Things you DON'T wanna see in SC6

Things you DON'T wanna see in SC6:

- IMHO gameplay in SC V is the weakest of the series by far.
- Music from SCV - The weakest installment in the series as well.
- Player selection screen: those miniature cartoony cards are just awful, SC II close-up models were good, even SC I high-res renders were miles better.
- Overdone clumsy weapon effects, take a look at the original Soulcalibur and see the sparks flying when blades make contact, even a more realistic approach such as Namco's Dark Souls would be preferable, than the over-saturated cartoony look of SC V.
- Get rid of character ultra cartoony looks, Nightmare's eyes in Soulcalibur IV & V look terrible, whereas in Soulcalibur I, II & III, they're much better, also the floating mid-section is a look-alike from Abyss in SC III.
- New characters that are a bland lifeless copy of the old character in the series.
- Clumsy characters like Angol Fear, Ashlotte & Dampierre.
- Super moves, critical finish, meters, auto-anything, just guard, projectiles.
- Non-armed fighting styles.
- Weak storyline (bring back Tales of Souls and endings found in Soulcalibur III)
- CaS restrictions.
- Terrible voice acting.

Missed from the other installments in the series:
- Gameplay mechanics
- Museum
- Weapon gallery
- Storyline
- Character design, Nightmare as portrayed in SCI & II, Siegfried as portrayed in SC III.
- Epic music. (Junichi Nakatsuru, Keiki Kobayashi, Yohihito Yano, Hideki Tobeta, Akitaka Tohyama & Takanori Otsuka)

Last edited:
Things you DON'T wanna see in SC6:

- IMHO gameplay in SC V is the weakest of the series by far.
- Music composer from SCV - The weakest installment in the series as well.
- Player selection screen: those miniature cartoony cards are just awful, SC II close-up models were good, even SC I high-res renders were miles better.
- Overdone clumsy weapon effects, take a look at the original Soulcalibur and see the sparks flying when blades make contact, even a more realistic approach such as Namco's Dark Souls would be preferable, than the over-saturated cartoony look of SC V.
- Get rid of character ultra cartoony looks, Nightmare's eyes in Soulcalibur IV & V look terrible, whereas in Soulcalibur I, II & III, they're much better, also the floating mid-section is a look-alike from Abyss in SC III.
- New characters that are a bland lifeless copy of the old character in the series.
- Clumsy characters like Angol Fear, Ashlotte & Dampierre.
- Super moves, critical finish, meters, auto-anything, just guard, projectiles.
- Non-armed fighting styles.
- Weak storyline (bring back Tales of Souls and endings found in Soulcalibur III)
- CaS restrictions.
- Terrible voice acting.

Missed from the other installments in the series:
- Gameplay mechanics
- Museum
- Weapon gallery
- Storyline
- Character design, Nightmare as portrayed in SCI & II, Siegfried as portrayed in SC III.
- Epic music. (Junichi Nakatsuru & Keiki Kobayashi)

Same thing is said to the other guy if you dont like it dont play it and dont quote every single aspect of 5 just because you are butthurt. And if you wanna talk about lifeless characters Here are some examples. Berserker,Assassin,Talim,Yun,Generic Lizardman. Cant see any of them in 5 so thats a plus

Same thing is said to the other guy if you dont like it dont play it and dont quote every single aspect of 5 just because you are butthurt

I play all of them (I-V), and the elements listed are the weakest in the series, which just happen to be in that particular release.

not rly gameplay wise V was great the new characters are just as unique as the hilde algol in 4 or tira setsuka whatever in 3. Maybe not as much offline content thats true maybe some characters missing but whatever they didnt have any impact anyway. V is great if you take it for what it is a Fighting game. Meter moves were a great addition to the game atleast for some characters. And yea all that offline content like weapon gallery but that doesnt affect the game thats just bonus stuff that you look into once and you are done not rly that important.

maybe some characters missing but whatever they didnt have any impact anyway..
In what way do you mean "they didn't have an impact"? Story-wise? Because I don't think that's what he was suggesting, but rather that we had wanted even more unique move sets instead of 3 or 4 mimic characters. None of them made any impact either (except Elysium if we are talking about the story but she was Sophitia so even then she is pointless). I'd also would have preferred Setsuka to Alpha Patroklos and Sophitia instead of Pyrrha Omega (or for Elysium to have that move set if Sophitia didn't "appear").

