Voldo Character Matchups Thread

Yoshi lets just say for the sake of arguement that your not playing a retarded hilde player

If you can read the space on C3B to stay out of range (yeah it hits for a mile to begin with) V is one of the few characters who can punish her whiffs... For players that like to C3A after you block CxB 236throw will hop you over her and give you BT mixup thats hard to backdash... Also kick moves that leave you grounded like 236K or 44K are about all you can use if you wanna fish against her when she has both charges up as she cant really hurt you if your wrong with those... but if you try to like 66K to get in itll crash through C3A but if she stays defensive and steps you either high charge is dangerous because even if she dumps off C3B and you whiff your still eating C3A full damage combo because C2B charges stupid fast

Ando - If the hilde player wants to use charges in succession you can step the 2nd... just step to her left to step a B and to her right to step an A

Yoshi lets just say for the sake of arguement that your not playing a retarded hilde player

If you can read the space on C3B to stay out of range (yeah it hits for a mile to begin with) V is one of the few characters who can punish her whiffs... For players that like to C3A after you block CxB 236throw will hop you over her and give you BT mixup thats hard to backdash... Also kick moves that leave you grounded like 236K or 44K are about all you can use if you wanna fish against her when she has both charges up as she cant really hurt you if your wrong with those... but if you try to like 66K to get in itll crash through C3A but if she stays defensive and steps you either high charge is dangerous because even if she dumps off C3B and you whiff your still eating C3A full damage combo because C2B charges stupid fast

Ando - If the hilde player wants to use charges in succession you can step the 2nd... just step to her left to step a B and to her right to step an A

wow the A is steppable too. i only thought the B was, thnx 4 tha tip. :)

You can't go off frame data alone. Spacing plays a huge part in punishing. For instance, Cassandra's 1A at tip range is completely safe, not even 6:6B punishable.

I noticed something funny today. I was TC under Hilde's C1_2_3A today. is that a glitch? i've always thought that her Charge A series were mids. please help with my confusion lol. i'm gonna go test this in training.

I noticed something funny today. I was TC under Hilde's C1_2_3A today. is that a glitch? i've always thought that her Charge A series were mids. please help with my confusion lol. i'm gonna go test this in training.

There are several super-crouch moves that Voldo has, and they will go under her charges as well as many other mids. Sadly, most lows from Voldo are either linear or can be Auto-GI'd by C3A, and since she has arguably the best step in the game, if you miss she'll kill you. Damn that Hilde... :P

-Manta-

New plan to kill hilde... no big voldo only secrets to this one... just dont take any risks till your at a point on the stage where she cant RO you with a doom combo... adjust the range for risk after you block a C3B by a bit because C3A is still really ugly but still just step guard and wait for the right opening or the right position to be able to take risks and not have one mistake kill you

I am having the worst problems against a good amy. it seems she can go brainless and just attack and step all day.

Main moves I am having problems with
8wr A+B
6bb
66b
4bb

are there reliable ways to punish these?

and after I do 1(k) I can GI the 6bb with her, and if I do BS 1a afterwords 6bb hit me, any good options?

Also what are some good ways to shut down a good amy?

4A+K, 1B, and A+B really shut down Taki's options

Couldn't agree with you more ~ 4A+K > most her PO nonsense.

After studying her more I found out she's horribly unsafe on several moves ~ Ya just gotta know how to get out of those usual stuns and the bomb-tech traps and other gimmicks. She's not tough if you know how to beat her ~

-Manta-

Ok, everything the people above me said, but also, don't use Face against her often unless you either *know* it will hit or you have a good chance of catching her in a jump and ringing her out. A lot of her moves interrupt Face either before it can GI or simply by being kicks.

Sorry, my bad, I'd just assumed it had become common terminology because everybody out here seems to say it.

"Face" is BS A+B, the auto GI. Everytime it GI hits, we (i.e. the Voldo players I know) tend to just yell out "FACE!"

"Face" is BS A+B, the auto GI. Everytime it GI hits, we (i.e. the Voldo players I know) tend to just yell out "FACE!"

....lol X_x......gotcha. This is why I envy all you Cali guys, because you HAVE THE COMMUNITY to do all this shit, I have to go online.

B+K charged can be a disgusting whiff punisher in general, again, just because Taki makes me feel like I can only use i12 and lower moves on ADVANTAGE. 1B

Yeah, a lot of the times you're stuck 2Aing. However, let's say that Taki likes doing 1BA into PO options a lot, for example.

CR B will beat everything that Taki has after 1BA. It beats PO A, PO B, PO K, it beats her hover and levitate options by going under them and giving you a free BS WR B combo for 70+ damage. It beats her PO sidestep in one direction, and if she steps the other direction it whiffs but leaves you out of range for Taki to punish with anything because she's backturned. The only thing that beats CR B after a blocked 1BA is PO 8K, which is horrible frames even on hit, and 1B will beat PO 8K if you anticipate it.

A lot of what makes Taki scary is her PO rushdown which, frankly, CR B owns.

Sorry, my bad, I'd just assumed it had become common terminology because everybody out here seems to say it.

Interesting... never thought of that move in that term XP.

....lol X_x......gotcha. This is why I envy all you Cali guys, because you HAVE THE COMMUNITY to do all this shit, I have to go online.

Actually, the community that says that is generally the East Coast Philly/South Jersey area. And there are DEFINITELY players in Tampa Bay...

FC 3A+K PO nonsense. 4A+K out of the jumpy mixups, A+B everything she does at the start of the match. 6:6B everything else.

Back