Tira General Discussion / Q&A

So for WR B,K,K or Jump K(CH) in JS...

If the opponent lands head down first, 66AA and 8A will tech trap to all sides.
If the opponent lands facing up at the front, 8A will tech trap back and right.However a delayed 8A will trap all strangely.

w/ 66AA tech trap - ~90 damage
w/ 8A tech trap - ~70 damage

Great wakeup opportunities for us Tira players as you can mix up these tech traps with 66B (BE).

I have started learning Tira. o_O

You certainly do have more powerful attacks at your disposal in gloomy, but so far I'm liking 33_66_99AA in jolly a lot. 22_88B has served me better in jolly too.

Sorry if this question has already been asked a million times, but... is there a move that's not in Tira's move list in training? Where she stands on top of the opponent and slices them while they're down? It's been done to me many times and I had always interpreted as a throw.

Sorry if this question has already been asked a million times, but... is there a move that's not in Tira's move list in training? Where she stands on top of the opponent and slices them while they're down? It's been done to me many times and I had always interpreted as a throw.

That would be GS B+K. You have to successfully parry with it, and then you get an unbreakable grab follow-up.

Gloomy and Jolly each have their own version of it.

JS B+K: Get hit by any < 20 damage mid or high early in the animation to gain a lot of meter and enter a full-fledged Guard Impact state that counters any additional attacks with that sexy attack throw. You can cancel the strong GI with A+B to avoid being vulnerable to smarter foes. Bad Devil Jin and Viola players hate this :D

GS B+K: Counters all mids, except for thrusts and body attacks. If it repels a jumping/TJ attack they just land on their ass and take damage...Or get RO'ed.

Another fun fact/tip: This has probably already been posted before but I don't recall exactly where I saw it so I'll put it here: No matter whether she's in JS or GS, Tira will always change moods when she takes a hit that puts her at about 40% health or lower. I remember in the EVO grand finals (I think first or second match), Decopon was taunting in GS to get into JS when he was at around 50% health so he could be in GS when he got knocked down to past 40%.

EDIT: That has me thinking, do the JS and GS taunt animations take the same amount of frames to complete? I'm wondering because maybe it's just me but the JS taunt animation seems a little faster than the GS, and since you can do the JS taunt animation while in GS by ducking while doing the taunt, it would obviously be better to do that taunt to get into JS before you hit 40% health.

Yes sir. That should be common knowledge since SC4 but your expansion upon it is definitely appreciated.

Genius idea! I might start doing this now! I never noticed it Decopon doing that, but after rewatching it I see it now.

This will be fun;)

EDIT: Just to be clear I was aware of the automatic 40% Persona Change, just not the tactic of getting to Jolly, so the %40 switch will take you back into Gloomy.

Yes sir. That should be common knowledge since SC4 but your expansion upon it is definitely appreciated.
Ah, ok, I actually didn't really use Tira that much in SC4, so I didn't realize that particular aspect was in that game as well. Good to know, thanks!

Lately I've realized how much I love Tira and how I want to improve with her. I also wanted to include GS B+K in my gameplay more. Does anyone know any setups or gimmicks besides taunt cancels. In general and for GS B+K.

Lately I've realized how much I love Tira and how I want to improve with her. I also wanted to include GS B+K in my gameplay more. Does anyone know any setups or gimmicks besides taunt cancels. In general and for GS B+K.
The best use for GS B+K is countering strings where a hit you know will be weapon based mid that's not a stab or body attack. For example, you can use it against the second hit of Pat's 66A BE or the second hit of Sieg's SCH K BE. Outside of that, it's pretty risky to use by itself.

Im sure this has been answered somewhere or discussed, but why doesnt the game let Tira be Gloomy in the start if she has two sides? (Very first start of the match) Because I know in quick battle she'll start off at gloomy (or the computer did) and I thought that was pretty awesome, that why cant that happen in player matches, etc?

Im sure this has been answered somewhere or discussed, but why doesnt the game let Tira be Gloomy in the start if she has two sides? (Very first start of the match) Because I know in quick battle she'll start off at gloomy (or the computer did) and I thought that was pretty awesome, that why cant that happen in player matches, etc?

She actually can start off in GS, though very rarely. I remember the patch supposedly made her default to Jolly when rematch is chosen after a fight, but that doesn't always happen either.

So guys, I have some nice experience with Tira (I've been playing with her since SCIV) but I was never too hardcore in this game. Now I wish to get more into it. What are some important tech traps and frame traps to learn, GS B+K setups and how can I know how do her matchups fare?

Tech traps:
GS 4K (used in any combo or just plain) 1A - catches all
GS 4B:B :B 44(B) - catches all
GS 4K (groundstun version) 33B - depends on the way they land, I think.. should catch all.

Frame Traps:
JS 22B and just about anything.. most people suck at attacking here.
JS 22B CE
JS 22K CE
JS 6K CE
GS 22K CE
GS 6A CE
GS 6A 3A.A
GS 2A+B 4K
GS 44K CE
GS 2A+B CE

etc.

GS B can be used to counter pretty much any string that doesn't kick/poke.

6A B+K
44K B+K
22K B+K
66B B+K

etc.
It's dangerous throwing that out there without knowing it'll impact. You're super unsafe if it doesn't.

Back