Voldo Character Matchups Thread

Who would you say are the worst matchups for V

exactly. that move alone isn't going to swing the match in her favor. risk vs. reward is way in voldos favor.

I'm not saying the match is in her favor. I'm just saying that I don't particularly like that match because it entirely revolves around anticipating 214B. Sure, if I block her 214B, I get a 6:6B. Or I could just be Hilde and get a C3B and win. Why settle for 30% damage when you can get 100% damage? I've beaten good Kilik and Ivy players with Voldo, but again the match entirely revolves around anticipating Asura and 214B which will drain you much more quickly than other matchups.

I'm not saying the match is in her favor. I'm just saying that I don't particularly like that match because it entirely revolves around anticipating 214B. Sure, if I block her 214B, I get a 6:6B. Or I could just be Hilde and get a C3B and win. Why settle for 30% damage when you can get 100% damage? I've beaten good Kilik and Ivy players with Voldo, but again the match entirely revolves around anticipating Asura and 214B which will drain you much more quickly than other matchups.

wht about matchups with ast? bullrush and crouch, well throws in general. he's a machine with throwing. yeh it's obvious, learn to break throws but the window online is garbage even if timed correctly. can bullrush b punished with 6:6 B as well? i tried in practice mode an always interupted the knee an 2nd bullrush after the 1st?

In my opinion it's characters with moves with very good auto-GI windows (Kilik) or moves with built-in step to Voldo's right (his weak side, like Ivy's 214B) that give him problems. Bullrush can be annoying but it's primary strength is in its tech crouch. 1[K], A+B, 2A+B, 1B, 6:6B, many of Voldo's core tools stuff tech crouches. As to whether 6:6B stops the second bullrush, I would assume so. It's been a while since I've played Voldo vs Astaroth but I always recall my 1[K] landing on CH if Astaroth did anything after a blocked bullrush and 1[K] is slower than 6:6B. I prefer 1[K] in that type of situation mainly because it leaves you in BS with auto-GI options off of BS A+B and sidestep options off of BS G+A_G+B throw.

When I play Voldo I usualy have problems with good Seigfrieds. The WR AA usualy gets me and then I cant get up lol.

When I play Voldo I usualy have problems with good Seigfrieds. The WR AA usualy gets me and then I cant get up lol.

Better to get hit while on the ground instead of falling for the tech trap ; if later you block it (with practice) you can punish with the 6:6B combo for an easy 67 damage.

Also when you block Seig's 3B, you can 6B,B into BS, most the time it'll be CH.

Most of Seig's stuff is majorly unsafe on block (-16 on many moves) practice when not to attack and when to punish during his stance transitions. The only thing I don't like about Seig is his range is on par with Voldo's, so playing a good spacing game is a bit tricky, you're fair game from just about any distance. You're still much faster though, so take advantage.

-Manta-

From what I've seen, Lizardman is a pretty bad matchup for Voldo.

this thread is super fail... whoever stickied it should be shot in the testicles so they cant perpetuate idiocy... L2 use practice mode and test properly

the information here is neither accurate nor complete... Good example of this is Seig 3 DOESNT give 6B,B unless the opponent attacks after it... so if they do 3 nothing and you do 6B,B Im 90% sure he gets a free 6K or even just K to turn you around and chip. This is still useful because you can trade elbows with his knee and if he starts trying to punish your 6B,B's you can get normal clean hits with 66:B and take full combo damage. Personally when I do this I do 66:B, 66: because if the first hits CH the 2nd will take alot more compared to getting that extra elbow in there... also if I trade with the knee I just skip the elbows and jump straight into the 2A+B ender because CH 66:B doesnt give large combos

Well I figured I didnt want to be that douchebag that said you guys are using a shitty punish list thats inaccurate and you dont know how to test things properly... and not do anything to help you all... so here goes. Ill try to do a new character a day. Also notable that Im mostly going by frame data so I will likely miss a couple points where you can evade out of moves or duck out of strings so help is most appreciated

Notes - If I indicate 1k 1[K]works as well
IF 6B works A,A and K also work unless your forced into crouch or there are spacing issues

