Turn Your Voice Into The New Game.

I would like to start by saying Happy New Years! I hope that people are excited about the news and just want to move forward and put this gig into gears. I need to hear your thoughts on a concentrated level about the new game coming out. With that said, lets use this particular room for discussion of what you the fans / competitors / organizers / moderators / admins want in this new game.

Try your best to keep me informed as I will be working hard to really ensure that the voice of the community is heard. Everyone deserves a chance to speak their mind on things, my role here is to make sure that your message doesn't fall on dead ears.

Stay on topic : What would make the next SC game GREAT. details details details... Take care everyone.

FilthieRich (www.twitter.com/filthierich) (www.facebook.com/soulcalibur)

I liked in SCII when the stage's could hurt you in fun way's like the Ice and the Fire Stage. They should try this again! :D

Hahaha, the fun fire, ice, and quicksand levels from SC2 would be great if we had stage control on random stage select for offline play. I don't much care about online stage select... everyone chooses the cage or Ostrheinsburg anyway.

I can only assume Namco's interest is due in part to seeing how well Capcom's direct involvement with their community has increased the profile of their games. EVO and the SSF4 is a hard spectacle to ignore. So regardless of what the motives are; its just smart business.

My suggestions would normally be of a gameplay nature; but in this case it's more of a gameplay aesthetics nature. This may piss off some purists, but SC4 is boring as shit to watch. Now before all you forumites get all up in arms, remember- your the educated viewer. SC4 requires some understanding of it's nuance in order to appreciate as a spectator. Let's compare to something like SSF4, where the bar of understanding to appreciation is lower, and yet at the same time the player pool is big; and the game is considered to have depth (not to argue it's depth compared to other games in the SF catalog).

The first priority of the design team in my opinion is to quite honestly, make the game LOOK GOOD when people watch it being played, so the game itself becomes it's own advertisement. Streams will inform peoples impressions; and whether we like it or not; SC4 at EVO 2k9 did not win us new players; despite having a HUGE audience to work with.

Enough with the safe poking, safe stepping type of enviornment the game mechanics encourage at high level play. This needs to be changed, or SC as a competitive game will continue to be a niche fighter, forever in the shadow of Tekken (unless Tekken happens to suck, as was the case in Tekken 4... ever notice how tons of people played SC2 after leaving Tekken?). Encourage players to take risks; and reward players for higher risks with higher rewards- both mechanically and aesthetically. The hard stuff should LOOK the coolest. It's that simple.

An execution curve also goes a long way to helping make the game "look good" believe it or not. Once again; I have to draw a comparison to SSF4. Even the lamest layman knows a hard combo when he see's it. The hard combos, interestingly, tend to do more damage or give a better reward in other fashions within the microcosm of that system (better wakeup, more meter, whatever). SC has always had an easy execution curve in the RIGHT places in previous games- movement, move motions, ect. The problem is, where getting damage is concerned that execution curve is also easy. The combos your seeing month 2 are the same combos you are probably going to be seeing forever. That's boring, and not at all cool looking.

Beyond that a gradual execution curve also gives the game a longer life, because it gives novice players SOMETHING TO STRIVE FOR. Notice the word GRADUAL there. As long as a player feels they have something new to learn or see, and the game rewards him for learning it, the longer a lifespan it will have. The longer lifespan a game has, the more exposure it gets in tournaments, videos, streams, ect. THIS IS FREE ADVERTISEMENT!!!

These complaints go into alot of other aesthetic concerns too- When costumes explode off a character and leave them in their underwear; that's ugly. When you allow people to make characters with a pink helmet and a bikini, that's ugly too. When you allow characters to juggle inescapably for more than 3 seconds at a time... that's boring. The game needs to be distinct from Tekken, not Tekken with weapons and ring-outs.

Beyond aesthetics, the game MUST have a GOOD online. The netcode need to take American and European internet infrastructure into account, not Japan's super internet. The Western Audience for this game is MUCH LARGER than the Japanese audience for this game. With a decent netcode, more people learn the game, thus more people participate in the game culture, thus more FREE ADVERTISEMENT.

More on that point, obviously the game needs to be patchable after release. I don't think ANYONE here has a problem paying for DLC characters/content in order to pay for the costs of creating these patches. I sure don't.

The designers should pay attention to Western Tournament results and videos with regard to it's balance concerns, NOT just Japanese. I would suggest looking to France/Europe for balance suggestions, as they have had the strongest (as in longest lasting with the highest median skill level) overall community for SC for a long time now.

