[United Kingdom] UK Offline Sessions

LOL! thread still alive! ...after a long hiatus, (otherwise known as family/kids.. ...and HAWX =_=) I'm trying to plug more hrs in on this game now (at least at night anyways =/). Hoping I can get back to a decent level if EVER my wife lets me travel down south for SVB... which probably wont happen anyway... =/

It will be GREAT to get some offline sessions... but thats probably also NOT going to happen; we all want to stay at home... =/

Online sucks, but it wont suck as much if we Britons/Irish plays each other instead.. I get major lag headaches every time I play against americans/far-east players... europeans arent so bad, only just though.

So is it alright if I add all you new peeps with the xbox360's?

Twiggy:
Not seen u in ages! I've never even got to play u that much either.. should be better now since I have a headset, no more typing! ...well at least not much. =/

Rewind_uk:
Hope ur still online with that amy, uv probably well improved by now.. U seen me walking round town yet?? >_<

Everyone: I'm normally up for a match between 11pm - 1am on weekdays, unless we're at my in-laws. I'll be online at random hrs during weekends depending on whats going on.

Here's hoping for a stronger, more established SC4/SF4 community here in Manchester...

...if only SVB is held here instead of down in London. =/

Hell, it would be fair if it was in Birmingham instead right?

hey boys gonna add yez crazy i have'nt seen half your ids on ranked... am on every night ;) seen more masher scrub yanks then euro headz.... laterz

hey boys gonna add yez crazy i have'nt seen half your ids on ranked... am on every night ;) seen more masher scrub yanks then euro headz.... laterz

...don't know about the rest of the Brits here, but I for one never play on ranked, I tend not to and never will take SC4 online seriously.

With me being used to and is still constantly trying to sharpen skills offline, I am always astounded to see 'slow' moves I normally balk at, become very effective online and I am always frustrated on how my sophie's 236(236)b:4 fails at punishing opponents' moves that I am so used to 'pwning' (and this is on a 5bar connection!! 0_o), especially since a significant part of my gameplay relies on baiting those moves... =/

I have a feeling that if I ever geared my 'battle perception' towards a more 'online' oriented timing. I would seriously corrupt my offline SC4 gaming 4 evah, which i REALLY don't want to do.

I would end up losing to my sister-in-law's Cassandra, which is a definite no-no!! >_<

...don't know about the rest of the Brits here, but I for one never play on ranked, I tend not to and never will take SC4 online seriously.

Same here. I just go on for shits and giggles. Some people still take it way to seriously on Player though. WAY to seriously. I beat some dude and he started calling a "spamming tosser" and "eurotrash". Sheesh its only a flippin' game!

You guys should organise and form a team for the world cup next year. If Australians are making the trip to france, a short hop across the channel should be relatively easy for you guys :)

Alrighty you UK'ers!

I have a dream!! To make a thriving community in the UK. Of course it is most likely a dream, BUT lets say for instance, i gather enough people to start a community in the UK, i will personally invest time, money and effort into hosting tournaments every couple of months (starting off) to create/keep a community in the UK. Maybe even some Frenchies will come over and participate, but as i said, a dream lol.

I would like to hear your thoughts fellow English/UKmen, do you think there are enough Soul Calibur enthusiasts in the UK to start a community? Im also taking into consideration the NeoEmpire Matchmaking etc, but i feel we need more than one every year or so, i want a tournament every 2-4 months depending on how many people are willing to participate in offline compeition, or even casual games.

Thoughts guys?

Alrighty you UK'ers!

I have a dream!! To make a thriving community in the UK. Of course it is most likely a dream, BUT lets say for instance, i gather enough people to start a community in the UK, i will personally invest time, money and effort into hosting tournaments every couple of months (starting off) to create/keep a community in the UK. Maybe even some Frenchies will come over and participate, but as i said, a dream lol.

I would like to hear your thoughts fellow English/UKmen, do you think there are enough Soul Calibur enthusiasts in the UK to start a community? Im also taking into consideration the NeoEmpire Matchmaking etc, but i feel we need more than one every year or so, i want a tournament every 2-4 months depending on how many people are willing to participate in offline compeition, or even casual games.

Thoughts guys?

