Tier Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I play Viola more often than Ivy nowadays.

She has one of the strongest damage in the game, imba setups (combos after throw break anyone?), can make her moves safe/adv on block in conjunction with 6B+K, she has possibly the best CE in the game that gives her guaranteed damage on block/hit etc etc really the only serious weakness of this character I can see now is lack of strong punishing tools.

it looks like leixia is low tier according most of your tier lists not sure why she keeps getting nerfed lol yes viola is pretty strong but to be honest not many players no the match up as she is a new character so you will win against most players out there.

Top tier - APat, Mitsu, Cerv, Algol, Omega, Viola
High tier - Astaroth, Pyrrha, Ivy, Nightmare, Yoshimitsu, Patroklos, Voldo, Natsu
Mid tier - Siegfried, Leixia, Maxi, Xiba, Ezio, Hilde
Low tier - Aeon, Tira, Zwei, Raph, Damp

To add on to this, however, as I have said before, it is worth noting that Viola has major issues against other high-tier characters like Mitsu and NM, but, in in terms of her overall tools and match-ups against the remaining characters, she is good enough to be top tier. On top of that, I very much doubt that Asta will stay in high tier for long once JGing becomes more prominent - he will likely end up a mid-tier character. Sieg is still a bit of a wildcard I think and, due to the strength of spacing strategies in SCV, I think he may be significantly better than Daishi makes him out to be - mid tier seems like a relatively safe place to put him at the moment. I have revised my opinion on Natsu somewhat lately - I think she has some massive holes in her game and is somewhat unsafe overall but I also think that it's pretty difficult to discount her punishers (A:6, 66B, 6A+B4 a:6 on some characters), especially in light of the nerf to Pyrrha's stab.

Aeon, Tira and ZWEI are not low :)

Obviously some of the tiers are generous in terms of their size. Low tier probably needs to be split into something like the following:

Low-Mid: Aeon, Tira, Zwei
Low: Raph, Damp

Until someone comes up with some mind-blowing strategy with ZWEI, he is relatively low as far as I am concerned.

Tira isn't really that bad. She can definitely still compete, but shes still probably in the bottom 5 of the cast. I feel this game is actually very balanced though, with the exception of a couple of characters.

Damp is just bad and there is no way around it. Zwei isn't really terrible overall, but he has way too many bad match-ups to be anything but bottom tier. Other than that, I think most characters are pretty fine. I think top tier could maybe take a minor nerf and it would be even better, but balance is not bad as is.

I would say it is the most balance Calibur since SC1. I guess by the end of SC2's lifespan, the game was pretty balanced as well though, but that was only because 2G dumbed down offenses so much.

Let's admit it is the most balance SC game that we've got in a while.
I completely agree. This is probably one of the most balanced fighting games out there, tbh. Not that I've played all of them... but there are only a few matchups that seem to be one-sided, and none of them are really glaring. Basically Raph needs a bit of a damage boost, I think Aeon's frames still need to be adjusted a bit, and Dampierre needs... help... IF Namco want him to be a tournament character. Don't know what to say about Ezio. CH fishing is not my playstyle...

EDIT: Ezio: allow 6B+K(?) Crossbow cancel-able into front step like Vader's A+B cancel.
EDIT2: If anyone from Namco/Project Soul reads this, good job guys. Really. You've made me very happy.

On a really lucky day Dampierre can perform as a high tier character, when you're not so lucky and your opponent actually knows the match-up he's low tier by default.You can win with him if you work extra hard and remain faithful and take your beatings like a man, low tier4ever! Jumping ship for mindless reasons is for sissies...

AZ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back