Anyways; back to my cave. Good luck filthie and SC community.

-Idle

PS: The T&A in the game is getting a little ridiculous. Class it up a little, please.

Please listen to this man. Hes thought about this more than anyone.

Please make Ivy pretty because in Soul calibur Iv she looked very manly in the face.
Would you please make a Hot black female character with two Ivy whips in her hand? That would be soo cool.

Talking about changing the game mechanics can be difficult because we can't know what direction the creators want to take. But I would like if they don't use SC4 forward step, or rushin step. It's way too fast they're was nothing wrong with the old one.
Of course I would like the return of guard retreat and guard advance as well. I like that parrys can wall splat you on a wall, I don't like that they drop you to the floor.

Things in Tekken that were in SC2...bring these back.
Wall Jumps into attacks.
While landing moves.
Cancels, or the various canceling of moves, adds a lot to game play.
And launchers into juggles. SC used to have juggles where did they all go?

A new feature I would like to see in SC4, is 4 player vs.
That is 4 people 2 vs 2 online or offline, in one match with 4 controllers. I hope we can use the switch feature in some serious vs.

Also instead of having one universal input for critical finishers, can we get actual inputs. And maybe getting CF doesn't mean instant death but, like 60% damage or something.

Whatever is decided, please keep this a SOUL CALIBUR game, I few juggles are ok, but if I can kill someone from 80% health in 1 air juggle, I might as well be playing Tekken, and I wont play Tekken. I liked SC4, not to much I would change, but I would still like to create my own player, with a bunch of diffrent critical finish moves to choose from. Also Keep Taki in the game!!!

1 more thing, show me full CG endings, I really liked seeing them in games like FF, SC3 did ok, but give me more!!

Gameplay wise, SC4 is pretty great, but a lot of features were taken out from the older versions of the game that was perplexing to me. I spend far more time playing the game offline and I would like to see more options playing offline.

1. SC1 and SC2 both had team mode. SC3 got rid of it and I found that somewhat disappointing. SC4 did not have it either and that ended up being a disappointment for me as well. This was honestly my favorite part of the game and I really hope that it returns in SC5.

2. I know this may not sound like much, but I really enjoyed being able to adjust my life meter down to 0% (or whatever the lowest was in SC1-SC3). My friends an I still like to play the one-hit KO mode in the older games and will play them just for this. I would have like to do this in SC4 as well, but the life bar will not go low enough to make this sort of gameplay possible.

3. Somewhat related to the above request is having an infinite round count for versus. Additionally, having a replay after every round would be great to see again.

Beyond the reintroduction of old features, there could be a larger selection of offline modes as well. Obviously the tag mode from the single player mode of SC4 would be just fantastic to be able to play in a versus setting. It would also be great to have an option where it is a 4 player tag mode; P1 and P2 control the 2 characters on the left and P3 and P4 control the 2 on the right. Marvel Vs Capcom 1 had this exact mode called cross fever for the dreamcast version and it was always fun. I would love to see more than just this added, but I can't really think of any other mode to add.

More customization options would make this game far more interesting to people like me who value customization so greatly.

1. A stage creator would actually be extremely useful. It could be fairly basic like Brawl, but being able to adjust the layout, size and wall placement of a custom stage would be just fantastic. I always wanted to be able to play this game on an infinitely sized ( or really large ) stage with no walls and no ring outs. It would also be fun to have a stage with a giant hole in the middle. Having this feature alone would answer the requests for more stages without actually having to try to please everyone with more stage selection.

2. The character creation was great, but I feel as though it could be even better by giving more options to the player. Being able to adjust the character's body in specific areas would be optimal. I would like to be able to modify specific aspects of their faces mostly though. Offering slight adjustments to their height and weight without ruining hitboxes would be good as well. We probably dont need characters like Yoda who are so short that they cannot be grabbed or those that are so big that they cover the life bars.

-The equipment is fairly static as well. I would like to see options to adjust elements of clothing and armor. For instance, I could pick a skirt and make it longer or shorter or increase or decrease the length of the spikes on certain pieces. Stuff like this would make characters amazingly unique. Being able to do the same to hair would be great.

-Tattoos have mysteriously been under represented in character customization in SC3 and SC4. Give us the opportunity to layer tattoos on our character!

3. Weapon customization/creation could also be an amazing addition to this game. Give us some basic pieces and let us adjust size, rotation and other stuff to make the weapon of our dreams. This would also answer the requests for more characters as well as giving us the opportunity to make a character that is totally unique. If weapon creation is not a viable option, at least being able to change the color of weapons would be good, though creating one from scratch is heavily preferred.

