Weekly Famitsu Reveals Soulcalibur: Lost Swords

• Admin
So if you guys remember, back in July, Namco-Bandai registered a trademark for "Soulcalibur: Lost Swords". A week later, they wrapped up their Comic-con panel, and revealed absolutely nothing about the upcoming title. Well as of this week, the title has been officially revealed in Weekly Famitsu.

According to Gematsu, Soulcalibur: Lost Swords will be a Playstation 3 exclusive free-to-play game in the vein of Tekken Revolution. If its similar to their other F2P titles, the game will be "time-limited" where players must purchase tokens in order to continue playing the game beyond its initial demo hours. Not much more is known about the title, but it will most likely be a slightly modified version of Soulcalibur V.

SC-Lost-Swords-PS3-Ann.jpg

Jason Axelrod

Jason Axelrod

Owner and Operator of 8WAYRUN
Sophie's english VA is still horrible. Always loved the JP on her, it fits her much better. Also LOL at Siegfried whiffing in the trailer of this game. This is just too good.

The japanese voices are always better. I think her 66A+G will be back with her. Kind of silly giving it to SCV Voldo. At least Siegfried's B4 whiffing issues are fixed, lol.

> Gameplay footage

Wait isn't this just SCV with a few different things? This is just SCV with a few different things. I mean... Tekken Revolution was too, but you could play with people on that game. Not locally, but still other people. Hmm... then again, Soul Calibur always did appeal more to the casual crowd than the competitive crowd.

Well, any addition to SCV piques my interests. I'll keep an eye on this one.

Also, seeing Sophi have TWO CEs really gets me thinking...

Will the story plots take place in the time frame between from 17 years ago to SC5's days that explains what happen to Sophitia and the Calibur and other old characters? =)
What do you guys think?

Will the story plots take place in the time frame between from 17 years ago to SC5's days that explains what happen to Sophitia and the Calibur and other old characters? =)
What do you guys think?
LOL "Story."

This is probably gonna be ToLS: Turbo.

So :
- Dungeons
- Elemental & level-centered damage
- Loot
- Crafting

It reminds me a lot of Diablo 3. Without multiplayer.
If we can devise builds focusing on moves instead of skills, I'm interested. I hope they announce it for PC.

I'm also curious about the element mechanics, how they will affect gameplay.

Wow long time since i logged in and when i come back there's a new game coming up lol.

Not really sure how i feel about this game. since on the interview they said that players want more story(yes please) and seeing by the trailer it showed images and songs from all games I'm hoping they are trying to do something a la DOA dimensions. if they go that route i hope they don't mess it up like Doa dimensions did. if its like that and some old characters are brought back on the SC5 engine i think it has a chance to succeed.

They already implied that this game is to cater to the casual fan base so i don't think we should expect any kind of balance which can be a good thing, it will make it more fun. I really hope they do a good job on pulling people in.

If we can devise builds focusing on moves instead of skills, I'm interested.
I'm also starting to understand why there's no multiplayer. Customization of moves in an fg? Lol, PS can't balance that shit.

Edit: OK, now I know why there's no multi:
individual weapons can also be upgraded through weapon forging. As you defeat enemies in Lost Swords, you will be rewarded with various weapons and pieces of equipment. If those items aren't to your liking, you can melt them down and use them to increase the capabilities of your more preferred items.
Weapon forging.
Earning items means diving into one of the game's many dungeons, battling a series of opponents, and finally defeating the boss lying in wait at the end.
Some form of dungeon crawling.
it's a mission-based, single-player experience with a heavy emphasis on character customization.
you can choose to upload that fighter online. This is more than just a bragging tool; other players may download your fighter and use him as a support character in battle.
Like dragon's dogma's pawn system, kind of?

Uh, guys? It's an rpg. ^^;

Last edited:
It's kind of pointless to hope for it, since Sophitia is in her SC4 outfit, but I really hope that any other returning characters(from before SC5) are given new designs. Because honestly, if they bring back Talim, I'd love to see an older version of her. And also the character designs in SC4 were just kind of blah and I don't have much desire to see most of them ever again.

Live streams

25 Viewers
Draethiox
Draethiox
Setsuka noises to relax and study to
9 Viewers
8wayfunz
8wayfunz
3 years without you Gilg. short Taki stream.
2 Viewers
AdamCrowGaming
AdamCrowGaming
SoulCalibur VI Two-Face Mode Part 7: Perpetually Poor...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
philmckrackon
Back