Turn Your Voice Into The New Game.

I would like to start by saying Happy New Years! I hope that people are excited about the news and just want to move forward and put this gig into gears. I need to hear your thoughts on a concentrated level about the new game coming out. With that said, lets use this particular room for discussion of what you the fans / competitors / organizers / moderators / admins want in this new game.

Try your best to keep me informed as I will be working hard to really ensure that the voice of the community is heard. Everyone deserves a chance to speak their mind on things, my role here is to make sure that your message doesn't fall on dead ears.

Stay on topic : What would make the next SC game GREAT. details details details... Take care everyone.

FilthieRich (www.twitter.com/filthierich) (www.facebook.com/soulcalibur)

Characters:

Bring back Hwang, Li Long (similar to how he was in SC3:AE).

Bring back Edgemaster and make his 1P and 2P costumes look as similar to SC1's as possible, because those costumes looked awesome. :)

Bring back Olcadan, but have him slightly different from Edgemaster (example, Olcadan uses every character randomly, but gets 10% damage bonus for all attacks, think of it as a bonus people who have mastered every character. Meanwhile Edge Master does not get 10% bonus, but has 1 extra move for all or most of the character styles that he immitates.

Turn some of SC3's bonus characters into main characters, looking at Revenant, Valeria, Arthur.

What ever happened to Edgardo? I've always been curious to see how he was going to turn out.

Bring Bangoo into the game as a playable character. Perhaps in a way that pays tribute to Chief Thunder from Killer Instinct (without completely ripping that character off).

Bring back Inferno as the boss of the game, make Algol a regular character now.

Have all characters use more unique dialogue against many different characters when fighting against them, and during their opening/win sequence.

Have the option to change only specific characters from Japanese to English (like being able to have Mitsu in Japanese but leaving Ivy in English).

Since I understand that it is fun for many casual players to have to go through an unlocking process to get characters, have an option to input a code, that allows all characters and stages to be available. This is mainly so that tournament organizers can easily prepare all their copies of the game to have everyone unlocked.

Stages

Make all the stages more epic and not like SC4 where it's mostly centralized around a main area (tower), but more like the previous SC's where the stages are from different locations around the world. Perhaps make a stage to represent each character.

Have all the stages be epic in design. I do not want to see stages like the one inside the tower in SC4. That stage wasn't very impressive...

Have more interactive stages, like the circus stage in SC4 where the wall falls down to extend the platform. Or have stages where environmental aspects are constantly changing affecting how the stage looks and even the amount of area to fight in.

Better net code.

Have the ability to change your button layout in the lobby and character select when playing online.

Allow two people to play online together against other people from one console with multiple controllers/profiles (trust me, casual players who don't only want to play each other will like this :))

For Xbox Live - Provide Avatar awards or downloads so people can make their avatars look like SC characters, and even give them weapon props.

Have an online tournament bracket mode where 8 or 16 or even more players can fill up the bracket and then have the system automatically put people through an online single or double elimination tournament, where the winner can get prizes like custom user titles, ranks, create-a-soul clothing parts, or something else. And have it so people can view other people's tournament statistics.

Game Features

Allow in-game recording and saving of full fight replays, both offline and online. With the ability to control the camera and pause to take pictures while watching the replay.

Make it so players can download saved video replays directly off another person's console if they choose their vids to be public, or give the option for players to upload a certain amount of saved replays to Namco's servers for public download. And perhaps have the option to also save the replay in a video file format for people to transfer to their computers.

Include an enjoyable tutorial mode like The Gauntlet from SC:BD, so that new players can more easily learn the technical aspects of the game.

Have training mode be like SC:BD, with the ability to choose which side you want to start on by default. Also have a visual real-time display of move inputs when watching a move being done from the movelist, just like how it was in SC1.

Have an incredible Museum mode, where you can view weapon demonstrations, massive amounts of artwork, especially concept art, and also an option to view records and statistics, such as amount of hours played (don't have it stop at 999:99:99 like in SC4), and character usage statistics, among other things.