While this game bears staggering resemblance to ModNation in anyway, the depth of customization in that game is simply staggering. Again, I am not asking for this same level of customization, but it is something to look at if you were interested in seeing what sort of game greatly interests people who like customization.

I am not terribly concerned with gameplay issues in terms of balance, as I am sure that you dont need us telling you how to balance a game. I would, however, love to see interaction with the community like Capcom has with theirs. Essentially, I am requesting more DLC in the vein of more costume parts over time or new characters being added. I would even like to see the weird custom bonus characters return from SC3

This is all I could think of to make SC5 perfect. I sincerely hope that you take the customization options into consideration.

I would like to see Amy run away from Raphael. The end of her story for SC4 made me feel like she is getting tired of being his 'beloved' daughter.

I would also love to see Amy meet Talim, because they are such Dark versus Light characters, and are about the same age too.

While i would like to see the art and looks of the characters evolve, i would not want them to change the facial features and the look of the characters too much. I'm very used to how they all look in SC4, and while i'm all for new costumes, hairstyles, and better texture and higher resolution and all that stuff, i do want to still be able to recognize them, and not have the feeling they look like completely different people, as some of the characters did between 3 and 4. (I always felt like Xiangua looks like she had a facelift in SC4)

Here are my SC5 suggestions/requests/demands lol scratch that last one...
------------------------------------------------------------
(All listed from 1 to 7 in order of personal preference)

Small things

1. Battle Recorder/Uploader, as long as it's stable; Possibly all matches could be recorded for playback by anyone for things like records, as well as the ability to convert/edit your own recordings

2. Fix random DCs online, perhaps add more modes and make the menu screens more flexible

3. Bring back classic characters, but no more clones please.

4. Bring back Charade and Edgemaster, to me they tie in too closely to be left out.

5. Include more modes throughout the game, especially single player, but no repeats of the Tower, a poor replacement for story elements such as Edge Master mode in previous games.

6. I'd like it if the way the attributes in the CaS mode are allocated is changed, many people seemed forced to use things they didn't want out of necessity. Not me, as I don't play special vs. anymore (though it was all I played on SC2), but needless to say this system can be improved.

7. Finally, what SC4 had in the way of extras was nice, but unlockables need to have a certain satisfaction attached to them beyond doing what you've just done, slightly differently, ie weapons and armour. Galleries and theatres were a nice feature of the old games, put the time in to include them properly.

Big things

1. I know everyone's probably said/going to say it and it probably still won't be enough, balance, can never have too many playtests.

2. Guest characters, there's a lot of stigma attached to including these, so make sure it will be done well/right before anything is commited, as they'll be no going back, having invested your most important resource in them.

3. Having said that, when I bought SC4 it was online that made me comeback for more, improving online is a given but...

4. The single-player game should not be left in the background, I'm a long-time fan with the patience to pick up the new techniques as slowly as I need to. For most players these days it will be the single player that helps them learn the game, make the story enjoyable again, I know it's also a given. These things should be considered well before anything else, so they can be easily integrated once the real work's done.

5. No game can rely on online for everything, let alone replay value, don't make the mistake of putting too much faith in online. It can be a game killer...

6. Lastly, I've seen what you're capable of, from Soul Edge/Soul Blade to Dreamcast SoulCalibur, and Tekken to TTT2, I trust in you, make us proud... Again

7. One more thing, I don't really look at the move lists, but when I did it seemed random which moves were included, I'd stumble on a JF or something only to find it unrepresented. Could we please have all the JF's listed, I don't mind hidden moves like Iron Fist Posession however.
----------------------------------------------------
Other Things

Character Creation:
Aside from guests and online, this is the best way to encourage new players and keep them playing. Just what I'd like to see, would be a little more variety, I've always liked the attribute element, but as I mentioned above it could be improved. Personally, I'd like to see slightly more options to keep them interesting and less generic, and of course more weapons and items. The main characters with accessories for example, were rare and what they had was a little generic.

We could also have some more types of characters, more then just humans, perhaps beasts, like Lizardman, or perhaps even androids/robots, or some of the skeletal type monsters faced in SC4.

Guest Characters:
Everyone jumps on the cynical bandwagon very quickly don't they, but that's not all guests are about. To me, for a guest to be a real success they have to introduce a unique style to the game, something you wouldn't see in the game otherwise. Heihachi added iron fists, Spawn added his hell chains and cape, and Link was Link... (Not that I ever played that version lol)

Personally, I'd like to see the return of SW characters, the story element they had was out there, but so is stabbing someone in the guts only for them to hop right back up.

