[United Kingdom] UK Offline Sessions

If you're planning an event at Troc Gamerbase, lemme know - there should be an old SC account with money still on it that you can use.

hey thanks for getting back to me.

jack: yes playing people is definitely the best way to learn, and playing offline will help you get out of bad habits. we are always wanting more players to take part so i'll keep you informed about our next session. will prob be in london but we're planning a birmingham meet too.

miaoux: ok thanks for letting me know, would you want to join in though? you're more than welcome if so. btw what is an SC account? we are currently just paying per xbox, irrespective of game.

take a look at the NeoEmpire website to keep up to date with what's happening in the UK fighting games community. we'll most likely post info for sessions there.

as for SCV, i'm hoping in the short term that it might work the other way round and SCV's announcement might get people playing IV again for a while.

wow bowled over by the responses, thanks guys. before i wipe away the tears of epiphany, thought i'd just mention that we've got sciv tournament in london on 23rd, post/PM for details

SCIV tournament in London

January 23rd (Sunday)

Venue most likely gamerbase @ trocadero but subject to change.

Post or PM for details

Hey guy's.

I'm happy to see that UK community is still active.
It will be a pleasure to meet you all in Cannes this year.
If you wanna enter the national team tournament, no problem.
You just have to pm me UK team's members as soon as possible.
Do not hesitate to contact me for more information about the world team cup or anything else about Cannes 2011.

Hope to see you in 2 month in Cannes.

The Mighty Malek has graced us with his presence. The world's greatest player wants a UK team at Cannes. Surely there must be one or two players still playing? Your country needs YOU!!!

At least come to our tournament on 23rd Jan so you can prepare a little and consider it...

I won't be able to make either as I'm at uni then. Will definitely consider heading to a few of the sessions if they fall in holidays.

Well I don't think I'll be going, thought about it a while back, tried to get some mates into the idea so I could practice offline, but they're all Tekken players more then SC and they avoid playing me at it lol, it's always CoD or GT5 if I try and bring it up... *sigh*

I'd consider coming to the sessions in London but I'm not well off cash wise, let alone to make it to Cannes, but if UK players make it to Cannes, best of luck, competitions high from what I've seen around here, but of all the countries outside of Europe we should have the easiest time getting a team out there... Trouble is making it a good one lol

I'm from Manchester, can't make it because of university. I should be able to participate during the holidays.

Thanks jack / rasta / aris for coming back to me on this one.

I've largely given up on taking a team to cannes so it'll probably be just me. also it's probably too late to sign up a national team for the 5v5 anyway.

However we did put a very successful tournament on in North London this weekend, it was a lot of fun and we got 12 players as well as 3 more who would have filled in had players dropped out. I want to keep the momentum going so if anyone's interested in coming to the next tournament, or is organising a tournament of their own, please let me know.

It'd be great to start more regular offline events for SCIV and give people a chance to show what they've learned.

Hello, i'm a mitzu player from italy(Bologna). I was in London last week(19-24).
Dam'... i lost the opportunity to play with you(Age of Truth).

Looking to do some sessions in London on SCIV.

Probably at Gamerbase but any alternative venue suggestions are welcome.

Skill level / commitment level really doesn't matter. You can be pro or noob, and show up weekly or just the once. Anyone who wants to play this game offline, post here.

Say when you can make sessions. I can make weekdays after 7pm or any time weekends.

I'll try to sort something out to get the best turnout, but I would rather do lots of small sessions than try to accommodate everyone into one big one.

Also for those not close to London, I'm thinking of sorting out a one-of session in Birmingham or somewhere so that more people can come from around the country.

There were 3 threads for the UK so I did a merge. If there are any problems, please let me know via PM.

Royal Wedding Extravaganza!!!

Dearly beloved gathered on the internet today...

With the nation's most darling couple preparing to unite in holy matrimony this weekend, I was thinking what better way to celebrate the big day than to go to London and play computer games all day?

No doubt it foreshadows what the happy couple will be doing all weekend after their hectic week of media and ceremony.

It is short notice but many of you will have the day off so let me know if you can make it. Level should be very very strong. It'll be from midday 'til closing and there will be a tournament. Depending on numbers it could be a round robin format or group stages into knockout, but rest assured all participants will get lots of games.

If Friday is too soon we also have the Monday bank holiday open to us. So post here and say whether you can make Friday or Monday or both.

One is not amused...

One would most certainly be able to attend Monday, however one must send apologies regarding unavailability on the Friday, due to work, sadly.
If you could provide one with more details, one will see you on Monday.
Though one must request you be a good chap and send one details as soon as possible due to my need to tell work to bugger off on Monday. XD

Monday is bank holiday no?

Will be all day most likely, say midday onwards. Everyone's shown preference for Monday so far, so I'm thinking Monday it is. We'll hold off any tournament for as long as possible to allow for people to show up, but we'll need to get started fairly early as there'll be a lot of games.

Ideally it'd be held at a neutral location where people could bring setups and CRTs, but until such a place becomes available we'll be doing this at Gamerbase in the Trocadero (as before)

Back