Talim Video Archive

Honestly Zero, you played better than me... but you were forgetting about Risk VS Reward with Talim. You have to take bigger Risks with Talim, in order to get a Reward; and since Talim's punishment ability is terrible, I felt it safer to take those risks. You weren't taking the risks, so you weren't getting the damage. But your stepping was top notch, especially your windsault countering. I also felt you were trying to be too fancy and forgetting the basics. Doing fancy moves in one thing, but I always fall back on BB and 2A.

I've been playing quite a bit against KDZaster the past few days, and I have been focusing on my Critical Finish game (I CF'd Something-Unique twice in casuals). Learn to abuse Talim's CF game, I'm finding that its where she is most powerful. I couldn't do it in Tournament against Serge, but during casuals I got him blinking after 2 rounds, with him up 2-0, and then he couldn't touch me anymore. Abuse 6B and BB more; it's her basic moves, not fancy at all, but they break in 13 and 16 respectively.

Good fights.

In the Jaxel v. X some :6::A::+::B:s mighta hit instead of the :6::B:s he was tryin.

EDIT
Think :6::A::+::B: is stronger in the CF dept too.

Naw... Talim_JP, thats one of the thing's I tested... I use :6::B: when people are on the ground, because it tracks roll and forces people up into it... However, :6::A::+::B: has absolutely ZERO tracking at all. Unless the opponent is just standing there frozen, it won't hit; and its so punishable that its just so much safer to use :6::B:... Not to mention, on HIT, :6::B: is +10, which gives you CRAZY mixups with Ice Wind Combo; while :6::A::+::B: gives pushback, which I don't like.

Also ZeroEffect, try working on your throw break game... play VF for practice. If you look at the second set of our match, you never threw me again; I was starting to break your throws in early frames, and I don't think you broke a single throw in the entire match. I say practice throw breaking in VF because VF taught me how to BUFFER in throw breaks. During EVERY move I do, I am never just holding guard in recovery; I am also buffering in throw breaks (you cant do this in SC2).

Honestly Zero, you played better than me... but you were forgetting about Risk VS Reward with Talim. You have to take bigger Risks with Talim, in order to get a Reward; and since Talim's punishment ability is terrible, I felt it safer to take those risks. You weren't taking the risks, so you weren't getting the damage. But your stepping was top notch, especially your windsault countering. I also felt you were trying to be too fancy and forgetting the basics. Doing fancy moves in one thing, but I always fall back on BB and 2A.

This is true. And I knew I was doing it, but after taking the first two rounds so quickly it didn't occur to me until too late that I should be utilizing those basics. I started to feel the pressure after you came back on me the first match, and I just froze up or ducked at the wrong times. I couldn't see your 11K and that opened me up for more pressure.

As for stepping, that's how she gets good punishment. Just like in that round I 236B'd you for the RO after stepping your 6B. I want to get used to doing the higher damage options after stepping like IWC or a knockdown move without defaulting to BB or AA6B.

I've been playing quite a bit against KDZaster the past few days, and I have been focusing on my Critical Finish game (I CF'd Something-Unique twice in casuals). Learn to abuse Talim's CF game, I'm finding that its where she is most powerful. I couldn't do it in Tournament against Serge, but during casuals I got him blinking after 2 rounds, with him up 2-0, and then he couldn't touch me anymore. Abuse 6B and BB more; it's her basic moves, not fancy at all, but they break in 13 and 16 respectively.

Actually that's what I've been working on when I practice with Khent. I usually abuse her CF game quite often in casuals, but I know sooo many different counters to Talim's own attacks I didn't even think to go for CF related pressure as I figured once you opened up, I'd punish you hard for it.

If I hadn't overlooked the basics as you said as well as CF game, I would have been much calmer and who knows what would've happened.

Also ZeroEffect, try working on your throw break game... play VF for practice. If you look at the second set of our match, you never threw me again; I was starting to break your throws in early frames, and I don't think you broke a single throw in the entire match. I say practice throw breaking in VF because VF taught me how to BUFFER in throw breaks. During EVERY move I do, I am never just holding guard in recovery; I am also buffering in throw breaks (you cant do this in SC2).

Yes! I absolutely agree with you about throw breaks. Khent throws alot which forces me to duck him more than most people, usually it works for me, but other times I pay for it. Fighting Astaroths makes me do that as well. I can reaction tap throw breaks 90% of the time, but I just tend to guess wrong at times. Maybe buffering them will help improve my success rate in that area.

On your end though, you had a solid defense that I'm not used to from other Talim players.

I wasn't comparing your ability as a Talim player to my own when I said you emerged as the better Talim. Just that in that match, on that day, you were.

In an attempt to revive the Talim SA, I have a new video from the October tournament. It's me vs. Oofmatic. (No Talim vs. Talim here unfortunately, though we did play Talim mirrors in casuals)

Decent match, missed opportunities, and one random costly whiff at the end. Enjoy.

I'm still here (after findin out T6 ain't for me) and playin.

Good goin and keep up the good work (it was close!).

I'm still here (after findin out T6 ain't for me) and playin.

Good goin and keep up the good work (it was close!).