As I said about the story, it's easy to just let it go over your head and not notice the numerous touches SC4 had in it's single player to make the story that little bit more unique. The CaS is a good example of this, I'd like to see the CaS having a better background, which could also include SW CaSouls and their unique fighting styles.

Another, less serious, suggestion for a guest of mine is Manny Calavera, of Lucasarts' Grim Fandango. Not a current game or one likely to see a sequel, but a cult following, make him more secret, maybe involve him in Zasalamel's story as his Reaper, come to send him to his 'afterlife'. Just so long as it adds the character without taking away from SC5, no Guybrush or LeChuck, no matter how much they pay you lol.

That is all on guests, there's enough suggestions out there to keep you going I'm sure, just no more Kratos, they sure are handing him out these days. But if you do keep SW, be sure to keep the originals, and keep improving them, such as Yoda, no matter how many people moan he was a brave choice and a great achievement in terms of character design for this series.

Far as guests go they can add valuble support to the development, but should not be allowed to hijack the game itself.

Music/Voiceovers:
I've always liked the music in all the SC series, but recently I've noticed (which is to say I haven't) it being a little shallow. BGM is just that, but it should help immersion as opposed to being ignored altogether. The only music that I really notice is the character select music, which naturally seems to add to the style of the game. As such I wouldn't suggest anything too radically different, I have some suggestions however;

For signature stages a signature theme is in order, but it might be nice to give the characters their own theme, and a selectable theme for the CaS'. Lots of recent games have gone into using independant music, with lots of variety, maybe give the gamer a choice of their soundtrack that has lots of variety.

As for voiceovers, the main cast should be no problem, however the CaS is more complicated. I would suggest having more different types of voices for different types of CaS'. The whole CaS system needs more options for the characters on the whole so the only thing I'm going to suggest is to keep the entirety of the system in mind when developing it from the beginning to the finished product.

Stages:
The stages in SC4 weren't awful, the SW stages in particular were great, including the authentic music was a nice touch. However most of the stages made no sense in real terms, taking into account how the characters got into that position and such.

What I'd really like to see however is some more interactive levels. I don't mean anything like Tekken's floor breaking, smaller things perhaps, like a particular wall. Perhaps smashable windows, or other things that a character could be smashed through for appropriate fall damage.

Things that have already been done like the ring fire were also nice touches. As a basic start I'd say levels upon the levels that affect the gameplay differently, perhaps with different hazards at different stages, for example, RO's or the ring of fire, something perhaps that would damage your opponent when knocked/forced into it. I'd also say to try and minimise RO danger at early stages of matches, no more Seesaw or tiny square stages. Again please try and have the levels make a degree of practical sense.

Character Changes
Just a little list of things I'd like for my favourite characters;

Yoshimitsu
He comes across as fairly lonely, so I'd like to see him get a sidekick, someone who mixes up his style with that of another weapon. His mechanical hand is a novel feature, maybe (perhaps for the other characters with a similar option as well), this could be expanded to do more in the way of unique abilities. Don't get me wrong, his DF stance is very cool, but that ends up being relied on all the time and it's the only ability his mechanical hand adds.

Lizardman
This character, on the other hand is built on loneliness, but this needs expanding, he's fairly violent and savage naturally but he was a man and his fighting style is very civilised (for a reptilian). I like this, as well as his playful attitude, I'd just like to see some more powerful moves and JFs. Also make his tail less superficial so it affects his actual combat ability.

Talim
The one with the wind needs a slightly more grown up voice by now, more JFs as well I'd say.

Cervantes
He has two swords, give them both guns perhaps, he could do with some more reliable range aspects.

Astaroth
Finally, an old favourite, destroying the myth that big characters have to be slow and clumsy. Two things, 214A, make it a potenial ring-out like it always should of been, and 66B, give it back it's mid hit, perhaps give it less tracking to compensate. Other then that, great job so far with him!
I'd say that's it for the moment, thank you all for your attention.

Most of the long winded posts(Oof, Jaxel, Malice back on pg2 to name a few) nail everything I wanted to say.

Uhm, I stress maybe either a lot playable public beta builds(Like Marvel vs Capcom 3 has been doing) or an Arcade Release before coming to home consoles.

