US Government Shutdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Madnis that was a great comparison. Even thought I feel I am included in the level of retards lol.
In other news, the lady was shot and killed by police, and the innocent child that was involved is in a safe place.

yeah I was just reading about that.. turns out she drove up to the white house, secret service stopped her, she turned around and sped all over the place.... they say it wasn't a terrorist thing, but what was her motive?

This shutdown really hit RTC hard. There are no civilians manning the transfer buildings now. No civi's mean that the actual Naval personnel have to drop what their doing and fill in.

Hoo-rah for delayed orders!

I don't like the government shutdown, but whether it's good or bad I need ObamaCare/The affordable Care Act. I had a falling out with my family when I graduated and so I was taken off that health plan(MDIPA), lost state health care (priority partners) when I turned 21, and I am diabetic. I HAVE to see specific doctors to stay healthy but they won't accept public/state health insurance which I can't have because I make too much for their income guidelines. My job doesn't offer insurance either and so I have to get my supplies for a costly price or beg other diabetics to spare some. I don't care what happens to the U.S. I just want this one thing to go right. I owe $3000.00 for uninsured hospitaliations; the current system is punishing me for having this disease and having a decent(?) paying job with no benefits.

I'm slightly confused as to how you started talking about the British government not allowing us guns. Stop changing the subject after someone calls you out on being a retard, not that it isn't a daily occurrence now anyway.

Yeah we aren't allowed guns, so what? I think it's better because we don't get madmen going into schools and slaughtering school kids and teachers.

Yeah the British government is retarded for listening to its people. lol.

I dunno if I cry or I laugh over the tragedy this thread became.

As soon as Catgirl entered, it was already going donwnhill. I believe that was the second or third post.

Anyway, just be happy you get to see him/her make complete fools of themselves in yet another thread.

I know the feeling almost @Robert_J_King , I am hypoglycemic and pretty much am struggling with work and school all together. I'd be in a shit hole if not for my roommate helping me out, and my state allowing me to get healthcare.
Aside from that, I find this whole situation stupid, just because people couldn't agree or change ONE little piece in the bill. At least the blokes managed to raise our debt ceiling so we didn't default. Though I feel like we might have a 1990's repeat if the guys in D.C can't get it together.

@Gaza Memoria Even if funding becomes an issue or there's technical difficulties, I think that Obama doesn't want it to be delayed because not only are people depending on it but it would possibly share the same fate as our national debt: never truly worked on and put in a perpetual state of being put off till later and given quick fixes all the while. I just think this whole thing was uncalled for. Supreme court gave the green light and people were signing up REGARDLESS of what happened so there was no real point to this.

I agree 100% with you. Yeah I may not be all for the whole thing but at least it is offering us healthcare. Sad thing is, those guys in the house sit here and say it's an abomination and it will kill the citizens, yet (and I am correcting myself,) they said they had the whole debt crisis solved but apparently they are just "talking about it". So pretty much they are playing a dangerous game with us.
And @Madnis , they said they found meds for depression and schizophrenia I believe, in the house of the women who stormed the Capitol. I guess she said to her boyfriend that she was being monitored by Obama himself and she just went off the handle. So if that isn't enough of a motive for you, I don't know either.
And I also just heard some guy set himself on fire in the D.C Mall. I swear people are just going nuts.

Yeah we aren't allowed guns, so what? I think it's better because we don't get madmen going into schools and slaughtering school kids and teachers.

So when a katana wielding bandit flies through your window, you quickly grab your phone and call the Police. "We'll be there in 8 minutes!" So you've got to spend the other 7 and a half minutes dealing with the katana wielding bandit in your house!?

Actually those school shootings or the theater shootings are a prime example of why we need MORE gun protection. The guy in the Colorado shooting actually specifically chose the ONLY theater there that didn't allow you to have a concealed carry. 7 out of the 8 theaters allowed it, he chose the only one which didn't. The school shooting you are talking about was specifically chosen at a school campus over a high school campus because the shooter knew there would be armed personal at that school.

Mage you're just wrong 100% on the gun subject, thus that's why the UK has a statistically higher crime, rape rate, and burglary rate over the USA. People can't protect themselves in the UK.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...-media-post-says-uk-has-far-higher-violent-c/

So when a katana wielding bandit flies through your window, you quickly grab your phone and call the Police. "We'll be there in 8 minutes!" So you've got to spend the other 7 and a half minutes dealing with the katana wielding bandit in your house!?

Actually those school shootings or the theater shootings are a prime example of why we need MORE gun protection. The guy in the Colorado shooting actually specifically chose the ONLY theater there that didn't allow you to have a concealed carry. The school shooting you are talking about was specifically chosen at a school campus over a high school campus because the shooter knew the would have armed personal at that school. Using mentally deranged coward's acts of violence to justify why guns are bad? Poor example....

Mage you're just wrong 100% on the gun subject, thus that's why the UK has a statistically higher crime, rape rate, and burglary rate over the USA. People can't protect themselves in the UK.
i'm just gonna peep in here. Japan has a hell of a low crime rate and guns are illegal there, aren't they? only police and military own them i believe. and what does the gun policy look like in Canada?

Look at Canada and Japan: guns are illegal and crime is barely even there... and only in the big cities.

I think it's a cultural issue more than anything else.

EDIT: Ninja'd.

Countries like Australia made guns illegal, and their rape rate is a shockingly double the rape rate of the USA. Also Japan has a very high suicide rate, almost triple the suicide rate of the USA per population.

(Well that and Australia is crazy... LOL, they made Mortal Kombat 9 illegal over there.)

Now back on the topic of the US government, Obama still is bad, Ron Paul should be president, and raising the cost of health care on young healthy people is wrong.

Now back on the topic of the US government, Obama still is bad, Ron Paul should be president, and raising the cost of health care on young healthy people is wrong.
Increasing demand stimulates competition. This drives prices down on the long run.

Also, not sure why you blame this on Obama. Romney's health care reform was pretty much the same thing.

Also, not sure why you blame this on Obama. Romney's health care reform was pretty much the same thing.

Does that still mean it's not a horrible health care plan? And Norik, doesn't schooling cost more now? Yes, why is that? Because the government gives grants, and will pay students to go to school. Thus the schools knowing the government is now paying the students, they'll start charging more because they KNOW they can get more money now.

You think a student will care if they got a $30,000 grant to go to school they don't have to pay back over a $40,000 grant they don't have to pay back? The tax payers end up paying for it. The market is now less competitive because "Cost is no longer a restriction for students." Health care costs will rise now because people won't be able to choose their health care plans as freely. Sick people pay less, you pay more, it's not reducing the cost, it's just re-distributing it.

It's all part of the communist homosexual agenda.

My gamerscore is much, much greater than yours, thus I'm a superior human being. Get over it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back