When Voldo sparkles Red and Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stormy221

[08] Mercenary
When you use Voldo's Gate Opener (:6::6::A:+:B:) during a CH he follows it up with a super freak and both his katar sparkle red and blue. (use this combo to see it :A:+:B:,:3::A:,:6::6::A:+:B:) Does anyone have any clue as to what this does or if your suppose to follow it up with something?

Edit(Sporko): You get Blue and Red sparkles when your 66A+B hits on counterhit. I have merged all of the threads that ask this question together, and stickied it for good measure. It seems to be one of the first questions people come to the forum to ask so I wanted to make sure it was visible right towards the top of the page. Thread closed.

As far as I've seen you can follow it up with 2A+B~CR B. The opponent spins during you taunt, and you have a good wake up off of that. It reminds me of Zasalamel's B+K which taunts on Hit

You can get sparkles in this combo every time with his SCC -

CH BS B+K, 2A+B, 236 A+B+K (SCC) 66A+B, 2A+B, 236B - =)

-Manta-

It does the sparkle when only the 2nd hit of 66A+B hit s on CH. It does a little extra damage and you get a free followup. Usually 2A+B,CR K is what I use.

the scc activates on regular counter hit yes, but only if held down. otherwise it will work on stun counterhit. i discovered this in practice mode 2day. i dont know if its due 2 1.03 patch or what but thats what ive learned, if it helps. :)

Yeah, weird name but definitely amusing. So can anyone tell me about when voldos claws catch fire in blue and red? Like how is it happening, why, etc? Thanks

i think it only happens when you hold 66A+B with it being a CH. remember, you've gotta hold a+b down, then you can cancel the spirit fingers with 2A+B 236K_A. go gettum!

Yeah, except that I think Maxi will taunt when the kick connects. It doesn't matter if it is a counter hit or not. Voldo's needs to be a counter hit for him to get that effect.

Furthermore, I believe it only happens when the SECOND hit of 66A+B is CH.

That means you either have to clash with the first hit and land the second, or they have to block the first and try to attack against the second.

Yeah, the 2nd hit being CH is what triggers the ground effect. It happens if the first hit is CH, you just have to hold A+B for the duration of the attack to get the ground stun effect. Try it in a combo. CH 2A+B~236A+B+K, 66[A+B], 2A+B~236B_K

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back