And also I strongly agree with this:
Oh, and MOST IMPORTANTLY...

Please don't listen to what everyone on this forum asks for in regards to specific moves and properties. Instead, please ask Namco to balance the characters as much as possible. Ideally, have Project Soul give some of us a closed beta of the game. Make sure that our best tournament players have the opportunity to give feedback on character balance. Don't take anyone else's opinion into consideration. Too risky.

That's all I can think of for now. :)

Edit: Here are some more additions that I would like to see:

Whenever a round ends, the next round should have the starting position near where the previous round ended. I think that was a nice touch in SC2 that helped keep the rounds feeling different.

One thing that I miss about all the previous games is the announcer actually saying the character's name when they win. Now he only says "You win" instead of the character's name. Just keep the "you win" when created characters win, and have him say the names if it's a standard character being used.

Also bring it back oldschool style and have the announcer say epic things like "Mitsurugi was seriously injured, but the SOUL STILL BURNS.".

And lastly, have the game also come out for PSP, with the exact same movelist, frame data etc. I would like to be able to practice the game when I am on the go.

I want to see Soul Calibur back on top, so here it goes.

Important Stuff

Balance and playtesting: so important to the game. Hopefully there is some good beta testing that takes place. Or maybe there’s an arcade release that helps balance and refine the game before coming to console, and or gets the fans out in Asia to play the game seriously. I also hope that there’s some sort of an update down the road after the next game has been out for a while since there will be stuff that will be found well after whatever patches are released for the game. A lot of people were hoping to see something done for the console game, then when Broken Destiny was released for the PSP, they were pretty much done with SC4. Things would be a lot different if there was a console update.

Online Play: I would love to see the online improved since you usually have to stick to 5 bar connections to have a good online experience. I would love to see a per charcter ranking like in Street Fighter and Tekken. You could use the titles from SC2 and take a character starting from Beginner and level them up to Grand Edgemaster. Something in addition to having an overall level. Maybe add custom titles and icons as well. People like those kinds of achievements. Look at Modern Warfare 2 and Street Fighter 4.

Other stuff:

Tutorial: SC4 has a great Training mode, but there’s no tutorial to teach people new to the game the basics of the game going up to the advanced stuff that’s in the game. SC3 has a tutorial. Plus it has a glossary. That stuff needs to make a return. Maybe bring back Olcadan or Edgemaster from SC1 to train people as well. Hell, maybe even both, especially since fans want to see the return of a random select character in this game.

Better Story Mode/Offline mode: The Story mode in SC4 was pretty lacking. To me, it didn’t tell much of a story and was over pretty quickly. There are a lot of people who care about the story, so I would like to see that improved. SC4 is also missing modes and content that has been a part of the series such as the weapon exhibitions, team battle, survival mode, etc. I would love to see that make a return, especially the weapon exhibitions since they would look awesome in HD.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rCIw1nzIw8

After round replays: After round replays have been in Soul Calibur for the longest. They’re still in Tekken, but for some reason, are not in SC4. Bring that back.

Hwang Sung Kyung/Li Long: I don’t know why these two keep getting added and removed from Soul Calibur. The next game should think about fanservice. Adding these two back in the game would make a lot of people happy, along with maybe adding Olcadan, Edgemaster, and a few others.

Old Costumes: SC4 offered pieces of old costumes as DLC, but it’s not the same as having the old costumes available for each character. What people would end up doing is try to recreate an old costume by using pieces from the custom costumes, but it’s not the same. A lot of people would love the old costumes to be available, so I hope that the new game can bring back the old costumes as well as add new ones.

Online Conquest mode: It was in the arcade version of SC2. Casual fans would love it if it was online.

Previous stage music: I would love to see the return of more music from the previous games. The Soul series has always been famous for its music. Along with new music, it would be nice to also have the old music available for use. It would also be a nice bonus to those who downloaded the music for SC1 as DLC for that to be available in the new game also.