Also, if the game needs an update patch or DLC/expansion package. Please, release it. Releasing an updated product on a different platform is a slap in the face to those who invested time and money into the original version. Trust me, even it's a DLC Package update, people will pay for it.

I have to agree with Docvizzo. The move is fine as it is. iMCF was somewhat better in SC3/SC3AE where it was 0 on block (lol?)

My own personal omnibus and caveat, trying to keep in general terms, because I'm not qualified enough to argue that a move should be +6 instead of +3 on hit: Also trying to make this things that could be achievable and realistic. I'm setting this in order of what I'd want most first, then moving on down.

I am not a good tournament player- my real ability level is probably that of a decent pot monster. I love the series, because it suits what I like in a fighter, moreso then any other fighter.

Gameplaywise, I think the general gameplay engine in SC4 was actually pretty good. The problem was the game lacked moves/had missing moves, and had severe balancing issues. I actually went to an anime con yesterday and played some SC3. I forgot how sparse the movelists were in 4 until I played 3. Personally, I'd want to see a good portion of the budget set aside

The one thing I would adjust that's been a SC staple is the small handful of overcomplicated moves such as Summon Suffering/Criminal Symphony and a couple others. There's no fun in those moves for many players, as they can't do them without more practice then they're willing to tolerate. This would not sacrifice gameplay, just frustration, provided the character retains sufficient depth (Ivy is one of the deeper characters anyways) I've suggested a double half-circle or a 360 for the moves, which are more logical and learnable then the traditional command, yet of sufficient length to not make them doable on reaction. This is something that should be tested with avverage game players to see if they can learn to occaasionally succeed in performing the command in practice mode after thirty minutes of practice , as a suggestion.

Also, just frame moves that are poorly designed, such as moves that are punishable on-hit if you fail to JF them, need to be avoided at all costs. Just Frames should be a bonus for execution, not a penalty for failing to execute as a general design principle. The bonus can be gameplay, visual, or preferably both.

The only system I'd want to see removed in SC5 is Armor Breaking, because it doesn't really add anything to gameplay, and it's not visually pleasing to fight characters in their underwear.

Critical Finish I am indifferent to in terms of its inclusion or removal, though I believe CF would need to be rethough some if it is kept.

The most important thing though, is that the game stays Soul Calibur, with an emphasis on pokes, frame traps (something missing). I'd want to see long combos kept out of the game. Too many fighting games have those anyways.

Netcode and netplay in general: Netcode in Namco games is flat-out unacceptably horrible. I'd say your goal should be to reach the quality of VF5 on the 360. They accomplished this through generous input buffers and sufficient blockstun. I would alter gameplay in these areas to assist the netcode (and many fighting game hardcores like both those things anyways)

Patching: This is very important, as let's face it, Namco programmers work long hours in crunch, and crunch leads to mistakes. I'd want 2 patches over the life of the game, to fix mistakes and balance issues. I'd want one patch around 2-4 months out, and another about a year out. Most of the community would pay good money for a 2nd patch, especially if bonus DLC content was included. I think it is very important for a fighting game, with its need for competitive balance, to cover its bases in case of mistakes such as VC or Hilde RO combos.

in-game rewards for netplay should be oriented towards the following:
1) encouraging players not to drop connection.
2) Making it where people do not feel a need to play single-players if they do not wish to. I'm sure you guys spend a ton of time on them, and they're nice, but in the end, a significant portion of the community wants to just play the game, and customize their characters (the one single-player area that the online community really enjoys)

Graphics:
The level of graphical detail in SC4 was fine. I'd just wish to see slowdown be the priority, be sure to try and avoid slowdown on both platforms, even at a slight decrease in scale/graphical quality.

Character customization:
The customization and create-a-soul features in SC4 were the strongest area of the game. I'd like to see these areas expanded upon. The guest characters in SC4- my suggestion would be instead of guest characters, have guest costumes.

Sound:
I'd like to see more old-school SC soundtracks from the first three games. They were superior to SC4. Low priority though.

Game modes:
Special VS was a bad idea aesthetically, as it led to a proliferation of "football helmet clown shoes guy" type outfits. If you are to keep this mode (I suspect you will), I'd suggest implementing set bonuses ala Din's Curse/Diablo to discourage this behavior.

My main wish for SP modes is to be quite blunt and honest, for them to attract casual players who aren't overly interested in competition to play the game, while not forcing me to play the modes. That's the real design challenge with single-player. SP modes often feel like grinding to me, and the last thing I want to do with a game I wish to play for competitive purposes is to grind, either with excessively hard execution or repetitive single-player modes.

