Spawn and Heihachi Going Multi-Platform for SC2HD!

• Admin
So we already know that Soulcalibur 2 will be coming to PSN and XBL in a few months; but we never knew the state of the guest characters from that series. On the Playstation 2, we had Heihachi, on the Xbox we had Spawn; and both consoles had Necrid. Would the same be for PSN and XBL? Would these characters remain as console exclusives?

Well according to a report from Siliconera, both characters will be available on both versions! This begs the quesiton, how will this affect tournaments? In the past, they were banned because they were console-exclusives; but now that exclusivity is gone. Since both characters are now available to everybody, should be allow them? Necrid too? Sadly, Link from the Gamecube version of the game remains absent from this downloadable release.

sc2_online_01.jpg sc2_online_02.jpg sc2_online_03.jpg sc2_online_04.jpg sc2_online_05.jpg sc2_online_06.jpg sc2_online_07.jpg sc2_online_08.jpg sc2_online_09.jpg sc2_online_10.jpg sc2_online_11.jpg sc2_online_12.jpg sc2_online_13.jpg sc2_online_14.jpg sc2_online_15.jpg sc2_online_16.jpg sc2_online_17.jpg sc2_online_18.jpg sc2_online_19.jpg sc2_online_20.jpg sc2_online_21.jpg sc2_online_22.jpg sc2_online_23.jpg sc2_online_24.jpg sc2_online_25.jpg sc2_online_26.jpg sc2_online_27.jpg sc2_online_28.jpg sc2_online_29.jpg sc2_online_30.jpg sc2_online_31.jpg sc2_online_32.jpg sc2_online_33.jpg sc2_online_34.jpg sc2_online_35.jpg sc2_online_36.jpg sc2_online_37.jpg sc2_online_38.jpg sc2_online_39.jpg sc2_online_40.jpg sc2_online_41.jpg sc2_online_42.jpg sc2_online_43.jpg sc2_online_44.jpg sc2_online_45.jpg sc2_online_46.jpg sc2_online_47.jpg sc2_online_48.jpg sc2_online_49.jpg sc2_online_50.jpg

Last edited:
Jason Axelrod

Jason Axelrod

Owner and Operator of 8WAYRUN
You have Heihachi and Spawn, but you don't bother to include Link? Almost criminal that... Nintendo must be the culprits. Greedy people.

I have lost a lot of respect for Nintendo over the last year. I went from being a fan to becoming a hater. I don't think I will ever want to buy anything Nintendo again. Fire Emblem will tempt me, but that is about it.

Anyone know any good F-Zero clones? I miss that franchise. Yes I know this is semi off topic.

So the so called new producer of SC tweeted this:
auスマートパス向けアプリケーション「ソウルキャリバー」の配信を開始しました!総勢19キャラクター全ての演武も再現! 格闘ゲーム向けにチューニングされた新しいバーチャルパッドを搭載しボタンレイアウトも思いのまま!高精彩なグラフィックでauスマートパスに遂に登場!
Which translated into (Via Google translator) :
I started the delivery au smart path for application of "Soul Calibur"! Demonstration of all 19 characters total of even reproduce! Left button layout at will It is equipped with a new virtual pad tuned for fighting game! It finally appeared in au smart path in graphic high-brilliance!

Have no idea what he's talking about exactly but it's Soul Calibur related.

So the so called new producer of SC tweeted this:

Which translated into (Via Google translator) :
I started the delivery au smart path for application of "Soul Calibur"! Demonstration of all 19 characters total of even reproduce! Left button layout at will It is equipped with a new virtual pad tuned for fighting game! It finally appeared in au smart path in graphic high-brilliance!

Have no idea what he's talking about exactly but it's Soul Calibur related.
Last month he tweeted something related to pokemon, but then immediately deleted. =D

Honedge in SC6? lol
Pokemon-Honedge-626x347.jpg

I don't give a single fuck about Link not being in the game so far. He's a Nintendo exclusive, and that is the way it should stay. Nintendo would never, in their right mind, allow one of their flagship characters on another console anyway. Certain "fans" need to learn to stop feeling entitled and deal with it.

Here's the thing though vulcan, back during the SC II days you know that everybody and their grandma was playing soulcalibur. You could walk up to any group of young people and say "SoulCalibur Two?" and they would all start laughing and stuff automatically because they played it/ knew somebody who was nuts about it too. I know, I used to do it. The series has never recaptured the sort of popularity it enjoyed since SC II.

You make a lot of great points really, it would be better if those "fans" got over their entitlement, but that's unlikely to happen. And it's doubtful link will be allowed to the party. However I for one would be overjoyed if Link showed up. not because I think anybody is entitled to his presence but because I'd love for SC to be that popular again. If it takes Link for that to happen, I really don't care nor mind. You or I may not care about Link one way or the other but there are a lot of people who do, and I don't really care if they show up for the right or the wrong reasons, I just want them to show up. This re-release of the game would sell that many more copies and maybe some of those people will be reminded that this thing called soul calibur exists and check out SC V (now available for a song). Both of these things would help us get a SC VI, which is probably a good thing. It would be better if Namco didn't treat the game like a red-headed step child, but it's probably asking too much for that to happen. For now, it's enough for them to keep putting food in front of it's freckly face.

It's a moot point anyway. It's probably not going to happen, but I wouldn't be idealistically opposed.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
isisabraham
Back