More varied stages: I always loved Soul Calibur for its stages. SC4 has some cool stages, but others are pretty plain. I would love to see more stages that emphasize that time period that the game is set in. Also make sure that they don’t lag when there’s a lot of on screen action. The PS3 version of SC4 does that on certain stages.

Oofmatic said what I was looking to say, every character should have their own stage from around the world. I loved the stages in SC3, so I would love to see that done for the new game. Do keep the cool SC4 stages. And using a day/night cycle would also add variety. I don’t want to see the time of day change within match because that’s unrealistic, but the match starts at a specific time of day (morning, noon, evening, night) either at random or by choice.

More customization: Everyone loves customization. If possible, add more items people can use to customize their character. Allow for more slots to use customs. SC4 limits to 50. It would be hot if that can be increased. Allow the option to select per character voices like in Street Fighter 4. SC4 allows you to play the game in English or Japanese, but it would be hot if you can choose which language to use for each individual character.

Tag team/Switch mode: You can switch characters in the SC4 single player. It would be cool to see this as an additional versus mode that people can play.

Cutscenes/Rival battles: For story mode, add more cutscenes to help tell the story. For versus mode, when two specific characters are matched up, maybe a specific action and or dialogue takes place. It would add more hype before the start of a match instead of just some generic speech.

Improved museum: The same with Oofmatic, the museum mode should be improved over what's in SC4. I loved how in SC3 where you can select a character, read their bio/storyline, read about their background stage, play their voice lines, etc. Also add lots of videos, art, weapon demonstrations, detailed statistics, etc.

Soul Charge: Along the same lines as what Jaxel mentioned. I don't know why this was taken out of SC4. People love having options available to them instead of having them taken away.

Guest characters are always a hot button issue. For the next game, I would like to see it not have any guest or bonus characters and just focus on the characters in the Soul Calibur universe for a change. There's already character customization. If there's a character that someone is dying to have in the game, then they can just make them. Having custom, guest, and bonus characters just take from the characters who are canon to the game.

Rock/Amy: Rock has been in the game since Soul Blade, but in SC4, his aesthetic design is that of a custom character. If he's in the next game, I would like to see more uniqueness to his design and voice acting. Same with Amy.

Don't bring back Hwang and Li Long, we don't need more clones. Don't dispose of the Star Wars character move sets. CONQUEST MODE as seen in SC2 AE. Custom Characters only in unranked matches because of hit boxes and what not. Buff Buff BUFF and maybe a little nerfing.

More character customization parts and depth to the character customization! Other than that, though it'd probably take some creativity and whatnot on Namco's part, some type of in-game ladder system that tracks tournament results (probably even vids) that uses something like a gamercard or online to track battle records online and offline seems a bit farfetched but is a nice idea.

Either way, this topic has lots of ideas, good and bad, so that's all I could come up with. If it hasn't been said, I loved theater mode and the classy classical music they always put in certain menus of the game.

Hi, here are my suggestions.

Armor Breaks:
Please remove this feature so that created characters won't get stripped to their underwear.

Story:
As suggested, make everyone's story make sense instead of having a true/false ending.

Unlockables:
Keep it to Extra Modes, Costumes, Artwork etc. Stages and Characters should all be unlocked.

Default Costumes:
Would appreciate it if the characters are more covered up. It sucks when people keeping 'joking' that you are playing Slut Calibur. If you must, just add the bikinis and lingeries to the list of customizations.

Beta-Testing & Patches:
It's hard to balance a game so I think this is a must.

Soul Gauge & Critical Finish:
Good concepts, should stay. I think that Soul Gauge should not regenerate every round BUT after a break, it should replenish to it's original state and not lesser.

Move properties:
A move should not have too many good properties. The concept of 2 properties that Jaxel mentioned is a good way to start.

More Moves:
More moves allow a more varied styles of the same character. Back in SC II, I had a team of Nightmares and all of us played differently. I thought that was cool.
That said, please bring back Wall Jump & While Landing moves.