I miss Soul Charging. It didn't have to be removed for Critical Finishes to fit in; keep the CF system in place and make Soul Charging deplete some of your Soul Gauge. That would add some serious strategy regarding what options you have vs. the threat of getting CF'd.

Oh, and if custom characters/armor breaks remain in the next game, please don't make their clothes break off awkwardly like glass. All standard characters have decent options that, at the most, break some armor and leave the clothing beneath it present.

I really think the inclusion of team battle would be a step in the right direction, especially from a mainstream point of view. Everyone that I have spoken to who has played team battle from SCII has missed it, and there was no real reason for it to go missing.

I think Soulcalibur 5 should Have the Good bonus characters(Luna,Strife(but as dark strife resurrected by the power of soul edge and becomes a new antagonist other than sieg and nightmare),Abelia,Li long and Hwang from sc3 and Retain the ones from Sc4.

Please give Xianguaha back 6B+K and 6B+K~G cancel from SC2. In general add more cancellable moves to the entire game.
Please give more thought to Raphael's prep and VE stances. In SC4 it is virtually useless. He needs a bigger movelist, safer moves and more anti step moves like a safe mid horizontal please.

Characters like Ivy and Astaroth get better in each version of soul calibur with damage and range but have few unsafe moves. Im not complaining but I think character's shouldn't be punished for having good moves by removing them but I believe the other characters should be boosted by giving them additional moves and properties that are equally problematic to be able to compete with such high damage characters.

No guest characters please. At least none that don't fit into the world of Soul Calibur. No projectile characters like Algol please.

Make the bonus characters unique and not clones. No console specific characters either.

I would like an infinite stage with no walls or ringouts.

PLEASE TAKE AWAY THE SOUL CRUSH SYSTEM!! It is retarded to punish a player for having good defense especially in high level play considering all characters do not have equal soul crush properties on their moves. At least give us the option to turn it off.

PLEASE SUPPORT THE COMMUNITY AND TOURAMENT SCENE!

Although it was already mentioned, I would like a faster game. SC 4 is very slow and it would be great if SC 5 is the same speed as SC 2, 3, etc.

iMCF needs tracking, and change it to a mid please. stun on NH would be pretty sweet too. DO EEET fgt

My List of What I want improved or changed from a deep casual detail stand point.

Characters to Bring Back:
I Think they should rebirth Luna, Olcadon, Abyss, Lynette, Hwang, Assassin as ACTUAL roster additions. Bonus characters makes them seem so unsignificant. Compared to Tekken SC4's actual roster seems a bit small. Rather then being bonus they should be as important to the main roster as Zasalamel and Hilde are.

Changes: Hwang could upgrade to 2 Board Swords, like Zuko from Last Airbender:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjuYytdf2Ps

• Hwang's whole reason for removal was to be replaced by Yung Seung wasn't it? So upgrading him could introduce a new style and a reason to keep him. A reason I thought of could be he trained in China for a few years advancing his original style. On his search for homing skill but is offereded an upgrade by a chinese warrior to use duo weapons and encounters Yeung Seung to test off his new style. (I hope for recycled moves from Cervantes, he should get brand new ones with kicks and everything)
  • Assassin:-
  • He needs a real name and some personality. (Evil hopefully)
  • He needs an Arabian or Egyptian Area and Theme maybe even tie him with Voldo.
  • A brutal and sadistic types of moves and a newly designed blade
  • Lynette: -
  • And improvement on her Dancing Style
  • Her innocence is similar to Talim's which could affect the story. Her destined Battle could be with Olcadon and or Assassin.
  • Abyss: -
  • Could be revived as a wondering soul with glowing eyes and be apart of Nightmare's Armageddon and be fought in Edgemaster as an underworld boss.
  • (Maybe)Berserker (SC2)
  • His fighting style could be a Big Sheild (like the giant spiked Sheilds used for the Gaurds in SC4 from the castle stage.)
  • Olcadon -
  • He is the master of all weapons and for those who want to be a radom character or who's mastered all characters can test their skill with him.
  • Strife Astlar
  • After reading his backstory it potrays him to be insane and demented, a new take on being a knight.
  • His weapon style is new or can be new and he obtains soul edge.
  • His Destined battle could be Tira
NO BONUS CHARACTERS:
Kamikirimusi is great though, I wish they gave the option to use her Oni club in CaS. Or better they give her her own moveset unlike Rock, Asteroth or Nightmare. I did wish they went for a more historical oni look for her:
http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn280/Yoshimage99/Anime Girls/White and grey hair/b6ba578a2aa0eae9a49ff668ea4a30a8158.jpg

