Tira Matchups

Tira vs Sieg 4/6

The matchup is a simple one to understand really. Tira's pokes until she reaches GS don't do damage and doesn't counter well, she cannot punish stance transitions well either. She can only AA after 3, and barely so sometimes i find. Meaning Sieg can do what he wants basically with impunity. She doesn't punish lows all that well either. Sieg does major damage and Tira's average step becomes troublesome combined with the lack of ready to use TCs make aGA a force to be reckoned with. It's easy for Sieg to keep her out and work her gauge, with her struggling to get in to find opportunity to land sneaky lows and get some throws in. 3 and B6 will CH anything a smidgen too slow like 1A, 11A etc. The fight is definitely in his favor. The damage and pressure just overall favors him.

VS
Algol -7:3-Not really all that sure. Depends on which stage you play at in my eyes
Amy - 4:6
Astaroth -7:3-Bull rush :(
Cassandra -8:2
Cervantes -7:3-This one is a lil tough
Darth Vader -6:4
Hilde - 5:5
Ivy - 6:4
Kilik - 5:5
Lizardman -6:4
Maxi - 5:5
Mitsurugi -7:3
Nightmare - 4:6
Raphael - 6:4
Rock -
Seong Mi-Na -5:5
Setsuka -7:3
Siegfried - 4:6
Sophitia - 8:2
Taki - 7:3 Her AA punishes all and she can interrupt Tira a lot
Talim -4:6
The Apprentice -7:3
Voldo -8:2 its a very up hill battle
Xianghua -9:1 she is too safe has to many crushes and can play from a distance. Toughest match in my eyes
Yoda - 4:6 Most of your combos work on Yoda
Yoshimitsu - 5:5
Yun-Seong - 5:5
Zasalamel -4:6

I have been waiting for something like this or i was going to start 1 :) hes what i think about the match-ups

Well this is what i think. All Numbers to the right are all in Tira's favor

So... uh... Algol just destroyed me today. Back dashing like no tomorrow. Tira doesn't have any fast advancing move. She's not fast enough to poke.

I did Auto-GI B+K on a bubble, only to run into... another bubble.

So... uh... Algol just destroyed me today. Back dashing like no tomorrow. Tira doesn't have any fast advancing move. She's not fast enough to poke.

I did Auto-GI B+K on a bubble, only to run into... another bubble.

Yeah playing algol is just plaim gay

Against Algol JS 66B from max. range is good. 8B+K, B avoids bubblespam ( in most cases ). 88K techcrouches (late) under bubbles.

There's not much what you can do besides of stepping/ GIing bubbles back and wait for an opening. Try to force him away from the middle of the stage near a wall or near the edge to kill his backstep.

Trivia: Bubbles trigger JS B+K; On Algol JS 3B, A+B is NC

Hope this helps

Okay, some anti-algol right here

JS 66A can occasionally go under the slow two-way bubbles.

2A+B at the end will go under all the high bubbles.

1A is your anti bubble of choice.

JS B+K is a GREAT anti-bubble trap.

88K is handy from time to time.

Dangerous counters include JS 66B, JS 44B/GS11_77B, and the 6A+B ring of fire.

As of now, no answer to the ducking bubble shot or the insane backdash. Both of these can be used to space out Tira so that even 9B+K might miss.

Tira is looking to be my anti-Algol, as Rock seems to have no answer to the monster.

EDIT: NEVERMIND. I found Rock counters too. Tira's going back to the secondary.

ummmm raph

is a really bad match up for tira imo

44B nullifys tiras lows and some of tiras pokes are high meaning raph can TC all day

also algol is an incredibly match up as well

algol can space tira quite easy with bubbles

Okay, some anti-algol right here

JS 66A can occasionally go under the slow two-way bubbles.

2A+B at the end will go under all the high bubbles.

1A is your anti bubble of choice.

JS B+K is a GREAT anti-bubble trap.

88K is handy from time to time.

Dangerous counters include JS 66B, JS 44B/GS11_77B, and the 6A+B ring of fire.

As of now, no answer to the ducking bubble shot or the insane backdash. Both of these can be used to space out Tira so that even 9B+K might miss.

Tira is looking to be my anti-Algol, as Rock seems to have no answer to the monster.

EDIT: NEVERMIND. I found Rock counters too. Tira's going back to the secondary.
have you fought an algol that can actually sheild well?

not being mean just wondering

cause a good algol shield consists of nothing but 4A+B and 2A+B

have you fought an algol that can actually sheild well?

not being mean just wondering

cause a good algol shield consists of nothing but 4A+B and 2A+B

I was playing Aris. Whether he was playing seriously or not, I don't know. But it's Aris, so you know he knows his stuff.

So what do the rest of you guys think of Tira v. Talim? I saw that chaosghost listed it as 6:4 in favor of Tira. I believe it's pretty even personally. I thought at first it was in Talim's favor, but I knew that was mainly from lack of good Tira experience. I'm curious what she may have that's a problem for Talim.

Well Tira can out space Talim and punish Talim very well and since Talim's damage out put is low you can survive longer. Also Talim's why of getting close is jumping in all you have to do ia A+B, and if you thing the low is coming just do j.b

Well actually, Talim doesn't need to use her windsault jump to get in close, but it is her primary long range weapon. Tira can definitely utilize decent enough spacing in JS, but I'm not sure how well GS spacing is. It doesn't appear that Tira has any real threatening punisher for most of Talim's unsafe stuff except maybe GS 6AAAAA. (Unless the Talim is really reckless, anyway...)

Talim is a bit quicker and more evasive than Tira as well, and Tira in general seems to have a bit of trouble handling faster characters. Talim has a lot of highs, which in this match isn't too harmful to her. Tira doesn't TC as much as a few other characters and her GS B+K counter can be beat out with highs.

The more I play Tira though, the more I'm realizing that the match probably isn't in Talim's favor, but I'd still say about 5:5.

you can punish Talim with 6k, Your right the biggest problem is Talim's speed, but easy to get around. when i play Talim i look for all the moves i know, cuz i play Talim as well and Punish. WS B will have your back a lot in this match-up and if you in GS and you see a jump in happening just 66K it like i do. Also dont try to rush talim down that wont work you need to space her cuz if you play her game you wont win lol

After looking at your post, you're right about GS 66K beating WL out completely. (If you expect it of course) Wind Sault will go behind Tira though so she'll just lose a bit of health for using it and Talim would come out fine. Still, 64 damage from JF (or BF) 66666K CH hit is no joke...

Back