Street Fighter 4!

Well I've gotten to the point where it only takes me a few tried to beat Seth on very easy. Does anyone know how to get those extra outfits though? I'd really like to get more than just the few the download pack gives you.

i got it, I sucked first time through seth was so hard on normal difficulty it took me ages to beat him... i nearly threw my controller at the tv, now i can beat him without to much hassle with certain characters ^^

loving akumas ultra ^^ im also liking the look of sakura i havent really looked at frame data etc etc or worked out/looked up massive combo's yet but she seems rather uber.

is there a forum like this one for sf4 with combo's frame data etc?

ST = Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo
HDR = Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD Remix

The thing about Seth is that he will be pretty easy to beat in the first round but then become harder in round 2 since he will use the rest of his moveset on you. When you beat him, he will fall to the ground and turn dark, then beat yo ass.

You can also put it on easiest and set the rounds to 1 if you really, really need to.

And go here and look under SF4. I don't know where they keep frame there since I don't visit the forum.

http://forums.shoryuken.com/

I'm still very against the difficult characters vs easy characters. New fighters are pulling away from that and creating different directions for characters, yes...but the new philosophy on fighters is aimed towards when to use the move...not how to do the move. This also make balance better.

Lets take soul calibur...performing 90% of the moves at a needed time is easy. Skill comes in covering the last 10% and then timing. This makes it so a beginner can dive right in and feel competent, while it gives the experts room to perfect.

Now SF4...Pulling Ryu or Ken style roll moves is VERY easy at a needed time...especially for stick players. Charge characters are pretty easy to with the buffering...but other characters are pretty exclusive to hardcore it feels. Mastering Zangiefs throws, much less his ultra, are going to take a lot more effort.

Now intricate is different than difficult to control. Ivy for the most part isn't really hard. Her moves are as simple as anyone elses and really it just comes down to memorizing stance shifts and pressing them during a move. Besides her 2 very hard to do throws she just takes getting used to. While I can easily argue that the 2 throws are a bit unfair when it comes to inputs...they aren't necessary to her overall strategy...however with Zangief, he relies on those throws and he relies on them coming out when you need them. I feel a good example of intricate is Gen. His moves are very easy, but require good timing, execution, and coherent stance shifting.

SF2HD was a better for what it was. Now I like SF4, but in terms of controls and audio it's below SF2HD.

And...beating Seth is becoming a lot easier since i found his weaknesses.

You can also put it on easiest and set the rounds to 1 if you really, really need to.

That's what I did(well I had it on very easy for most of them as I didn't realize there was a level lower)

not trying to bust my balls for the unlocks before I get to the meat of the game in VS.

and doing it that way got me every single character in a few hours. Including Seth.

Now I'm just looking for matches online to get better with Abel.

Be more than happy to play anyone here

Having a few issues understanding frame data for this and what's a Target combo???

Here's Chun-Li's Frame data: Click me!

Now scroll down to see it...it has columns for adv.blk and adv.hit...what is this? How is it different than normal hitstun and block stun? And what's that notation on cancel ability mean?

Also how do I change music?!? I really dislike the soundtrack...and i want to use the HD instead

And lastly...I just unlocked Dan but had to rush to work...so can't play him till tonight. Is he a legit character? I know he's the joke of the game...but is he actually viable...or just a bad Ken/Ryu all around for fun and mocking?

And what's that notation on cancel ability mean?

id like to know that to, a lot of combos seem to rely on cancel mid way through into something else. i have no idea what they mean by that, is it mp+mk during the move, or do you just input the next move to cancel the previous?

I have trouble pulling off "linking" combos. Right now I'm stuck with Rose's c.lp, c.lp, c.lp xx lk Soul Spiral xx Super. Any one have any idea? I was thinking it involved negative edging or something..but no avail.

Oh and as Rose, Balrog rapes my ass wide open. Any tips? :(

Malice, it's a MadCatz product. NEVER buy/ even think about getting MadCatz products. Anyways i'm getting a copy this week and I'm entering the Gamestop Tourny (hopefully). Anyone else joining?

I have to fighting pads there pretty decent and havent noticed any errors in it. So far so good

akumas special is gay ... its a great noob killer but really if you know what your doing you can jump it even at close range where it looks like there is no chance to aviod, stupid stop animation before the grab.. so depressed... or maybe i just suck and need to find the right set up for it..

looks like im going to main sakura ..

i think sc4 has ruined my sf skills :(

e-boner ... rofl...

I have trouble pulling off "linking" combos. Right now I'm stuck with Rose's c.lp, c.lp, c.lp xx lk Soul Spiral xx Super. Any one have any idea? I was thinking it involved negative edging or something..but no avail.

Oh and as Rose, Balrog rapes my ass wide open. Any tips? :(

Which part are you having trouble with? (I haven't got the game yet). Pretty much, you need to make sure you can do the qcb k, qcfx2 p consistently, which should just be doing it really fast.

as for c. lp xx lk, you want to hit c. lp while starting a qcb motion, and hit k as soon as you finish the roll.

And what's that notation on cancel ability mean?
Cancel is something common in 2d fighters where you are able to skip animation frames by executing a certain move, usually a super, special, or jump. Pretty much, its just do the action as soon as you do the move you want to cancel (in most cases there's only a small window in the beginning of move when you are allowed to cancel so you have to be fast). Most combos require you to cancel, otherwise there is too much recovery for you to start and connect the next move.

Jesus...I can't believe how difficult the basics of this game are...I just tried doing the first few levels of trial and I'm struggling like hell with the basic interrupts. The inputs all feel like JFs in SCIV...and I'm like how the fuck do you do all this shit that fast and accurate...and know it's going to be safe to commit the inputs?!?

I think my dream of Evo SF2:Hd and SF4 have just gone up in smoke and I'll have to rely on my SCIV Ivy winning the whole thing. Lol I can't understand Street Fighter mechanics to save my life.

So how does one consistently pull of 270's / 360's from standing without jumping?

I can do the throws on landing (easy peasy) and on guard (sometimes) but not from just standing there neutral.

Any tips?

-

I'd also like to add that Rufus is fucking awesome! (Though his voice actor sucks assssssssssssssssss)

Back