(It would be interesting if Kamikirimusi was a possible new host for soul edge in Tira's eyes but not replacing nightmare)

Single Player:
  • Bring Back the Shop to buy Items as an alternate way of unlocking.
  • Edgemaster mode as an alternate mode.
  • Tower of souls needs to Be removed or remade like SC3's Battle arena
  • Tournament / Gladiator mode featuring a stage like the roman colosseum and have it set up like Dragonball's tournament mode (you see who you're paired up with then you encounter each other. The animation in SC2 where characters look at each other and talk would be so much more impacting.
  • Return of The Shop:
images

StoryMode:
  • Bring back the "Tale of Souls" from Soul calibur 3 but updated.
  • The return of Destiny Battles between characters before a Final fight so we know who's who's Rival or personal enemy.

Abelia Destiny Fight = Siegfried or Hilde or Amy
    Luna Destiny Fight = Scheherazade, Dampierre, or Tira
    Li Long Destiny Fight = Maxi or Kilik
    Hwang Destiny Fight = Assassin or Yeung Sung or Seung Mina
    Kamikirimusi Destiny Fight = Yoshimitsu or Nightmare
    Assassin Destiny Fight = Talim or Yeung Seung
-Characters need to be encountered variously like when Tira jumped down and appeared before you in SC3 and spoke or Zasalamel watches you then tries to kill you but you can dodge or get hit with the gear.

- In combat subtitled conversation during a fight would also do more to see how a character feels about a situation. (like during the gameplay when Nightmare fights Siegfried, they would argue)

Nightmare -"Seigfried you are one step away from all darkness...."
SeigFried - "No, I am done with Nightmares...begone Phantom."

- It needs to be as innovated as SC3's where choices were made that affect who was fought, and it felt like a journey. (A village Gate stage would help.) Even if the story was an updated version of SC3's It would be just fine.

Ending (I didn't understand Amy's ending at all, it was silly and confusing.) It would be nice if she was an evil character now with a hint of soul edge inside her.

Mechanics:
  • Game speed needs to go back to the faced pace SC2 and SC3 was. SC4 was too slow and boring.
Music Suggestion:
  • More Upbeat or Dramatic Themes to use for stages, especially for the final boss.

Stages/Arenas:
  • Have the levels begin to expand when you break down a wall. I would also like to see characters being thrown out of windows for ring outs. Charcters should also fall through the floor in building stages. Small things like hitting Paintings and making them fall like in Ivy's mansion in SC3 is nice detail or Books falling off a shelf in Zasalamel's library.
  • There should be an area where there are no ring outs but not a tight spot, like say a stage and if you knock someone of you keep following them like in Dead or alive. Ring outs should only be for water stages or pit stages.
  • Stages should be added for every individual character along with their own theme.
  • The "Abyss" Stages shouldn't have you just fall down but fly away.
  • Burning stage, Hell stage, Haunted Tower, Church, Roman Colosseum, Destroyed village, Village Path or Forked Road should be added.
  • (Critical Finishes should not change the background)
New Weapons to be featured:
  • Long Sword /LARP Greco Sword
  • Gauntlets + Greeves (as One styled hand to hand combat)
  • Duo Hand Axes (Could go to LizardMan)
  • Sickle (from SC3)
  • Pick Axe
  • Theif Dagger (No Bombs)
  • 3 Prong Sai (What Mileena/Ninja Turtle Raphael use)
  • Hook Swords (What Mortal Kombat Kobal uses)
  • Duo Board Swords (for Hwang)
  • Grieves and Gauntlets (as 1 Style)
  • Spike all and Chain /Dire LARP Flail
  • Spartan Spear / Lance
  • Ninja Sword
  • Overloard Battle Hammer/War Hammer (Add on to Rock)
  • Persian Prince War Scimitar (For Assassin if Returning)
The Revival of Link's Fighting Style (Long Sword) for character creation or a new character to the series. (Not link but a new character with his fight style)
%5Banimepaper.net%5Dpicture-height-video-games-the-legend-of-zelda-anime-soul-calibur-soulcalibur2-link-79115-giwax-medium-feb61341.jpg

Presentation:
  • New Animations Victory Poses which interact with the loser:
  • The Return of the Soul calibur 2 VS. Screen + the buttons linked to speech before the fight starts during the loading screen (Bottom) It also would be a nice screen to be used in Tekken aswell.
images
images