Haha... I have a knack for picking the characters that get nerfed into oblivion in fighting games. I started playing Asuka in T5DR because people said she was the most like a Soulcalibur character; and I like using her very much. She was also pretty good in T6 when it first came out. Now since T6BR (console version tooo), she is one of the three worst characters in the game. Namco hates me.

I tried Ling.

Only hand to hand combat and the air comboriffic heavy game got me down.

Seems like Namco hates everyone (haha).

New Talim vids.

ZeroEffect (Talim) vs. Kikaleek (Yoshimitsu) FT5

ZeroEffect (Talim) vs. PhoenixIvan (Mitsurugi) FT5

Great matches zero. I'll try to give some feedback (however minimal they are) are watching them all :)

GG Zero very nice Talim pretty safe, good mix-up, nice utilisation of the frame trap and very good step utilisation
you have seriously level up in regard of your old video
very good game

Against yoshi use more 4A+B at close range it make whiff (with the small back dash) a lot of his tool like IMCF or his 3B for example and give CH with BT pressing
be careful of your AS pressing against him cause lukely for you the yosh player don't punish you correctly : he made FC 3K instead of 6K2K ( 20dmg instead of 51dmg)

Mitsu vs Talim : i found this match up absolutly horrible
Talim punishing game is very bad so a lot of very good but unsafe tools of mitsu become free against her
she is also always at range of the 2KB bullshit :(
the mitsu player has not abuse of it i don't know why

it was a nice match too good adaptation of you and i notice you try to step G on the left during his Relic pressing and it works good sometimes i'll take note of that thanks

Against his 66BB make a WC throw between the 1st and the 2nd she will grab him behind for 58 free damage
you can also made a WC B:B AAB for 65 if i remember but it risky if you fall the JF cause you will gave less damage than the throw

another solution is to make 4A+B or a simple A between the 2 hit of 66BB you will take ridiculous damage and the second hit of mitsu will whiff giving you a free strong punition 44AA or maybe 236B

i hope my post could help you it was a pleasure to watch your video
if i meet you one day i really would like make a mirror match

sorry for my bad english ^^

Thanks Freakysound. Even though I feel my Talim is very good, I'm still open to information. (this also goes for you too, Eclair) Your idea of 4A+B against Yoshi in close is something I didn't think of. And it sounds like it might really be useful there. I don't think 6K2K works against blocked AS A, since she's left in crouch. (It works on lots of her other stuff though...)

As far as Mitsu goes, 2KB is less scary when you take it off your mind completely. It does very little damage on it's own, compared to his many mids. The only time I consider it is in RO mixups near the edge. Also, the guy I played in that vid has played me before and I was able to just ukemi his 2KBs in some situations. He doesn't like to abuse the move in general, though.

The matchup isn't as bad once you can

1. Duck RLC A and 236B launch him (I missed this in one of the vids, but nailed it every other time)
2. Don't fear 2KB
3. Punish everything that you can. (Talim can punish more than people think. My punishment guide shows lots of 66A, 1A+B, and 2A+B punishable moves.)

After that it's just overall knowledge of Mitsu. Which is something I lack still. I stand by my claim of 6:4 in Mitsu's favor at the worst.

So anyway, enough of my long-winded post.... thanks again for the input. No one is ever too good to learn.

Having some matches with mitsurugi now with someone who used to play sieg and has plenty of talim experience, the match up sounds right around 6:4 and is a lot easier than a match against sieg. I'll try to learn some anti-mitsu strats when i get back into SCIV but right now these videos are a big help :)

Don't know if any of you guys have been following the Philly/South Jersey casuals streams our group has been doing, but there are some more matches of my Talim in action in the latest recordings.

I'll post a link later, but it's an archived stream on ustream.tv under Insanekhent's channel.

just got around to watching these earlier today.

Overall, nice job by SupHy, but it just looks like he's got the fear of Amy still. Ducking into mids and what not. Otherwise I think he would've won. Usually against Amy if you absolutely have to guess. it's better to jump or get hit by the low. But you generally want to step more and try to keep Amy from being in a position to mix up with 2B+K.

Don't have much else to say. Saw a few dropped combos, but that's likely the nerves as well. After CH 4BB, use 66A+B for most damage, or a delayed 22B for tech trap, instead of 2A+B.

by the way, how do you pronounce your name SupHy? I always thought it was supposed to be like saying "Yo.... Sup? Hi."

j After CH 4BB, use 66A+B for most damage, or a delayed 22B for tech trap, instead of 2A+B.

Yes, and if the adverse stay on ground for 22B and wake up just after => AS A+B is tech trap just behind also

it's good also to make 11B instead 66a+B sometimes and specialy vs Asta cause he could trap and garanted AS A+B on the same times (big hitbox)

FC 3BB work also => the 2nd hit is trap so you have the lunch without CH that is cool

anyway i've seen other video of you Zero (i think it was you ) posted by Kenth
I really love your step games GG specialy vs Amy and Voldo
but 350Z ivy player don't play the Match up : ivy has really non advantage to play in SW vs Talim CL 4B , CL 214B , CL 1B B+K, WP 6B+K2_8, WP 44A+B A+B + good ivy's backdash /step are the hell for Talim
Malek and Scud give me so much hard times with this tools : horrible pushback on ground , Anti air for AS/11B/66B and SG fast damage >_< it's really hard for Talim to stay at the correct distance for hit

Back