Tira General Discussion / Q&A

Well, at least one of the Tira mods is doing stuff.

I only did one good thing in my time on here... and it wasn't even that good and it got people mad at me. :b

Hello my dear friends on Tira general discussion
Anyway do you guys think that Jolly B+K dangerous since the players are, now, knowing when is safe?

Works once per match per opponent. It's law.

...Although whether or not they're smart enough to not trigger the throw or completely avoid the headbutt is another story. Well, you got your Gloomy transition and some good meter gain from it at least, right?

Works once per match per opponent. It's law.

...Although whether or not they're smart enough to not trigger the throw or completely avoid the headbutt is another story. Well, you got your Gloomy transition and some good meter gain from it at least, right?
Almost entirely true. It really depends on how much damage you're willing to take to get free gauge.
Xiba's channeling kicks fill you up pretty nice, but the brave edge knocks you out.
Nightmare's punch in 236K.BE fills you up 2+bar, but requires a first hit whiff/JG.
Tira's JS 66B.BE (either hit) fills you up nice.

Personally, it really depends on the opponent on whether or not I use it. Styles like Viola and Devil Jin are fun to spam it against because (moreso Devil Jin than Viola) 90% of their attacks are countered and it's good fun.

Problem is if Viola attacks you with orb Tira still will do the throw animation that take about 1 or 1,5 seconds....leaving you open for a doom combo...

Well, you can do A+B headbutt at/before you'd be able to do the default aGI for Grim Reaper. If you see she's too far away, just spam A+B. c:

I'm able to do this combo in training mode just fine, but online I could never hit it. Is it a guaranteed combo, is the timing strict, or is there some other special criteria to get this to land? It just looks like such a logical combo, but it's sad it doesn't work. Otherwise, if I don't switch to Gloomy, I get stuck with having to 2B or K, 1B if I'm lucky they won't air control out too far. I just wish I knew how to utilize this BE in case I don't get a personality switch.

I'm able to do this combo in training mode just fine, but online I could never hit it. Is it a guaranteed combo, is the timing strict, or is there some other special criteria to get this to land? It just looks like such a logical combo, but it's sad it doesn't work. Otherwise, if I don't switch to Gloomy, I get stuck with having to 2B or K, 1B if I'm lucky they won't air control out too far. I just wish I knew how to utilize this BE in case I don't get a personality switch.

JS 66B BE, BT B+KB is a combo that only works when you hit a standing opponent. I think it might be air controllable, too. If you use it on a grounded opponent, which is usually the case, BT B+KB will whiff. Your best bet then is to go for G 4K.

Also try not to make threads about a particular combo or move, we have general discussions for that.

ah thanks for the topic merge.

Some people say you have to be far away as possible and hit the tip of the first attack in 66B BE.

How about 66B, 66B BE, does the higher bounce of that combo guarantee the B+K, B?

I suppose I will start using the headbutt more if I still can't manage to hit it.

ah thanks for the topic merge.

Some people say you have to be far away as possible and hit the tip of the first attack in 66B BE.

How about 66B, 66B BE, does the higher bounce of that combo guarantee the B+K, B?

I suppose I will start using the headbutt more if I still can't manage to hit it.
66B, 66B BE, BT B+K B does not work. You want to try and go for G 4K. As far as air control, if you hit 66B BE, BT B+K B, they can AC after the first hit. I've never had anyone AC after 66B BE.

JS 66B BE, BT B+KB is a combo that only works when you hit a standing opponent. I think it might be air controllable, too. If you use it on a grounded opponent, which is usually the case, BT B+KB will whiff. Your best bet then is to go for G 4K.

Also try not to make threads about a particular combo or move, we have general discussions for that.
You can't air control out of BT B+K.B when used after JS 66bBE, but if you use it after other moves JS CH 11B, they can escape the last hit.
66B, 66B BE, BT B+K B does not work. You want to try and go for G 4K. As far as air control, if you hit 66B BE, BT B+K B, they can AC after the first hit. I've never had anyone AC after 66B BE.
This isn't entirely true. If you happen to JS 66B them on their back-left side just right, the JS 66bBE will launch slightly higher, allowing JS BT B+K.B to connect.
That's just because of how they land after the 66B. If you happen to hit an enemy laying down on their left shoulder (head first, etc.), they'll launch slightly higher.

Edit:
Oh, Namco...
They suggest we "pressure" the opponent by following GS 3B with 4A. How is that pressure? Pressure would be more like 4A blocked 3A.A, right?
"In Jolly :6::(6):or:3::(3):or:9::(9)::B: launches the opponent when it hits. Although this has a slow start-up, it leaves the opponent in a crouching state when it is blocked." ...it does no such thing.
"Notes on Rivals: Play backed another player's replay."

What's everyone's opinion on JS 3A? I'm beginning to think that this move is actually pretty good. Even though it only does 18 damage on NH, it looks unsafe but it's -9 on block. Iirc, it actually has the ability to turn the opponent sideways. I was watching the Shining Decopon EVO vids and when he used this move it turned them about 45-90 degrees and made it so that they couldn't counter properly. It may have just been a fluke or just some camera weirdness, but if it does, I think that this move has tons of potential.

I'll test it out later and see if it actually does or not.

It works as a step killer in short range, also it is a quick move that can interrupter some moves, I like the move but is not my top 10 most used.

Hey can someone show me where I can find her real frame data because the one here is off on some things.
If you find some errors you could post your corrections so it can be updated. Most of it is probably accurate by now.
Sadly, that's it. You could probably find the future press scans some where on the internet though.
Tira's frame data changed drastically after the patch so I expect the data here is much more accurate. Also you've got JG frames here which are not available in the guide.

I doubt there is much left that is wrong. In fact if you want I can go through it to find anything I disagree with so you can double-check. Yeah I'll do that later actually, I'm not playing much these days so I might as well do something useful.

Back