Critical Finishes:
  • Need to stay in the stage you fight in.
  • They need to be more eye catching and innovative
  • (I hoped for something like this below going to Sophitia or Nightmare)
Character Creation:
  • Allow Players to alter physical size, (Talim to Rock) age, physical, apperances like the face morphing, body morphing, and hair/clothing length. (SD vs Raw games know how to do it)
  • Along with all the previous creatin voice caps from SC3's creation mode (already done in Broken Destiny)
  • Remove all The generic random outfits from the current set of bland clothing and replace them with all the costumes worn by characters in previous games includind concepts.
  • Clothing should be Unisex (Both genders can wear anything of either except underwear) also additions of old outfits from the previous installments in the Soul calibur series and to SC5's 1P outfits like in Broken Destiny. New unergarmet additions to added such as Fundoshi, Wrapped Cloth, Barbarian chain, Elegant Princess lingerie, and Fishnet tights, Boxer shorts, Bike Shorts.
  • Have clothes become torn, not fall off, just like canon characters have.
  • Remove stats from clothing, it gives less freedom to what we want our characters to look like. Stats should come from weapons and items.
  • Allow player to give their character a soul edge look (arm, eyes, legs, torso and Aura) Aura to be also an item unlocked used for equiping onto created characters, for destinction of their attributes. The more evil the aura, the darker red it is along with the brighter glowing eye lights. The more pure the character, the lighter blue the aura.
    Have the number of pieces increase from 300 to 600 with different pieces to use. Points should no longer tied to clothing, but are bound into accessories such as, belts, armour, hats, earings, jewlery, gauntlets, gloves..etc.
  • Also being able to create people of other races correctly, which means the face MUST be morphable not just 8 slates preset.
images
images

• (Above) Bring back all outfits from previous games and remove the miscellaneous generic clothing pieces given in SC4 in character creation mode like "Jester hat" and "Cloth Shirt" etc.
  • Here is The trailer for Sims Middle Ages game and shows a great example of how Seep SC5's character creation needs to be. I was vexed and beside myself with bordom of how shallow SC4's story mode was, I know this isn't an RPG but still pathetic.

Hello Mr. Filthierich,
I come representing the Soul Calibur community here in Brazil, and I have some suggestions coming from almost all the fans here in the country. Thank you for giving this space to all fans and players.

- Bring back Hwang and Li Long, many players love them;

- More new regular characters; * some players said Bangoo or Tanegashima would be great, so I have to put it here.

- Place variations of single and versus play modes like The Soul Calibur II (Team play, team versus, etc.). And, if it is possible, add the "team tag battle system" that is avaliable on Tower of Lost Souls mode (If you want to check my video, some players liked the idea: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAzXDxLBblM) * So, a "team tag versus mode", for example.

- If possible, put the characters with their original voices like Namco is doing with Tekken Tag 2 (Raphael - French, Cervantes - Spanish). Or, at least, distinguish the voices of characters individually like Street Fighter IV (Miturugi-Japanese, Siegfried-English, etc. ). * Darth Vader speaking Japanese or Setsuka speaking English were terible.

- A better connection to online mode;

- The "versus battle system" and the frame data of the game is perfect, even better than SCII and SCIII. Please, maintain this system (with the changes of SCBD) focusing the balance of the characters (Rock could be better, for example). More moves would be great also.

- If you have to kill Nightmare or Siegfried because of the history of the game, please, instead, based both on the same character again, uniting two of the moves list (Soul Smash, Grim Stride of Night and the stances of Siegfried) with the look of the Soul Calibur II - the best ever.

Thanks and hugs from all SC Brasil community.

Live streams

78 Viewers
Bigpapachunk
Bigpapachunk
Wednesday Night Fights Ep.18 - Ask not what Nsync could have done for you, but what you should have done for Nsync. Also its May.
7 Viewers
LuciChanDayo
LuciChanDayo
[R18+] back to The Stage Of History | We will go through the Story mode | 2B crushed by those thighs!!!!
6 Viewers
duskybook342150
duskybook342150
💙🙃💋 adult content [18+] and 420 friendly, 🎙️mic optional
6 Viewers
VitaminDCosplay
VitaminDCosplay
WEDNESDAY NIGHT WEEBS !Bracket Begins 9:30pm CST
5 Viewers
RareSaiyan_
RareSaiyan_
Taki Training Arc??| Soul Cal Vybez | Laptop Charger Broke | SCVIW/RareSaiyan