Viola Combo & Tech Trap Discussion

I've heard of some people doing RCC right before 2B+K BE in a combo to help with that

I use a method of delaying the BE similar to during B+K BE loops

Essentially, the point is to get the 2B+K BE to cancel as early as possible after connecting so that you have time to land 66A before they drop

I've heard of some people doing RCC right before 2B+K BE in a combo to help with that
bushidu told me it doesn't work, but I can't verify that because I can't even see the difference.
I use a method of delaying the BE similar to during B+K BE loops
what exactly do you do in this part?

if there's anyway to make 66A easier to do, I have to know because even when I try to do it 10 times per day on both sides, I still fail like 7/10 times before I even succeed once...

bushidu told me it doesn't work, but I can't verify that because I can't even see the difference.

It might just be psychological. Preforming a RCC would counteract the tendency to buffer 2B+K BE entirely.

what exactly do you do in this part?

if there's anyway to make 66A easier to do, I have to know because even when I try to do it 10 times per day on both sides, I still fail like 7/10 times before I even succeed once...

Is the problem that you keep getting 6A instead of 66A, or that your 66A whiffs?

-If you keep getting 6A, make sure you track the number of 6's you are pressing. The fact that it's 6B+K followed by 66A makes the input a bit uncomfortable. You could be getting too many or too little 6's, which would both result in 6A instead of 66A

-If your 66A is whiffing, you have to delay the brave edge more. That is, make sure you AREN'T pressing 2B+K with A+B+K simultaneously. The longer you delay the A+B+K input, the more time Viola has for cancelling 2B+K BE into 6B+K > 66A. Delay the BE input too long though, and 6B+K will come out before the BE even connects. The ideal situation is having the 2B+K BE cancel into 6B+K the instant it picks their body up off the ground. This gives you tons of time to land 66A.

Sorry muffinman if it came across as that, but I meant it doesnt really make a difference for the bulk of combos.
There will be some instances where it will come into use, but otherwise its not necessary.

Tips i've seen in regards to 66A
-after the 6B+K tap 4 then 66A
-wait for orb to appear on screen then 66A asap
-try doing 6666A so that at least two get recognised, which is technically buffering it
Maybe holding stick on 6 and pressing 4 on pad twice then A might work.

There's no need to RCC out of FC when the move you're doing starts with 4, 6, or 8. Like I said, I think the only point in RCC in this case is to help with your inputs.

btw, just a general question about RCC. how exactly does RCC work? when do I press 4/6 to get out of crouch in general?

say I do a 2K which puts me in crouch position, then I press 6, then 3B, if RCC work 3B should come out, but I always end up getting 2B instead. if I try to press 4/6 as late as possible, I end up getting 33B instead of 3B. wtf?

btw, just a general question about RCC. how exactly does RCC work? when do I press 4/6 to get out of crouch in general?

say I do a 2K which puts me in crouch position, then I press 6, then 3B, if RCC work 3B should come out, but I always end up getting 2B instead. if I try to press 4/6 as late as possible, I end up getting 33B instead of 3B. wtf?
RCC works by buffering a sidestep from a crouch position and immediately cancelling it into an attack during the early, cancelable frames of a step. It takes a minimum of 5 frames to perform.

If you're getting 2B, it's an input error. Some controllers tend to dislike diagonal inputs (Madcatz Fight Pads are notorious for this) and take intended 3B/1B inputs and turn them into 2Bs. If you're getting 33B it's because you're inputting the attack after the cancelable portion of the step, causing your character to do a full step and enter an 8WR state.

whoa, I didn't know set 4B 6B+K 66A+B,B is a true combo, 2 more points of damage than 6B+K 1K.

if you start with set wr B, it's techable to one side

Last edited:
Not sure if it's been posted but WO 6a+b (slight hold) combos into bomb. You can only get the 66b followup since they're so far away though.

hey can someone tell me the easiest combos to spend 1~1.5 meter with the 3B AAB starter combos?
if I only know the 6B+K B filler instead of 6B+K 66A, what are my options?

so I need 1 combo for carrying my opponent across the stage for ring out
and another for maximizing damage

so far I tried to do 3B {AAB, 6(A+B) 2B+K BE 6B+K B} x 2, but I always fail on the 2nd repetition

I remember someone mentioned that AAB juggle can only be done twice in a combo right? or is it 3?

catches every tech except back tech. maybe you tested with different character than I did?

good thing is this works with ch wr B too.
Oh, maybe they can tech back out of it. I guess I should've tested before actually saying it's guaranteed. I just know that people always try to get out and never do so.. lol

hey can someone tell me the easiest combos to spend 1~1.5 meter with the 3B AAB starter combos?

so far I tried to do 3B {AAB, 6(A+B) 2B+K BE 6B+K B} x 2, but I always fail on the 2nd repetition

I remember someone mentioned that AAB juggle can only be done twice in a combo right? or is it 3?

It costs some meter, but a combo I like to do for a long range ring out is 3B AAB 6(A+B) 2B+KBE 44ABE (run forward until final orb hit) 2B+KBE 6B+K 66A AAB (pause) 9A+B. The 44ABE Juggle allows you to run forward 2 or 3 steps which carries them pretty far.

As for maximum damage, aside from her B+KBE combo (which takes 180 for 1 bar and 240 for 2) I'd say all her combos are balanced in damage. However I feel it's not worth doing more than two brave edges in a single combo unless you're going for the kill. The only time I use more than one bar in a single combo is doing said B+K combo for the ToD. Otherwise I feel that any launch combo isnt worth using more than two brave edges. But that's just my preference.

Generally what I like doing if I want maximum damage is to (launch) AAB 2A+B (run forward) 6B+K mix up. If you hit the 1K A grab you get good damage, if you get the 3A 3B you get a reset that you can then consider using meter for. Just my thoughts.

Last edited:

From 3B starters:

3B > AAB > SET 6A+B slight charge > 2B+K BE > SET 6B+K > B > B+K BE > SET 6B+K > B > B+K BE > SET B+K > B > combo ender (might have to cut the ender short)

AAB can be used multiple times in one juggle. I believe it's the knockdowns like 6A+B or 2A+B that can only be used once or the combo gets cut short. If 2B+K BE interrupts an opponents ukemi, the combo is effectively reset and allows more hits.

Back