Training Mode:
I love the current training mode, please don't remove it. Command capture is a must!

Save Match Replays:
As mentioned, please allow this! VF has this, SC should have it too!

Take a page from SSF4's multiplayer options (both offline and online). Truth be told, that game's multiplayer was done as pristine as any fighting game will go (and this coming from someone who's NOT a fan of SF)

QFT on all who said closed beta. Players will always... ALWAYS find something more than just plain testers. Why do you think they let people like Wong play MvC3 first before anyone else?

Last, and this just coming from me personally... TAG battles please! This was already teased in SC4 and with more work on it, it can become a whole new game within the game itself!

I can only assume Namco's interest is due in part to seeing how well Capcom's direct involvement with their community has increased the profile of their games. EVO and the SSF4 is a hard spectacle to ignore. So regardless of what the motives are; its just smart business.

My suggestions would normally be of a gameplay nature; but in this case it's more of a gameplay aesthetics nature. This may piss off some purists, but SC4 is boring as shit to watch. Now before all you forumites get all up in arms, remember- your the educated viewer. SC4 requires some understanding of it's nuance in order to appreciate as a spectator. Let's compare to something like SSF4, where the bar of understanding to appreciation is lower, and yet at the same time the player pool is big; and the game is considered to have depth (not to argue it's depth compared to other games in the SF catalog).

The first priority of the design team in my opinion is to quite honestly, make the game LOOK GOOD when people watch it being played, so the game itself becomes it's own advertisement. Streams will inform peoples impressions; and whether we like it or not; SC4 at EVO 2k9 did not win us new players; despite having a HUGE audience to work with.

Enough with the safe poking, safe stepping type of enviornment the game mechanics encourage at high level play. This needs to be changed, or SC as a competitive game will continue to be a niche fighter, forever in the shadow of Tekken (unless Tekken happens to suck, as was the case in Tekken 4... ever notice how tons of people played SC2 after leaving Tekken?). Encourage players to take risks; and reward players for higher risks with higher rewards- both mechanically and aesthetically. The hard stuff should LOOK the coolest. It's that simple.

An execution curve also goes a long way to helping make the game "look good" believe it or not. Once again; I have to draw a comparison to SSF4. Even the lamest layman knows a hard combo when he see's it. The hard combos, interestingly, tend to do more damage or give a better reward in other fashions within the microcosm of that system (better wakeup, more meter, whatever). SC has always had an easy execution curve in the RIGHT places in previous games- movement, move motions, ect. The problem is, where getting damage is concerned that execution curve is also easy. The combos your seeing month 2 are the same combos you are probably going to be seeing forever. That's boring, and not at all cool looking.

Beyond that a gradual execution curve also gives the game a longer life, because it gives novice players SOMETHING TO STRIVE FOR. Notice the word GRADUAL there. As long as a player feels they have something new to learn or see, and the game rewards him for learning it, the longer a lifespan it will have. The longer lifespan a game has, the more exposure it gets in tournaments, videos, streams, ect. THIS IS FREE ADVERTISEMENT!!!

These complaints go into alot of other aesthetic concerns too- When costumes explode off a character and leave them in their underwear; that's ugly. When you allow people to make characters with a pink helmet and a bikini, that's ugly too. When you allow characters to juggle inescapably for more than 3 seconds at a time... that's boring. The game needs to be distinct from Tekken, not Tekken with weapons and ring-outs.

Beyond aesthetics, the game MUST have a GOOD online. The netcode need to take American and European internet infrastructure into account, not Japan's super internet. The Western Audience for this game is MUCH LARGER than the Japanese audience for this game. With a decent netcode, more people learn the game, thus more people participate in the game culture, thus more FREE ADVERTISEMENT.

More on that point, obviously the game needs to be patchable after release. I don't think ANYONE here has a problem paying for DLC characters/content in order to pay for the costs of creating these patches. I sure don't.

