What's good with Tira? (General Discussion Thread)

What's good with Tira? (General Discussion Thr

Maxi player since SC2.
I absolutely HATE half the characters in the cast. It's personal. I can't stand their playstyle. Zas, well, he seems fun. That's all. I should add Nightmare/Asta to that list. However, I can't do Asta throws for some reason and am having trouble with SC4 Nightmare for some reason. I guess without SC3 A2A2A, I haven't been able to rush as well as I used to.

Bah, they can all compete...and very well too as long as you understand/know them well enough.

Tira is a nice character for tourneys....i've picked her up again and been working a lotta different setups in my game. What i can tell you now is that use of her lows is of PRIME importance and use of her updraft setups.

1A is a must use (essentially safe)
11B is another must use
11A not really a must use, but it's nice.
8WR left+K you should use sparingly....and it will almost always hit. Great TC.

The lows are bs-12, -15, -15 respectively which means hardly anyone can punish except the greeks and sets. 8WR left+K is unsafe as hell but good. 1K is good cuz noone blocks it.
3B application is of prime importance in both stances. AA, 33K, JS 6A are your only needed antistep tools.
11K, 6K and WS K are your 'shielding moves' so to speak, i urge Tira players to examine the TC and TJ frames of each of these to know how and when to use them i.e to say at which adv or disadv do they work best for their properties and so on.
UD B should be in everyone's game...look for setups for it....share :)

Tira ring throw

Hello, how to do that Tira attack when you smack your opponent in the air and then she throws her ring blade at him?

Tira ring throw

CH WR B is the better term... easier to understand...

Counterhit... While Rising... B (Vertical)

Tira ring throw

Pro-tip: Next time you have a simple question such as this, do not make an entire thread for it. Simply ask the question in the "What's good with Tira?" general discussion thread.

Yep you can get CH 2A+B, 4A:A , BF 44K, BF44K, BF66B. But 22A-> 4A:A won't work.
EDIT: i'm not quite sure about 22A->4A:A i got it very few times now but not constantly.

after 22A you can do 4A:A but it needs timing.
i cant do it very often but it can be done.

im trying to teach my girl how to play SC and she likes tira. We play tekken all the time but i have never had such a problem understanding a character in my life. what makes her even remotely decent to play as a character? she loses health for no apparent reason and i dont see anything that gives enough pay off to get it back.

yoshi could spin and lose health in tekken but he could instantly get it back.. someone just explain why they would design a character that loses her health like this. her combos dont even do much damage from what i see.

maybe im just wrong here.

im trying to teach my girl how to play SC and she likes tira. We play tekken all the time but i have never had such a problem understanding a character in my life. what makes her even remotely decent to play as a character? she loses health for no apparent reason and i dont see anything that gives enough pay off to get it back.

yoshi could spin and lose health in tekken but he could instantly get it back.. someone just explain why they would design a character that loses her health like this. her combos dont even do much damage from what i see.

maybe im just wrong here.

If you've ever played or heard of the game Guilty Gear, look up ABA. Tira is, more or less, a failed replica of the greatness that is ABA.

There are a lot of good concepts in Tira's design, Namco just failed with the execution (because they fail at a lot of things). She's ranked fairly low on the tier list (low-mid iirc) because she is a high risk/low reward character meaning that in order to win with her you have to work harder playing with her than you do with other characters.

I imagine this is old, but has anyone tried JS CH6AB B 8KK B? Much nice than the usual B+K B ^_^

secret move

ok im not a tira user and im not sure if you guys new about it but if you do JS 1aB fastest input it will come out as GS 2A+B sorry if you already new this i did not find it xIMTDragonx told me i probably spelled his name wrong have fun this move is a pain in the ass

secret move

Yeah, this hidden move has been known for a while now. Making an entire thread like this really wasn't necessary either.

Didn't really know where to ask about this, but how do you guys get Tira's jf buffering? I stopped playing as her because I couldn't do her buffer combos on a 360 pad. How good does arcade stick work for this?

Back