Viola General Discussion / Q&A

For the first question, 6k wallsplats.
So does 8A+B, just sayin'.
There's really no reason to use 6K over 8A+B after SET A+G.. If you could do BT 2B+K BE after it, it might be worth it. You'd be able to do SET A+G 6K BT 2B+K BE B+K. But since you can't, 8A+B is the only decent followup.

So does 8A+B, just sayin'.
There's really no reason to use 6K over 8A+B after SET A+G.. If you could do BT 2B+K BE after it, it might be worth it. You'd be able to do SET A+G 6K BT 2B+K BE B+K. But since you can't, 8A+B is the only decent followup.

Ummm...what are you talking about? A+g -> 6k -> wallsplat -> BT 2b+k BE combos...why else would I mention the wallsplat? Against breakable walls, 8a+b is better, though.

Ummm...what are you talking about? A+g -> 6k -> wallsplat -> BT 2b+k BE combos...why else would I mention the wallsplat? Against breakable walls, 8a+b is better, though.
Oh, my bad. I don't know why, but I was thinking that 2B+K BE wouldn't connect after 6K's wallsplat.

i dont think its character specific. you have to hold the button slightly and then release
im been asking this question but no one seems to answer it. (sorry) So when i finish a combo with 66b, the opponent escapes my 66a+b how can i do it faster on controller? thanks and sorry again

im been asking this question but no one seems to answer it. (sorry) So when i finish a combo with 66b, the opponent escapes my 66a+b how can i do it faster on controller? thanks and sorry again

Unless it's a situation where you can't finish with that, there's nothing special to the timing. Just input 6~6+b (slight pause) 6~6+a+b (b). I'm guessing you know this, but you can buffer the input, so you don't have to wait until the end of 66b to input 66a+b. But yeah, you don't even need to practice this in your combos, 66b ~ 66a+b.b is a natural combo in itself, so just rep that until you get it.

Unfortunately, I still haven't gotten 6[a+b] down. :( But yeah, I'm using 2a+b for the moment.

If they're escaping it then you are doing it either too late or you do not have the orb.

Unless it's a situation where you can't finish with that, there's nothing special to the timing. Just input 6~6+b (slight pause) 6~6+a+b (b). I'm guessing you know this, but you can buffer the input, so you don't have to wait until the end of 66b to input 66a+b. But yeah, you don't even need to practice this in your combos, 66b ~ 66a+b.b is a natural combo in itself, so just rep that until you get it.

Unfortunately, I still haven't gotten 6[a+b] down. :( But yeah, I'm using 2a+b for the moment.
yeah i cant do 6(a+b) 2B+k BE when i use 6a+b

SET BBB or ABB get ducked or sidestepped a lot during the orb recall. Not finishing those combo's is taking some habit breaking for me. But sometimes during the recall you have just enough time to sidestep, block or JG and punish their punish. I'm still trying to figure out where and when. Main point for anyone who needs the advice - don't get too used to doing her full SET AAB's or BBB's.

So is Viola banned or not? I cant seem to find a definitive answer, it's just people talking about whether they should.

So is Viola banned or not? I cant seem to find a definitive answer, it's just people talking about whether they should.
Nobody is banned. It's just speculation and drama right now, I don't even think they have it settled in France.

I hope you don't leave because of all this, I'd hate to see you go...

Nobody is banned. It's just speculation and drama right now, I don't even think they have it settled in France.

I hope you don't leave because of all this, I'd hate to see you go...

I love this game too much to quit, and in all honesty it's partly due to Viola. I didnt pick her up out of some belief that she would be potentially broken or incredibly powerful, i just loved how she played. But if she is actually such a problem i dont think her banishment will effect my participation. I'll just do my best with one of my alts, and hope that the ban eventually gets repealed if it comes to that. And thank you for your concern, if it was genuine. I know i may not be the easiest person to get along with, but it's not like i go out of my way to be. I just suck at socializing.

SET BBB or ABB get ducked or sidestepped a lot during the orb recall. Not finishing those combo's is taking some habit breaking for me. But sometimes during the recall you have just enough time to sidestep, block or JG and punish their punish. I'm still trying to figure out where and when. Main point for anyone who needs the advice - don't get too used to doing her full SET AAB's or BBB's.

Well yeah, they're kind of meant to be punishment tools. :P

Well yeah, they're kind of meant to be punishment tools. :P
Awe really? She has way better punishers. I'd consider them (ABB, BBB) more pokes and pressure tools. For punishes I'd advise her launcher or 3B, or 66B - 66A+BB, basically anything but ABB or BBB.

Awe really? She has way better punishers. I'd consider them (ABB, BBB) more pokes and pressure tools. For punishes I'd advise her launcher or 3B, or 66B - 66A+BB, basically anything but ABB or BBB.

Well yeah, if they're using a move that's -17 on block or worse of course you should be using 3B to punish. AAB is for moves that are -12 to -13, and BBB for -14 to -16 (assuming, of course, that these moves will reach!)

I started messing with the character after all this hubbub to see how it is on the other side.

She's got... no range. And she can't punish. And SET 6B+K at mid-range seems like an exercise in futility. And it feels like I have to be kissing the opponent for ToD setups to actually come through. And it's like I can't set anything up at all if the other guy is going 100% aggro right through disadvantage.

This is hard work, a lot of stuff can go wrong. It feels like aside from a certain few niche situations she doesn't really have the tools that everybody else has.

It appears to me that what LP said- "Viola appears broke... when she's winning." is starting to ring true for me now... Maybe I am not good enough to see otherwise??

Back