The designers should pay attention to Western Tournament results and videos with regard to it's balance concerns, NOT just Japanese. I would suggest looking to France/Europe for balance suggestions, as they have had the strongest (as in longest lasting with the highest median skill level) overall community for SC for a long time now.

Anyways; back to my cave. Good luck filthie and SC community.

-Idle

PS: The T&A in the game is getting a little ridiculous. Class it up a little, please.

the ability to change your controller setup while in online room would be nice. when i used pad i had different setups for different characters and it is a real pain to leave the lobby to change a button config.

ps. alot more attention payed to the stages. i dont need ducks walking past me while im fighting :D

- general damage buff
- guard breaks should give advantage if they don't already, and if they already do give advantage most of them should give more. if neither is satisfactory, just make it look like a normal move
- make it look cooler. as Idle said, the game is pretty boring to watch. faster paced gameplay would help, as would better looking hit effects and sound effects (they are straight up lame in SC4)
- cut some characters, add some new ones. stop it with the bonus and guest character crap.
- some kind of new innovation that changes things up like CF did. maybe just make the CF system a lot more complex

also I think that one stage (tira's stage?) with the circus and the cage walls you can knock over is cool. none of the other stages have walls that fall down like that but I think more stages like that would be interesting

I can only assume Namco's interest is due in part to seeing how well Capcom's direct involvement with their community has increased the profile of their games.

Please come back, Idle! Everyone misses you.

On topic-

-I would like to see a bigger variety of stages
-It would be nice if the stages had a daytime/night time option and/or weather changing options
-I would love to see a better single player mode and a mode to better train new players
-SCV needs a better netcode and a better ranking system.

some peoples voices should be banned, I'm not gonna name names but.....shit last thing I want are certain people having their opinions heard that SC5 ideas thread was horrible I don't want any of the ideas in that thread listened to

Reactions: SL
My main wishes for Soul Calibur V are, as everyone else said, balance of play, so that everyone feels that the game is fair. Ease of play is also important though, personally I find the system used in 4 is very good, easily understood but hard to master and with some tweaking should be just fine in 5.

You'll hear a lot of hate for Custom Characters, but I speak for those that absolutely love this part of 4. Its the main reason many of the more casual fans still play that game. I love how you can use the main character's outfits in Character Creation for Broken Destiny and would love to see that appear in 5, and though the wardrobe is big, bigger is always better. I also loved the "elf ears" in BD, so maybe the option to have heads with elf, cat and other unique ears and facial features would be nice (so they don't get broken off of course). And speaking of broken off, lessening damage to the point where the clothes are torn up would be nicer than them simply shattering off, as some outfits used for 2p normal characters do. Personally I'd love to see adjustable height and age but after reading and talking here, I can see how that would cause hitbox problems without something creative. Perhaps a few weapon styles not used on main characters especially made for very short or very big custom characters, or a "size ranking" based on height class that would let a character of a certain height only use a range of weapon styles that are close enough not to cause as much problem.

As for single player, I'd love to see a return of the old story driven quest modes from older SC games instead of the tower mode. And also removal of the whole "special" armor stats and the like and returning to basing all that around only the weapon. I only bothered with the Tower mode of 4 enough to earn a few achievements and I found unlocking all the armor parts through battle honors was much easier than even finishing the tower mode once. And make sure to include a good story mode for the normal characters, peppered with "real time" story moments between important rounds or events. Hate to quote another company's game, but see Blazblue for examples of really good story modes.

I really love SC4, its the game I play most often on LIVE, and have been looking forward to 5 for a long time, so thank you all so much for making it and taking the time to listen to the fans. With everyone's imput and fair balance, I'm sure this can be the best Soul Calibur ever made.