Your dream is that of any pround English Calibur player my Freind. M.R Edge iss backing you all the way Sir

... So is anybody actually going to get round to meeting up or are we pipe dreaming? I'm to be found in the west midlands, though I can drive now (somehow) so reasonable distance is not a problem.
PM me or something if your more interested in fighting than dreaming of fighting =P

Rebirth

Rebirth, it's Malik. Seems like we didn't have a proper offline go at eachother since half of it i was actually quiet drunk. But.... pipe dreaming is still what am doin because of the simple case there is no one around the area of liverpool or the wirral either skilled enuff, nor bothered about the SC4 Community. And i wish we cud have another offline for real i can see that am rising as Kilik and ppl are startin to notice online but am starting to realise that it means shit. I wanna prove myself offline, hopefully u can vouch for me being a decent Kilik online and offline. But we gonna have to get together for offline soon dude.

Malik Freaborne

Alrighty you UK'ers!

I wud back your dream all the way my friend i wud absolutly love the chance to prove myself offline. It's become a big thing in my life right now (sad to say i know haha) But i wud love it. So u have my backing.

Hi everybody.

Me and some other online players are trying to create on offline scene.

We have done one small session in London so far, and another player has organised some meetings in Wales (!).

We are really keen that this takes off but the UK fighting games scene has left this game in the past. There is little interest in this game on e.g. Neo Empire.

So, two things:

1) Please post here if you might be at all interested in some offline games in London in the coming weeks, anywhere we can find a console (at the moment we're gonna be using 360s at the London Trocadero).

2) Please post here if you are at all interested in attending the World Game Cup in Cannes next year (Feb 25-27). I would like to go and if enough UK SCIV players go (at least 5) we can represent the UK in the SCIV 5v5 world tournament.

For the purposes of the WGC 2011, it would be great if we could sort out some offline games soon so that A) we can level up by learning matchups, and B) so that if lots of players want to play for the UK team, we can hold some kind of tournament / RB to decide who goes.

BTW if you went to Cannes but didn't make the World Cup team, there will still be a solo tournament and a 3v3 tournament which anyone can enter. Look for the WGC thread on 8wr for more information.

Hope to hear from some of you talented SCIV players out there.

If you are on xbox live, add me GT = Homicidmus

Hi everybody.

I posted this on another UK matchmaking thread but no responses.

I'm trying my best to generate interest in this game but it seems I am flogging a dead horse.

See also NeoEmpire.

Many of us are london players but willing to travel.

We are currently doing sessions at Gamerbase in London.

If we are going to be competitive at this game we NEED MORE PLAYERS.

Anyone who is at all interested in playing this game offline, please please please come forward.

We are so far from the standard required to compete against other national teams that we need offline practice starting now and as often as possible.

Please post here if you have any interest in playing SCIV offline in the UK.

Next post is what i put in the other thread:

Me and some other online players are trying to create on offline scene.

We have done one small session in London so far, and another player has organised some meetings in Wales (!).

We are really keen that this takes off but the UK fighting games scene has left this game in the past. There is little interest in this game on e.g. Neo Empire.

So, two things:

1) Please post here if you might be at all interested in some offline games in London in the coming weeks, anywhere we can find a console (at the moment we're gonna be using 360s at the London Trocadero).

2) Please post here if you are at all interested in attending the World Game Cup in Cannes next year (Feb 25-27). I would like to go and if enough UK SCIV players go (at least 5) we can represent the UK in the SCIV 5v5 world tournament.

For the purposes of the WGC 2011, it would be great if we could sort out some offline games soon so that A) we can level up by learning matchups, and B) so that if lots of players want to play for the UK team, we can hold some kind of tournament / RB to decide who goes.

BTW if you went to Cannes but didn't make the World Cup team, there will still be a solo tournament and a 3v3 tournament which anyone can enter. Look for the WGC thread on 8wr for more information.

Hope to hear from some of you talented SCIV players out there.

If you are on xbox live, add me GT = Homicidmus

I've literally just got the game, but I play another fighter competitively, which is great fun, so I'd be up for playing people at some point when I get some free time so I can learn more effectively than grinding cpus. I'm based in Reading or Cambridge depending on if I'm in uni.

Interest and active players gains more interest. If a SCV is released, and there is already an active scene, SC could grow really quickly.

Back