Tira General Discussion / Q&A

I feel like an idiot for not realizing how decent Jolly 44A is. I didn't even know it was basically a 50/50 mix up with 44AA or 44A2A.

It's not that great.
44A.A is unsafe on block, interruptable, etc.
44A.2A is unsafe on hit, jumpable, probably interruptable, etc.

It was much better pre-patch..
The mid version came out much faster and had globs of knockback.
The low version always tripped, and allowed 66bBE to chain if they didn't tech. (66B will not connect if it trips [CH only] now)

This is one of those moves that should've have been touched. Even if this move alone wasn't touched, I feel Jolly would be extremely better off. I can still win, but it feels like far more of a struggle than it should be. lol

Yeah, I can't say that I've been a fan of 44AA/44A2A since after the patch. I liked it better in sc4 when 44AA had GB properties.

Next week I will be updating the frame data on a few characters, the Tira frame data, as of now, stands nearly complete. I'll put in the last info for it whenever it is that I update the others (I'll also likely end up putting it into a better format something akin to the Aeon wiki)

Also to the discussion above, not sure how widely this is known, you can combo after 44AA, chain either 66B (BE too) or 236K BE to it for added dmg

That should be fairly well-known. I've posted about it a while back, but it never hurts to throw it out there!

Also, in case you're fighting someone who doesn't aerial control...

JS 44A.A 66bBE GS BT 2A 4 A CE.

Pretty hot if you can pull it off; timing after BT 2A is difficult. :b

Swag

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1e5_WR9p2655vhjDTKBNkUciOTFMolRY0MlTx-i7YZPw/edit

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1qS3lQ8_ZEzHX79rt-JxAgJCi2ux8rWMsOug0N8B_YW0/edit

Tira meter gain data.

While we are on the subject of data I will be sure to update the frame data once I'm finished with all my notes on other chars that I have been working on (I have about 7 I'm working on atm). This could take another Week, maybe two? For those of you that have not edited the frame data it is an annoying, Tedious and (for me personally) eye-bothering task and I'd MUCH rather get done all at once rather than picking and editing simple things such as JS 22A being +13 instead of +14 :/ .

Isn't B.B i14? You used to be able to hit GS B.B after 22A... If you can't anymore, that's super sucky.

It could very well be i13 and I'm just dumb, but.. :b

Isn't B.B i14? You used to be able to hit GS B.B after 22A... If you can't anymore, that's super sucky.

It could very well be i13 and I'm just dumb, but.. :b

No, JS 22A is +13, GS 22A is +14. Ex: JS Tira does 22A~4B+K B then another Tira does 4K after the hit, the Tira that 4Kd will win. GS Tira does 22A~4B+K B and another Tira does 4 after being hit by 22A both tiras will be hit.

I don't know how many of you are aware of this, but it seems Leixia is immune to a successful A+B GI ~ 666B combo. I discovered this last night while messing around with Leixia punishing. At first I thought you weren't +17, but you can still combo GS 6B so something about 666B doesn't work on her.

That's odd.. Does 666bBE work or is it just the standard that messes up?

Edit... that's the same thing. lol

Does 666bBE work or do all forms of 666B mess up on her?

That's odd.. Does 666bBE work or is it just the standard that messes up?

Edit... that's the same thing. lol

Does 666bBE work or do all forms of 666B mess up on her?
I actually didn't test the brave edge versions, and didn't have enough time to this morning. I know standard 66B doesn't work either, I can check the brave edges when I get home in about an hour+.

Neither brave edges work. (Also, 66B was way harder to get off than I thought, I kept getting 666. I guess I'm that good.)

I did get 666B BE off once, so maybe it's a pseudo-just frame deal, but then again it could just have been a mishap or glitch.
BTW I tested this with a Recording into All Guard, and tried A+B as well as [A+B]. So Leixia is probably just a lucky bitch. Hope for walls when you land this, cause if not, you ain't getting 80+ guaranteed damage.
And that's if you switch to Gloomy. Kappa

Back