Things you DON'T wanna see in SC6

but then again if you want a story with progress you and no tekken throw people down cliffs bs then you cant keep the same characters forever. And if you want old characters like taki or xiang you can recreate them easily with cas so thats not problem ._.. And leixia almost looks like xiang anyway use your imagination guys Kappa

but then again if you want a story with progress you and no tekken throw people down cliffs bs then you cant keep the same characters forever
...Why do we need "reason" to just keep somebody in the roster, again? Chars could be absent from the story if they are dead or something, but what keeps them from just being part of the roster?

thats not the point. If you want a roster with all characters thats fine but on the other hand people want a story with progress over years with realistically aging characters both just doesnt work. Personally i dont rly care too much about the story I just want the fighting styles to be in the game i dont care if its leixia or xiang.

...Why do we need "reason" to just keep somebody in the roster, again? Chars could be absent from the story if they are dead or something, but what keeps them from just being part of the roster?
Games have stories, reasons, purposes... if a character has nothing to do with those, he/she doesn't belong in the game.

What I honestly don't want in SC6?

Not so much features, but for the game itself to be rushed again.

Don't mind just guard. I would like Brave Edge attacks to be revamped into something different though. Additional (or EX) attacks are something good to have for SC since PS minimized the character's movesets, but it should be performed in a different way.

I'm indifferent on Critical Edge now, even though I used to like it before.

Last edited:
And most people who play fighting games don't give half a shit about story. People buy fighting games to press buttons.
Prove it. As far as its known, the majority of the playerbase plays offline, as such, their entertainment comes from diferente modes and story. The elitist competitive players are by far a smaller group. You should know that, considering that fighting game titans have been working on story content.

I like how people on this thread can't seem to reach a middle ground between gameplay and story.
For the people that want to buy the game and do more with it, we care about the gameplay first and foremost.
For the casual fags that just sit at home and whine their favourite character isn't in the game, they care about something. So meaningless as story

And most people who play fighting games don't give half a shit about story. People buy fighting games to press buttons.
I'll enjoy a story as far as it goes. SC's is entertaining in a 70's Kung Fu movie kinda way.

The issue I have with a story mode is, I'll only play it once. So that's maybe a few hours total gameplay.

The bulk of my play time will be in VS if I persist with a game. So I'd rather have that experience as finely tuned as possible with a good roster and plenty of depth because I know it's gotta last me a few years.

The story mode it could be a slideshow for all I care as long as the story's decent. Blazblue's usually held up as an amazing example and the writing in that is fanfiction level schlock. There's a lot of it granted, but it's pure shit.

The story mode it could be a slideshow for all I care as long as the story's decent. Blazblue's usually held up as an amazing example and the writing in that is fanfiction level schlock. There's a lot of it granted, but it's pure shit.
The writing is indeed bad in Blazblue, but I think it is because of how much each character is used and how long it is that has fans praise Blazblue's story modes compared to other fighting games: You play a prologue, then as you play in the perspective of one character first, and he/she has three different endings. Then other characters' stories are unlocked depending on who you have played before. Once all of those are done, then you play the true story mode.

SC doing the same thing could do wonders. Have it in 3D form like Samurai Warriors 4.

However, I also wouldn't mind if the story mode was less cutscenes and more like SC3's Tales of Souls.

I'm more into game presentation (more offline modes, more training options, offline rewards, replayability, online, etc.). Basically, having the best of both worlds (offline and online).

Last edited:
Prove it. As far as its known, the majority of the playerbase plays offline, as such, their entertainment comes from diferente modes and story. The elitist competitive players are by far a smaller group. You should know that, considering that fighting game titans have been working on story content.

I mean, I think it's common knowledge that people play fighting games for the fighting. Why would you think otherwise? Most of these games don't even have a big focus on story to begin with. Actually come to think of it, up until fairly recently the "story" in the average fighting game was nothing more than a short bio and a 30 second arcade ending. Just because most of the player base plays offline that doesn't mean they care about the story. I've played through the Weapon Master mode in SCII three or four times and it was for the fun gameplay, not the story. I don't even really remember what it was about other than some guy named Veral looking for the Soul Edge sword and your character has to stop him. Who cares about that? The fun part was doing all the different missions and unlocking all the weapons for each character.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

I mean, I think it's common knowledge that people play fighting games for the fighting. Why would you think otherwise? Most of these games don't even have a big focus on story to begin with. Actually come to think of it, up until fairly recently the "story" in the average fighting game was nothing more than a short bio and a 30 second arcade ending. Just because most of the player base plays offline that doesn't mean they care about the story. I've played through the Weapon Master mode in SCII three or four times and it was for the fun gameplay, not the story. I don't even really remember what it was about other than some guy named Veral looking for the Soul Edge sword and your character has to stop him. Who cares about that? The fun part was doing all the different missions and unlocking all the weapons for each character.
Read my post again.

In regards to the story and gameplay discussion thing, it should be gameplay > story always.

no one is gunna wanna play a damn FIGHTING game if its gameplay is shit. I dont care how good the story is.

If you really want good stories buy games that focus that like rpgs, telltales, ect.

Back