Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3

No doubt it is very good, it may be his best move. I just don't like it as an anti-air option. I feel like Chris is basically a flamethrower, a magnum, some land mines and a ton of shitty normals.

my whole team has flight mode so whenever sentinel goes lv3 x factor i just run away like a little bitch to stall for time

I tend to use Zero and xfactor right back if a Sent player does that, beast his ass with Sougenmu and basic attack block stuns/combos until Sent's xfactor runs out.

Square jumping beats a lot of sentinals stuff. Just make sure you dont lose to a super armor move on reaction. I hear one trick is to snap back sentinal on reaction to his launcher since it will bypass the super armor.

Just one question from my bro who is really pissed at me right now' Alex (dunno' if anyone has brought this one up but...).
Fuck WESKER He's ugly as fuck, he thinks he's soooo cool, when he does his ultra where he flies all over the screen he lands 40 miles from me and he can hit me two times and i'll lose half of my health. He is MOTHAFUCKIN' OVERPOWERED!! >=(

HogisGuy's translation:
Does anyone else think that Albert Wesker is overpowered? It seems like you can hit him all you want but he bearly loses any health and one of his Ultras are so fast and sometimes, blocking isn't helping because i can get hit anyway. What should i do?!

HogisGuy's team: Albert Wesker, Taskmaster and Trish

Alexanders team: (XBL: Spacemutants): Deadpool, X-23 and Dante

He's probably referring to Phantom Dance. That move can seriously do some damage, however, it's easily guarded on reaction and just hold the guard or advance guard it. If you try to go left and right to keep up with the movements while blocking, you'll drop your guard and he'll bash you. Just keep holding back in the same direction and advance guarding it and he won't hit you.

One note however, if he's using Deadpool and has a level 3, trigger his level 3 counter while blocking, Wesker will fly right into it and eat a super bar batting swing. Dante's Million Dollar hyper has a very fast startup also, depending on the location of Wesker (Start it when he bounces off a wall right above you), you can nail him in mid hyper with it. Triggering Dante's level 3 will also do the trick as it has 20 invincible frames starting off and if you both trigger at the same time, Wesker will lose.

Wesker also has 1,100,000 vitality points, slightly higher than average so it's no surprise that it seems he can take a lick and keep on ticking longer than some other characters.

Square jumping beats a lot of sentinals stuff. Just make sure you dont lose to a super armor move on reaction. I hear one trick is to snap back sentinal on reaction to his launcher since it will bypass the super armor.

This is why I also trigger Sougenmu, as every basic attack will hit at least twice and break through super armor if Sent tries to get stupid.

lol yeah there's more than just the akuma infinite. There's also the Tronne infinite (tho limited use), X-factor infinites...but I dont think those infinite on dead bodies or burn the clock near as much, and then there's the chun-li loops desk made (FUCKING INSANE AND FLASHY unlike the akuma loop).

Definitely don't like dealing with weskers hyper. I feel so cheated when it randomly crosses me up. Also advancing guard on it isn't a great idea. You're likely to dash into it if you time it wrong and really it does shit chip damage so there's no real need to risk it.

BTW I'm gonna start using Hsein-ko soon and here's some neat finds:
  • She is one of the few with a true instant overhead from an airdash. Jump>dash>L has no height restrictions and the cancel is instant. (I laugh at whoever was telling me how bad her air walk was before release)
  • Mad wavedash shenanigans! Since her dash is a teleport that can go through the opponent you can wave dash and flicker in place as well as change the timing to make it very hard to read where she'll appear and what side. She's still vulnerable while invisible, but it's a very good trick for wake up 50/50 cross ups and throw setups.
  • Her hitstun negating hyper lasts forever on assist (a bit obvious, but some people overlook if they don't play the character)
  • With her corner only combos that end with hyper (the one where she drops spiked balls), after downing them, you have enough time to teleport to the other side of the opponent do the hyper and with the new angle do her other hyper (the spikes), and follow them for even more damage.
She's REALLY fucking good.

I need to stop spamming square jump on super armor characters. I rely on the 2H and I get hit with a launcher. hmmmmm...

Yea, that's true, advancing guard against wesker's hyper can be very poor if you time it incorrectly and as you said, chip damage is light so no real need for it, especially when you can counter hyper him if you have the bars for it.

Anyone else ever get interrupted doing Taskmaster hyper counter? I guess it doesnt start on frame 1 and lacks invincibility? I can't stress how depressing it is to get hit out of that.

Also anyone got tips for using X-23 hops? I've been trying to break combos early if guarded and hop to stay on them, but they always hit L and I eat a combo. I can never really find the frame advantage needed to make it a viable tactic that can't be reacted to. The M hop doesnt have invincibility so ive been having issues using that outside of crossing up a falling or rising opponent.

Yea, Legion Arrow has no invincibility frames and has a 10+1 startup.

When I use X-23, I tend to only use hops in the middle of a combo, if they're blocking my insanity, I'll use her command throw which leads to a decent damage follow up.

no i mean his counter. The one where you hit him and he punishes you. I've been hit out of it by physical attacks during the start up and im like "WTFH?!?"

Her diving throw is really good. you can get a full combo off of it and has a lot of assist set ups since you can do 236M(charge) instead of launching them.

Ah, Aegis Counter. It only counters physical attacks in the 5 frame startup, which is it's invulnerable frames. The rest is for non beam projectiles. You can also be thrown out of it as well.

Which is very odd if you've been hit out of it at the startup, though it may be that it was past the 5 frames?

K, now that I've had almost a week of solid play and actually found a great connection online with someone I noticed some things........Wesker is very scary.

Dante use to be the scary one for me (hell he still sorta is offline) but with advancing guard > web throw he's my bitch for awhile.

Sentinel is very scary.........HAHAHAHAHAHA! Seriously, it's either I've played some horrible sentinel players or my team just counters him. I'll know fa sho when I play him at some offline tournies.

Zero + X Factor, hell anyone with a triangle jump for that matter, can be pretty intimidating.

Also if you start seeing VJ's on PSN in the next couple of days, i'm sorry, but I got a lot of hype with my Viewtiful Joe (and Spider-Man) that people talkin' about picking him up. I dunno if they will or not, maybe it was just current game talk, cause with a solid connection my Viewtiful Joe shananigans can be prettys scary.

Zero question:

Whats the point of his (air)
2.png
H? Is it supposed to cross over or something?

It just changes the direction of the mid air spin. Which can be used if you're coming down with the opponent behind you, the frontal part of the spin has a larger hit box than behind.

Basically, it turns you around in mid air and allows you to block as you'd expect rather than have a potential cross over attack on your hands.

It will also chain into an mid air launcher/special, but the standard H won't.

Hey, what's the average combo damage?

Solo without hyper
Solo with hyper
Team without hyper
Team with hyper

Average meterless damage is very roughly from 350-500k. Adding in meter and DHCs will generally make it around 600-800. X factor cancel combos and specific combinations can outright kill every character, if not most.

Back