Here's my wishlist in short:
*Balance, balance, balance
*Make it cool to watch (seeing an insane "charge cancel combo" instead of a "critical finish" f,ex)
*Create characters that represent the following weapons: "Lance", "Steel Fan", "Dual Kunai" and "Sickle"
*Make sure the existing roster remains (excluding bonus, guest chars)
*Make sure Li Long (dual nunchuck) and Dampierre is in)
*Increase the speed to SC3:AE levels
*Steal the training mode from Virtua Fighter 5
*Much better netcode
*Steal the Starcraft 2 replay system
*Steal the Dead or Alive 3 "watch mode"
*Be active in the tournament scene by sponsoring pricemoney - make the pricemoney reach starcraft 2 levels (35 000$ price pools f.ex.)
*If its technically possible - make ranked battle mean a damned, like in starcraft 2, where ranked means everything(u get invited to tournaments, clans, sponsorship deals etc.). Right now, online play is'nt representative of offline play
at all (we all know that).
*Dont fix what isnt broken, make tiny adjustments to make everything balanced
*Dont go too crazy, focus on whats important so we dont have to wait too long for the game to hit stores.
*Copy Eve-Online char creation:

That is all, and thanx for reaching out, Filthyrich!

I am a HUGE SOUL CALIBUR FAN, and though I still play SC4 to this day, I really think you have a huge opportunity to step it up a bit! So here are my 2 cents, and hopefully it's something you really take to heart in making SC5. Though I think people have valid opinions about the gameplay, and the online stuff, I feel like there are more important issues, so like the Joker once said,

AND HERE WE............ GO:

1. STORY STORY STORY! WHAT HAPPENED TO THE STORY MODE?
- The thing first drew me into the Soul Calibur series was the amazing looking Characters, but right after that was the story! Soul Caliubur 1 - 3 (ESPECIALLY 3) really created this WORLD for you to jump right into. I loved story of the 2 swords and even the supporting characters like Olcadan. We want these characters that we play to have a REAL PATH to go down, backstories, rivalries with other characters, and so on. PLEASE DONT CHEAPEN THE STORY MODE FOR THE SAKE OF ONLINE PLAY.

2. CREATIVE STAGES
- The Stages in SC4 were almost laughable. Again, I have to go back to SC3 on this one. SC3 had incredible backgrounds that added so much to the gaming experience!! And EVERY CHARACTER had their own stage!
- Cassandra fighting in a burning building!
- Cervantes fighting a rocking ship in the middle of a storm!
- Raphael fighting while a CIVIL REBELLION is going on in the background!
Things like that made the game such a step beyond other fighting games. It made it fun while pulling you away into a different world. How about less RING OUT stages and clones of the same stage over and over and really think about giving every character a stage that is UNIQUE TO THEM! And even giving that character an advantage to fighting in his own stage!

3. REAL NEW CHARACTERS AND WEAPONS
- I REALLY HATED THE ADDITION OF THE STAR WARS CHARACTERS!!! ESPECIALLY YODA!!! They just added nothing to the SC4 experience. Not even in gameplay. And the clones like Shura, Ashlotte, and the others were a waste also. ALGOG was good in theory but he is a cheap character who has no real presence in the game. Give us something really NEW! New characters that add to the STORY and the other Characters in the game. And another SC3 had was new weapons for the create a fighter mode. Weapons like Blade fans and others that even the regular characters didnt have. Please give us more weapons to play with. Also there are some characters who i feel should not return cause their story should have been over like Rock, Yoshimitsu, Sophitia, and lizardman to name a few. I say, keep there weapons and fighting styles, but these characters can be retired now.

4. CREATED CHARACTERS
- I dont have much to say on this other than if its possible, give us more customization options. I would love to be able to create a short and fat fighter just because it would be different. And different racial features to be able to create any nationality i want. To be able to adjust the breast size or the muscle size. Just give us more options.

5. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, NO MORE TOWER OF SOULS!
- This took away a great deal from the game. And i cant think of anyone who enjoyed this mode.

