, weapons & soulcharge.

Like somone's early post says "i want sc6, NOT a super sc5". Which is kinda what sc4 felt like from Sc3. Sc4 was super sc3. :P with three calories of starwars.

Sc6 would rock if its as fast & raw to weapon combat as sc2 still is compared to sc1's reincarnations: sc3, 4 & 5.

:D I WANT SC6, NOT SUPER SC5!

C'mon sing it! :D

Last edited:
Actually, i want superSC5, but SC6: +/-timeskip,+core characters,=SC5 fighting mechanics( i liked it very much) with some tweaks and additions (and nesseserly buff GI and nerf JG), +story that makes sense(or at least not something that added just to be added, without any caring of quality of content), + better netcode(it's always needs an improvement), + tournament mode for online (host creates scheme of fights and can spectate any of them), + update for CAS, =some of new characters(Pat,ZWEI and Viola can stay here and, probably, Pyrrha if she will be different enough from Sophitia).
[+ add, - remove, =stay in the game, +/- correct it, but no need to completely remove]
But there is nothing wrong, if they try something like "back to the roots(=back to SC2 fighting mechanics)", but, still, i would've preffered SC5 as base for new game, not SC2.
UPDATE: probably, some sort of combination of both could be perfect decision, but i dunno how this can be implemented.

Last edited:
Thats why they are called recoverable stun combo & others are called stun combos, as well as ukemi combos. Ive only mentioned stun combos as in the ones that are guaranteed damage, not optional ones. Others mentioning other type of combos are not my doing nor my point or argument. Which in any case would seem like putting words into the context of what i was explaining, which has nothing to do with those outside of topic suggestions, for what ever reason they felt in doing so.

And we already played vs, so you got a taste of my rusted skills (cause i rarely play sc5 nowdays), & i got a taste of your combo-only-style. I rarely to never did combos yet i out efficient you in all rounds, minor lag included i was still able to guard most of your rarely used lows, which i encouraged you to use more often vs me cause its ok vs me, i can adapt. Still, nice to meet you :) & we still gotta play sc4 & sc2.

I say away with the "16th century" stuff, & make sc6 a new fresh stuff even if it ends up as complete fantasy (as in, unrelated to earth history) .
In the end, what makes a fighting good-to-great is its competitive crowds of players who buy & play a lot & good enough to support sponsored event like the capcom cup, etc.
Well all stun based combos are recoverable and escapable at some point during the combo :)

Wow, on my end their was major lag, I even let my partner have a go at some point and he also could not play properly aha! Well since we played I have played other people, in lag too, and this is how I play at the moment
(this was in lag, obviously I'm Pyrrha -DarkxxSpark- I haven't played Soulcalibur since this video ether). I just personally can't play properly in lag, thus why I lost so much, and like I told you at the time, I don't like doing "random moves" as to me it looks spammy and nooby, although their is nothing wrong with playing like that I just don't like it. But, as you should see from that video I have started to do more "random moves" now so I have improved in that area. If we where to have no lag at all you would see how much better I am aha! I also just hate grabs and too many lows (which you did a lot which I didn't like -once again just my opinion though-) which is why I didn't ever do them, although now I use them a little but not loads as I don't like it. Everyone plays differently though, as for you winning all the time by doing what you do, and me losing doing what I do, I am much better without the lag (as I said, it was very laggy on my end) I will try and upload videos of my fights (also just look at my replays on SCV) and you will see that the way I fight is also successful :) It was nice fighting you though.

Live streams

18 Viewers
noxdeanoctis
noxdeanoctis
Good morning for some SC!
11 Viewers
SavageDrumming
SavageDrumming
Rift Losses XD [1691/2000] ~ !youtube !discord
3 Viewers
alfavego7
alfavego7
czas na soul salibourVI z @vego_97 kto będzie lepszy? :D
1 Viewers
ApolloXXXCreed
ApolloXXXCreed
[EN] [XBOX] for one to gain another has to lose /Grinding...

This week's events

SoulCalibur VI EVO Japan side event
Ariake GYM-EX, Tokyo (Tokyo Big Site)
3-chōme-11-1 Ariake, Koto City, Tokyo 135-0063, Japan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luca9974
Back