Taki's Replacement Revealed?!

• Admin
This week Daishi has been teasing that he might do an early reveal of one of the two silhouettes posted about a week ago. He's been asking which of the two silhouettes people want to see most, and today he gives us an early look at a brand new female character!

new character.jpg

Daishi has been rather glib on whether or not Taki would be returning. However, with the reveal of this character, it can be assumed that Taki may only play a secondary role in Soul Calibur 5.

Thanks Daishi! Comic Con 2011 is only a week away, stay tuned for the next reveal!

I highly doubt Daishi will receive hotmail cuz of Dis Blonde hair, Brown Eyes.
I love her replacement design thus far.
Taki design was more Serious , more Warrior Type.
Replacement design is my Fun looking, and Inexperience. Im guessing throws will look more like flipping of her opponent as apposed to Taki stabbing her opponents..
I FXCKING LOVE TAKI AND NOW N LOVE WITH HER REPLACEMENT!

IM COMPLETELY DISSAPOINTED! I LOVE TAKI, SHES MY MAIN BC OF HOW BASSASS SHE IS WITH HER PERSONALITY AND HER FIGHTING STYLE!!!!!!!!! shes been in the game since the begining almost and now shes being taken out, well then who is suposed to kill rugi, like why bring back rugi if ur not bringing setsuka or taki back, thats really lame!

Though there is a major similarity in costume...very likely she is directly tied to Taki, perhaps an apprentice or of the same clan or something (I don't know Taki's background spare some Demon hunting tidbits)

this chick is cool looking and all.....but Taki?! You can't be replacing someone whos been a part of Soul Calibur since the first game! wah! :(

I don't know. I'm not impressed.... Taki's design is so much better. I hope she won't replace her!
She is replacing Taki. The post on Facebook said so, and I'm not to happy about it either! Taki was one of my most favorite characters and I'm no to happy about her being replaced! That being said OMG I can't wait to play this because I have been wanting a new one v one fighter for such a LONG time and SC is one of my favs!!!

I highly doubt Daishi will receive hotmail cuz of Dis Blonde hair, Brown Eyes.
Oh yeah? check the facebook, I beg to differ, lol.
And idk why people be trippin, there is a slight chance that they might bring Taki back but don't want to say right now.
But in case they don't, people should have expected SOME of the old roster had to go because of the 17 year time gap difference. I, for one, am excited for this game and I cannot wait to see the entire roster!

Oh yeah? check the facebook, I beg to differ, lol.
And idk why people be trippin, there is a slight chance that they might bring Taki back but don't want to say right now.
But in case they don't, people should have expected SOME of the old roster had to go because of the 17 year time gap difference. I, for one, am excited for this game and I cannot wait to see the entire roster!

Lol.. Guess so. But ppl jus need to understand da 17yrs gap.
Dey just immature and cry about the little things. Dey even BXTCHED about the Logo.. Ppl need to get over themselves.

but, "IM SO FXCKING EXCITED!!!"

I think there hasn't been an official word that this is THE Taki replacement per se, although it's very highly possible. Isn't it still possible that this is a Taki "clone"? I mean, we already have Pat+Phyrra combo, so why not Taki+Spunki (my code name for the new chick)? yeah, double-cross those fingers boys, all of em :D

Lol.. Guess so. But ppl jus need to understand da 17yrs gap.
Dey just immature and cry about the little things. Dey even BXTCHED about the Logo.. Ppl need to get over themselves.

but, "IM SO FXCKING EXCITED!!!"
I totally agree with you. I just think it's rude how people keep saying "fuck you namco" when we are even lucky to get another SC game.... I still feel like this is just only the beginning and there's still A LOT to be revealed. I don't see why having two ninjas in the game would hurt. :P

PS: And I KNOW that the title on the facebook/twitter account was "Taki's Replacement".....but one NEVER knows. I still say they might go the Capcom route and bring her back through DLC later when the game comes out.

Actually...you know what, let me correct myself. I just doubled checked on the Facebook account and it says "Taki's replacement revealed? New ninja character!", that doesn't even mean that Taki is even replaced....there's a "?" at the end of that and it also says "NEW ninja character!" So for all we know...this could be Taki's apprentice/ relative/ clan member or some shit.
There's still a chance that Taki is going to come back.
As far as the twitter one comes it says "This was the one that collected more votes. See for yourselves!"
This also doesn't prove that Taki is going to be replaced.

SERIOUSLY WHO WOULD WIN IN A FIGHT
taki-sc3blue.jpg
OR
new-character-jpg.5485

NEW Generation looks like a weak kid friendly punk to Me. Kid friendly NINJA. TMNT is more hardcore than this. Im not even a Taki Fan; but, a NINJA Fan.
.........NINJA PLEASE.........
images

.....but one NEVER knows. I still say they might go the Capcom route and bring her back through DLC later when the game comes out.

oh snap, there goes Taki. at least I wasn't a fan of Taki. a fan of her boobs though. shame. But,... I highly doubt listening to fans to decide DLC is Namco SOP... but hey, if it is I'm happy as long as it's not too expensive

EDIT: okay Tag, there is hope after all? :D

Like the art style and design. Don't really care that her hair is blonde, even if it is a culture clash (this is Soul Calibur, we're talking of here, the land of demon swords and hula-hoops).

If I had to tweak anything, I'd change her happy-go-lucky smile into Taki's more serious-looking pose. The smile makes her look too much of your typical anime teeny-bopper.

Look, I understand the 17 year age gap, but that doesn't explain why they would replace Taki and not Ivy. Ivy was already old to begin with; I say just let her go.
Sure, Taki would be older, too, I get that, but really? If they're not bringing her back or making her DLC, they shouldn't be keeping Ivy. How will there be MitsurugixTaki love without a Taki?

EDIT: okay Tag, there is hope after all? :D
There could be! So far they've been teasing the hell out of us. So I don't see why they wouldn't want to fuck with the Taki fans heads and make it SEEM like they are replacing her.
We'll just have to wait and see, but I just think some people need to relax and not jump the gun too fast. As I said before, there's still A LOT of time to reveal everything.

Relax Taki Drones!!! This is just concept art. She will probably look at little different in the actual game. And who's to say TAKI (who i do love as well) wont be in the game also. This ninja girl might have similar weapons to Taki but might have a totally different fighting style than her. Like Rock and AST, Kilik and Mina, etc. Just relax and go with it for now.

This week's events

SoulCalibur VI EVO Japan side event
Ariake GYM-EX, Tokyo (Tokyo Big Site)
3-chōme-11-1 Ariake, Koto City, Tokyo 135-0063, Japan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luca9974
Back