6. ONLINE
- One thing that really pissed off a lot of players online was players who would sit and wait and kill time for you to pick your player so they could then pick theres. PLease change this! I think a better way to fix this is that NO ONE CAN SEE WHO YOU PICK UNTIL ITS TIME TO FIGHT. Also,........ Please make the selection time shorter, like mayber 10 seconds instead of 20. This will also waste less time for people.
- Also, i hate that people can just quit cause they are getting beaten. Please take away this option. A player should no longer be able to hit the start button and quit cause they are losing a fight.

7. LETS MAKE THINGS FAIR
- Please balance out the characters. Maxi, Hilde, and Asteroth can be really cheap characters. Please make the game play for these characters more "realistic". Some characters will be faster and some stronger, but at least give them a reasonable weakness to go along with the strengths. BALANCE!

8. GUEST CHARACTERS
- If you are going to add guest characters, please just add the ones the will add something to SC Universe. Like Kratos, or EZIO from assassins creed. Characters that could actually fit into the SC World and makes sense why they are there.

Anyway, these were just a few things that i think would be welcome additions to the SC5, I hope you really consider using them!!!

I really like AriesWarlock's post on the first page. Some really great idea's there and I hope Namco considers using them. Sounds like alot of work, and I really hope they do put alot of work into it. A release version that was rushed being put together would be a huge disappointment.

Ok, I really only have (off the top of my head) a few suggestions, and the first two deal with some other comments from earlier in the thread

1. Juggles: I agree that nobody wants to see Calibur turn into Tekken, but citing that SC2 mostly only had 2 or 3 hit combos gives the idea that that's what we wanna see. there should be 6 to 10 hit combos, provided their damage is reasonable and it doesn't take an extraordinarily long time to finish

2. Execution: Again, I half agree. There should be some moves or combos that require difficult execution for almost every character, however, for the love of god do NOT take it to the extent that other fighting games do. Do not turn it into a game *ahem, street fighter* where if you can't do one frame links, you can't compete at a tournament level. The difference between a combo where you miss the just frame and a combo where you hit the just frame should just be a little (10-20%) extra damage, or a situational ringout.

3. Soul Gauge/Soul Crushing: I loved the concept, but I thought it was a squandered oppurtunity. I think SG damage should be used as a balancing tool. No matter how hard you try, when you're designing a fighter, inevitably some characters are just going to turn out better than some others. You'll end up with characters who are less safe, or who do less damage, or who have worse ringout games. Balance that out as best you can first, then playtest it, and then, for the characters who end up doing a little more poorly than others, compensate them with a stronger soul gauge game.

There is no reason that a character like Voldo (who is, by the way, the coolest character in the history of fighting games, just sayin'), who has incredible tools, high damage, great mixups and a good RO game, a character who is universally considered top tier, should also have one of the very best soul gauge games in SC4.

Oh, and I'll tack on another suggestion

How about guard breaks that, you know....give advantage on block. Arbitrary lightning serves no purpose, and guard break moves that leave you at negative frames are just silly

Would be nice to have lobby rules to allow or not allow user created characters.

Also I really miss the shop girls from SCIII, buying weapons and armor in Soul Calibur IV was kinda weird. It was also tough buying all of it since some equipment pieces would only appear on certain characters like Voldo and Lizardman for example.

First i would like Namco to support this game as they support tekken, you would see how big and united this community is if you do, BALANCE, please bring back the same epicness the game used to have, stages and music like Soul calibur 1,2, and specially 3, PLEASE bring back HWANG AND LI LONG, Critical finish was a great idea, bring back soul charge if you can, some things i want are already mentioned by some of my fellow players. Pleaseeeee i would like to see this game with a great online gameplay, please release the game in Arcade first, if i have any more ideas i would post here.

Thanks for taking the time to listen to us.

Omega from Dominican Republic.

Live streams

3 Viewers
evolutiion_lee
evolutiion_lee
Trying to administer these hands tonight. Heavy hitters club. Road to 50 Subs. Let's get it.
1 Viewers
Pukhlly
Pukhlly
Es dar o recibir Pijazos 🥵

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luca9974
Back