Talim Patch Notes for next Patch

Skiegh

[04] Fighter
If you hit CE in juggles you get all 3 hits before the cinematic. For example do 236B and then CE. If I'm right, that means you could do 236B~CE~6~WNS A+B or something for massive RO potential.
Going from memory, I don't think the second hit of CE picks up particularly high off the ground, so I think with that combo you would likely go flying over them, maybe clipping them slightly. I think more likely you could do WNS-(K) or maybe WNC-B~B.

All really depends on how quickly the second hit can be stance canceled.

Would be nice to get some sort of ringout potential from it, but considering Talim's track record on ring outs, she'll probably just ring herself out first. I am curious about scaling and stuff. She won't be the first character capable of canceling the cinematic, and I wonder if she'll get a higher damage output from it than she would for the normal CE. As it stands now, if you're not low life, her CE is very underwhelming damage-wise. Would lend more credence to using it at higher life thresholds. Don't have to worry about not wasting the "heal" and doing such little damage.

If nothing else, this also means, if she gets a combo from it, that she can circumvent the full screen distance put between her and the opponent on hit, which was the most detrimental thing about her super.

We'll see, I guess. It's going to be stupid regardless. Really, really, really, really stupid. Not a fan of meter mechanics being the buff spot, but... eh...

ZeroEffect317

[13] Hero
Would be nice to get some sort of ringout potential from it, but considering Talim's track record on ring outs, she'll probably just ring herself out first. I am curious about scaling and stuff.
We'll see, I guess. It's going to be stupid regardless. Really, really, really, really stupid. Not a fan of meter mechanics being the buff spot, but... eh...
Well 80% of her patch notes is on fixing self RO issues... so... yeah

And right now, honestly, I don't think CE stance cancel will end up changing all that much about her matchups. (and please, I've heard the "but RE cancel meter gain" argument to death...) But we'll have to wait and see. This is not what I would've done, but it could be fun to play with.

Skiegh

[04] Fighter
Well 80% of her patch notes is on fixing self RO issues... so... yeah

And right now, honestly, I don't think CE stance cancel will end up changing all that much about her matchups. (and please, I've heard the "but RE cancel meter gain" argument to death...) But we'll have to wait and see. This is not what I would've done, but it could be fun to play with.
Well, I stand corrected. The only really decent combo you get from her super on hit is in-fact WNS-A+B. Which surprises me still because they are so low to the ground, but they seem to hover in the air for awhile, so that seems to be why. It can ring out but not particularly far. Still nice to know you can Yolo super near someone at the edge and get a ring out at least. It's very finicky though, so not something you could reliably do. Since they have to be airborne first, you would have to hit with a 236B or something first anyway. As linked above, it is a very slight range increase to 8B reverse ringouts, but nothing major. Still an improvement.

Important to note you have to hit with the non-cinematic version to do the stance cancel, so they have to be airborne first. Damage output is pretty meh, since all I can seem to get is WNS-A+B or WNS-K into a mix-up when they recover. WNC can't land a B, so everything is air recoverable, and obviously WNF cancels are too slow for anything. Damage off of 236B, CE(2), WNS-A+B is about 61 damage, compared to the 93 you would get normally. Not horrible but not great either. Still something useful to go for at certain times.

On block, this move is plus enough for the usual frame trap stuff: WNC-A/K, WNS-A+B. Can't really try for the other WNS options because she actually seems to go over opponents despite them being standing, I believe because the animation of her CE swing leaves her body very much inside the body of the opponent.

6BB now does 41 damage, pushes back slightly further on hit, to the point you can't land a WNC-A+G, which is unfortunate, because that was a guaranteed throw unless they specifically jumped or crouch guarded. Mashing 2As and such would get them thrown. Every WNS option is a frame trap, as well as the usual WNC-B. Also the first hit of 6B now hits grounded opponents every time, so that's neat.

Speaking of WNC-BB, I honestly do not notice much of a difference besides the horrible sound effect on it right now -- or perhaps missing sound effect. Damage is about the same. You can step between the B~B pretty easily. Unfortunately, the gap between BB and B~B is so small, that the opponent can't even be counter-hit into a juggle by the BB version. All you get is the second hit of the BB. Kind of lame.

--

Overall still the same character.

Edit:

Can confirm, Talim will no longer ring herself in situations where you land 66A+B into WNS-A+B for instance. So her ringout consistency is now a lot better. No more really awkward spots where they are not quite close enough to edge, but not far enough away. That nonsense is gone.

Edit2:

Can confirm all of the bug fixes like BT B+K~A+B and such are working as intended. It will track no matter what now, more or less.

Last edited:

Thylacine492

[02] Apprentice
And there goes my hope for CE6~WNS (K) setups. Technically speaking, she can do it at the wall but with negligible damage in comparison to other wall combos.

ZeroEffect317

[13] Hero
On Guard Crush of the 2nd hit of CE you CAN in fact, get LH Wind Cannon, but the scaling is massive.
Does 57 dmg on it's own, 65 dmg with WNS B ender, And 74 for the CE ender. Damn.