Voldo Combo Discussion

22B, BS 66k, BS 66B works just like it does for BS 4K (It's dropped like once or twice from max range, off-axis otherwise seems pretty reliable).

BS A+B leads to a 3 hit combo on CH I believe. You can end alot of MT or BS combos with A+B hitting a grounded opponent, for better wakeup.

MT A leads to a gauranteed 1B. Unless you want free damage with no mixup (2K, 666B?)

LF B, LF B~A+B+K gauranteed when LF B does a ground stun. So in theory LF [A], LF B, LF B BE should all be gauranteed.

6[K]~MT B combos?! Might be Ukemiable.

Also I want to extensively test the auto-GI properties of MT [B+K] and LF B+K. If they come in with a single attack, I think you can set up free damage.

Just some tidbits. I'll edit if need be.

LF B, LF B BE is guaranteed. Good catch. I honestly forgot that he still had LF BBB with brave edge in this game. But LF B isn't guaranteed after LF [A] unless you know something I don't.

This does, however, make CH 8A, LF B, LF B BE guaranteed for 65 and 1/2 meter.

6[K], MCFT B doesn't combo. MCFT B can still be ukemied to the right as always, unfortunately.

MCHT A does indeed guarantee 1[/B], but it feels like a waste in this game compared to SC4 (missing SC4 A+B, and throws feel shorter range). MCHT A does give the following though, from my testing:

MCHT A, 66[6]B - 61
MCHT A, 2A+B - 65
MCHT A (close hit), [B+K], MCHT 66 - 77

CR BB is also really buff on counterhit, specifically if the first whiffs or is blocked and the 2nd hit is CH. We have:

CH CR BB[3] (2nd hit only), CR BB - 61
CH CR BB[3] (2nd hit only), CR A+B - 58, RO backwards
CH CR BB[3], (2nd hit only), CR [K] - 47, but leaves you in good position for BS 2A+B or BCR B

Yeah, if you get a 88B with visible step I believe it's guaranteed.

And catching right-tech with animated CE requires a tiny, tiny delay. It won't completely whiff otherwise, but that tiny delay might make a left-tech able to slip out.
*Edit: left tech will never slip out, even if you delay it to the point where it otherwise becomes blockable.

In fact, I'm sure that everytime you can connect with a non-animated CE on someone who's teching, a tiny delay (and then we're talking something like ~1f precision) will tech trap for full animation.
*Edit: The risk is delaying it too much and whiffing/getting blocked.

In fact, I'm sure that everytime you can connect with a non-animated CE on someone who's teching, a tiny delay (and then we're talking something like ~1f precision) will tech trap for full animation.
Not having much luck with that theory so far...

Anyway, another wall combo / tech trap:
88B W! 4K W! 4B, 66K, WR B = 76 dmg
picks up any tech for -> 4K, 66K, 66B = 150 dmg, pretty decent for no meter
with meter -> 4K, CE (full animation) = 170 dmg

Not having much luck with that theory so far...

Anyway, another wall combo / tech trap:
88B W! 4K W! 4B, 66K, WR B = 76 dmg
picks up any tech for -> 4K, 66K, 66B = 150 dmg, pretty decent for no meter
with meter -> 4K, CE (full animation) = 170 dmg

I tried your combo again and maybe it's the character size then because I'm using Pyrra omega and BS 4B keeps wifffing most of the time. Who have you practiced this on?

All my testing is done Voldo vs Voldo, but I have no trouble connecting the combo on O.Pyrrha. A little more whiff prone I'd say, so yeah it's probably affected by character height.

But mostly I think it's a timing issue.

Don't know if anyone has posted this up but if you hit 22_88B on the opponents back the 66K will leave them in a face down stun right at your feet. Allowing you to do a CE follow up. So the combo is 22_88B, 66K, CE, MCHT K~104 Damage.
Also from my experience with the 4B wall combos the 4B will whiff if not at the right distance or if the W! isn't high enough.

Some more wall combos.
CH 6AB[A] W!, BS 4K W!, BSCR B, BS 4K, BS 66K, CE, MCHT K~147 Damage
CH 6AB[A] W!, BS 4K W!, BSCR B, BS 4K, 66K, A_B:G~133 Damage
CH 6AB[A] W!, BS 4K W!, BS 6B6B, 66B BE~116 Damage
CH 6AB[A] W!, BS 4K W!, BS 4B, 66A+B, [B+K], MCHT 66~125 Damage (seems to be Angle/Height specific)

I'm sure most of these are known but I don't think I saw them posted so I will post here.

6K, 666B - 38
6K, 66B BE - 55
66A, 666B - 42
66A, 66B BE - 56
B+K, 666B - 42
B+K, 66B BE - 55
MCFT A, 666B - 66
MCFT A, 66B BE - 75
1K, CE, MCHT K - 73
1[K], CE, MCHT K - 68
BS 6B6B, 666B - 66
BS 6B6B, 66B BE - 79
BS 6B6B, CE, MCHT K - 91
CH BS 6ABB, 666B - 80
CH BS 6ABB, 66B BE - 93
CH BS 6ABB, CE, MCHT K - 106

1K!, BCR A, BS 4K!, BCR B, BS 4K, BS 66K, BS A+B~G - 98
1K!, BCR A, BS 4K!, BCR B, BS 4K, BS 66K, CE, MCHT K - 115
1K!, BCR A, BS 4K!, BCR B, BS 6B6B, 666B - 98
1K!, BCR A, BS 4K!, BCR B, BS 6B6B, 66B BE - 108

I'm not sure is you can do LF~A (BA), LF~B (BE), B+K
but you can still do LF~B, LF~B (BE), B+K

Also:
BS~B+K (GI), dash, 1B
This works at max range but it hard to time, which mean you can probably do the 666B or something similar as well.

I know MC is lags so much in this game but is there any use for MC~B+K any more or no? And WC~3A for that matter?

I've found that BS 4K, BS B+K connects on large opponents when BS 4K hits at tip range. You can easily test which characters this works on by getting close to the character in training mode, hit them with 4A, then go right into BS 4K, BS B+K. You can also tack on A+B~3A+B (they can tech out of 3A+B though) for some big damage.

But doesn't BS~4K, 2A+B [2] connect and wouldn't that be a better option since it does more consistent damage a can potentially ring out? Also, sure you can't mash out a 66B BE instead of A+B, that would be a better lead to get more damage.

Back