Cassandra -
A,K - 66B (works on delay as well)
1A - 66B
3A - 66B
3A,K - 66B or 1K (you can get spaced out of 1K range if you block at tip range)
4A - 66B
2B - 2A also 3K if you block it close
2B,B - 2A+B (yeah its that much disadvantage
3B - 66B
4B - 66B
4B,B - 2A
4B,B,A - duck and punish with whatever floats your boat
1K - 66B
2K - 2A (yeah its all I can find go figure)
A+B - safe but the 2nd hit likes to whiff and if it does you get elbows but you gotta be quick... I just take B,B's in match play here for consistency)
8A+B,K - 6B if your in range... you cant jump out of this
B+K, 6B
B+K,B - 66B
8B+K - 66B (gotta do it super late because the block stun on this is huge)
4B+K - 66B
8A+K,K - 66B or 66A+B (lots of distance to cover or you could really get your choice of things)
4A+K - 66B
11A - not unsafe but it doesnt turn you around if you block it in BS so I wanted to note that
33K - my personal fav punish here is FC 3B because it beats out everything she can do... no string options work because its TC and it beats 33K,A+K on speed but you can take 66B if you dont mind eating the 33K,K 2nd hit in the face once in a while
66B+K,A - you can duck the 2nd hit and punish with whatever you like... just dont be slow and get interupted my personal fav is WS A because I like setting up that CH combo with 6B,B and cass players usually commit if they do the 2nd hit
236B - 1K or 66B
236 - 66B (dont think about hesitating)
236A,B - 66B
214 - 66B

thats al for today

Nice list. Cass is so unsafe. lol This is a great thread. Thanks, bib. I'll see about helping as well. When I can kick my brother off CoD. FFS! So you're basing this off frame data alone? I can see that some of this you have used from experience, but did you try these punishers in game?

alot of them I dont go for 66B in game... like when a cass uses 2B+K alot I take B,B after 236 because they look similar but some of them I didnt even realize till I tested so I still need to build up reactions to them like 3B I cant elbow yet but I get B,B's for free. Im eager to see how some of the other matches play out on paper and what people are missing that will change them

So I was doing the punish data for Hilde and while she doesnt have like anything worth punishing I did see a few misconceptions about her that I think other people might share... Keep in mind this is all based on the got squashed data so if its off Im wrong... but its been spot on for the couple characters Ive tested before so here goes

First off ALL her charge B's but lvl 2 standing are disadvantage on guard and the crouching lvl 3 B,B is elbow punishable if you block it close or there is a wall that keeps you from getting spaced too far out.

Charge A's are harder to deal with... more advantage from lvl 2 and 3 but surprisingly her FC C3 A series is worse then I thought... its that 3 part thingy where she can mixup mid and low... the low is elbow punishable and even disadvantage on hit so if you dont mind throwing a little health to the wind you can just ignore the low and take +4 in her face or take punish if she tries the mid... also notable MOST hilde players jump for the A FIRST because they dont want to dump their B charge and doing the mid ender requires resetting both charges so while throwing a little health away makes it simple free elbows because people want to use doom combo and save that C3B are worth taking.

Her 22A series is interesting... the starter takes elbows, the high followup can get ducked and pwned and the mid variation is elbow punishable

http://crna.no-ip.info/sc3_gs/hilde_IV_movelist.html

yeah her movelist is kinda wierd... like her kicks arent that good by far and large but her A's give advantage almost entirely across the board and there are alot of even frames on hit... I need to digest this a bit and get in some matches against hilde players tonight/tommorrow to see how it impacts gameplay

Right now IMO the best way to deal with Hilde is to play every round like you want to get a perfect... you cant give her anything because one mistake is all she needs if you let her start the stupid combo

every hilde ive faced always will perform 2 chrges. after the second, i normally try to punish. she's 1 to not b underestimated and one of my hardest fights.

every hilde ive faced always will perform 2 chrges. after the second, i normally try to punish. she's 1 to not b underestimated and one of my hardest fights.

If you stun Hilde, the player will most likely try to shake out of it and when they try, they'll release their charge and have to start over.

If you stun Hilde, the player will most likely try to shake out of it and when they try, they'll release their charge and have to start over.

Why would they release their charge when all they need is directional inputs?

It's definitely key to keep track of what charges your Hilde possibly has up at all times ; you're restricted in your movelist once you think she has C3A ~ The Auto-GI can leave you in either an immense amount of pain, or simply rung out.

-Manta-

Why would they release their charge when all they need is directional inputs?

It's definitely key to keep track of what charges your Hilde possibly has up at all times ; you're restricted in your movelist once you think she has C3A ~ The Auto-GI can leave you in either an immense amount of pain, or simply rung out.

-Manta-

Maybe they'll release it if they're surprised by the stun.

Back