I personally found the meter system a good step in the right direction for the series, it needed a new element to its gameplay to spice it up and that's exactly what PS gave to us. It gives you access to special and situational moves that required good foresight and judgement as to when/where to use them. Some of the CEs however I found a bit lackluster, such as Ivy's CE simply being another grab which seemed really rushed and boring, as though they couldn't be bothered to think of something else that could perhaps be combo'ed.

From a visual point of view SC V, does have the best visuals IMHO,
with detailed & sharp GFX, I also enjoy the DLC and CaS in the latest one,
but gameplay, storytelling, music & art direction are subpar to the other installments in the series,
while it is true that no installment is perfect, the latest one is also the weakest effort, and that's why I listed those elements
as not desirable for Soulcalibur VI.

I never said all the mimics in 5 make any sense but we all know the game was rushed. But for example setsuka right there was a side character so if shes gone whatever her style is still there shouldnt be a problem. Yes story came a bit short in 5 but the gameplay is far better than it was in 4 or 3. Personally I even prefer it over 2. It was by far the most balanced one as well. We should be glad namco put in their remaining time into a good gameplay over a story tbh. Not saying that a well rounded Sc6 with story mode and everythign wouldnt be the best solution but ScV is far from being the worst game in the series.

SC III has the most diverse & unique fighting styles, those if refined & retuned could have been used for the new
chars in SC IV & V, to further enrich them instead of relying more on mimics, which were already present in
the form of Inferno, Edge Master, Charade, Olcadan & now Elysium & Kilik)

I do agree that SC II is probably the most balanced of the series.

Oh woops you probably misunderstood that. ScV being the most balanced thats what I meant 2 is probably second thats true. And dont get me wrong I dont hate old characters like Talim or Setsuka but they simply arent main Sc characters. I mean Dampierre isnt one either which kinda sucks for me but thats simply how it is. If they decide to kick him in 6 that sucks but we cant help it. Even though i think having a character like Dampierre that simply has a great character design and a fun less serious fighting style is a great additon.

I guess. But I dont disagree with missing offline content and missing characters I just dont think its that important. But i wouldnt kick new characters for their sake either because I personally find them more interesting than the ones who didnt make it.

Most of the time, I also like having new characters as well, it's just that they should
have the proper time & effort investment to them, to create a unique or derivative fighting style such as Strife and Keres &
cohesive story that matters in the Soulcalibur lore. So if SC VI includes the classic characters
as well as the newcomers, then that's good progress.

But then again you cant rly argue about the new characters not having unique fighting styles except for pat maybe. Violas orb is pretty amazing,/zwei is pretty much the same just less viable. Ezios moveset fit the character(even though i´m not a fan of AC). And Damp cmon you cant hate that guy Kappa. Just give all of em a bit more story time and you´ll love em just wait :P

But then again you cant rly argue about the new characters not having unique fighting styles except for pat maybe. Violas orb is pretty amazing,/zwei is pretty much the same just less viable. Ezios moveset fit the character(even though i´m not a fan of AC). And Damp cmon you cant hate that guy Kappa. Just give all of em a bit more story time and you´ll love em just wait :P

Yes, an argument can be made that some new characters have a classic character's fighting style, and really don't improve on the older version,
in that case that's a regression, whereas if you have new characters with new & different fighting styles, then those are certainly welcome.

Last edited:
SCV's music is the weakest of all installments?

.......lmfao!

It is the weakest, thankfuly the option to purchase and use additional bgm via optional DLC from the series original release is enabled, and is a remedy for that issue.

So 1 more try things i dont wanna see:
Taki (Natsu is simply better)
CaS
People complaining about the game.
Guest Characters.
Clones ( even though oprha is cool)

Back