Talim in SCVI: Move Study & Analysis

This move list looks awesome. She kept most good stuff from SC4. Particularly happy with the old 33_99 B:B, WC throw and AS A+K.

One questtion.
What is Air Rage A? Is it something even remotely similar to SC4 WL A? Thanks.

Talim is back and I'm sure most of the Talim purest will be happy with what you get. She's fast but not the fastest compared to Xianghua and blood Seong Mina is ridiculous. Damage output is similar as well, you will need to work for your wins.
I was really rusty at it given I haven't played her in years so the main trouble I found was simply closing the gap. WS A+B is good but doesn't track as much as I could back in SCIV. I fell into a bad habit of doing 33_99A for her spin but ending up doing a string of A's.
I found her strength laid in her Soul Charge, it definitely opens up a large number of new strings and combos. The GB moves are great and continuing to apply the pressure on your opponents.
We had a lot of captured footage but have been asked by Namco to destroy it all so unfortunately I can show you guys any.
I'll try to answer any questions you guys have.
TELL ME MORE ABOUT SEUNG MINA :O

This move list looks awesome. She kept most good stuff from SC4. Particularly happy with the old 33_99 B:B, WC throw and AS A+K.

One questtion.
What is Air Rage A? Is it something even remotely similar to SC4 WL A? Thanks.

Yep Air Rage A is Wind Leap A from SCIV. 4B+K_44B+K is Wind Leap like in the animation and Talim powers up the wind instead of automatically going to Wind Sault like in SCIV.

I'll try to add a description to all her moves, from what i can remember.
You are the man! You have no idea how upset I am that this was out and we didn't get it at Summer Jam!
I'll edit these into the main post later. I can already see where she can be a pain to deal with defensively.

Bloody as in very annoying. Very fast and strong. Good set of moves and some killer pressure GB attacks. I don't play her so I cant comment on her move list but she was very good.
OMG, thanks for the info! But when you say "bloody" do you mean her SC or what? Becase in the trailer, her SC seems fast.

Bloody is just a slang in Australia, it has nothing to do with her SC, it's not a mode or something that you're making it out to be.

So happy to see a move list. Hearing that she still has trouble to close the gap sucks but it does bring back memories where I'd super man punch my way in & hoped I didn't get a sword to the face. Also good to hear about Sung-Mina since she's going to be my secondary

So happy to see a move list. Hearing that she still has trouble to close the gap sucks but it does bring back memories where I'd super man punch my way in & hoped I didn't get a sword to the face. Also good to hear about Sung-Mina since she's going to be my secondary
I mean, that's just how Talim always plays. She's not meant to have super long range, so you have to work to get in, but once she gets in, she should be scary to deal with. Her movelist looks very promising to me so far.

Couple of questions, if you don't mind @Eclair

1B (New Move) - IIRC this is similar to her old 11_33B jump in
Which move was this, again? Is this that 2-hit low in the video vs Groh?
Or is it the same move as her 11_44_77B in this game?

3B - New Move that looks like the end of A+B236A236B - twirls her tonfas and launches on hit. If its on CH then it will launch them behind you.
Finally! Talim has a real launcher, lol. Wonder what you get off of CH 3B if it launches behind... Probably BT K for reverse RO stuff.

11_44_77A+B(Was Talim's old SCII 44B+K)
...Ew.
Hopefully it's not as useless as in SC2, lol.

WS A - still rings out well
Windsault A rings out now? Does it give a combo or something in this game?

FC A+B - You can do the A+B from FC!
The guard break move you mean? Or is this a different FC move?

6K - Old 44K which will ring you out if you're not careful!
11_44_77K(SCIV Version/Also Has 11_77K inputs)
So wait. Her 6K and her 11_44_77K are all the same move? That forward jumping double kick?

I wonder what her SC4 6B input is now that her 6B is her old 4B.
Did FC3BB second hit still launch?

Back